Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 For Those who have Dairy animals- New Update!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic For Those who have Dairy animals- New Update! Next Topic
Page: of 3

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 18 2007 :  8:46:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Do you need glass bottles?

I have an outlet to get some wonderful glass bottles from an old dairy in my area. I know the family who owns them could use the money from selling the bottles and I know how hard it can be to find dairy bottles for a decent price. I bought a dozen from them for a friend of mine about 6 months ago and I would be willing to help broker a deal for you if you would like them.

The have half gallon bottles and quart size as well. They were used in a functioning dairy so they aren't brand new, but they are in good shape. Some of them have fun designs on the handle grip (like waves and such) and some are plain.

Please either respond to this post or email me if this is something you need. I am pretty sure I can keep the cost below $5 a bottle with shipping and everything.

Alee

Edited by - Alee on Jun 05 2007 6:36:30 PM

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - May 18 2007 :  10:24:14 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Alee - those sound so wonderful! They could be charming for so many other things besides milk, too... I hope they find a perfect home...

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 19 2007 :  09:20:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I kept two of the half gallons for myself. I use them all the time for everything from mixing up some lemonade to watering my plants. They take the place of all those plastic pitchers I used to have in my cupboard. I figure the glass is much more healthy.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

MariaAZ
True Blue Farmgirl

203 Posts

Phoenix AZ
203 Posts

Posted - May 19 2007 :  10:29:38 AM  Show Profile
We have a small collection of milk bottles with plastic tops, and I pour milk from cartons into the bottles. Hubby, the family milk fan (I'm not partial to milk) swears it tastes better, especially if I get the milk out the of carton as soon as I get it home.

Visit my blog at www.craftyfool.net
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 19 2007 :  11:32:54 AM  Show Profile
I would for sure be interested in quart bottles. I use some old Straus dairy milk bottles that I bought organic milk in years ago in Calif now. I filter my fresh milk into gallon glass jars with the wide mouth, then after I skim off the cream (big layer of that on Mona's milk) I put the cream into pint canning jars and the milk into my milk bottles for drinking. My kids can pour from those alot easier than the big gallon jars...I espeically like the quart ones for them to pour..less chance of spills..and they are SOO cute!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 19 2007 :  2:54:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Aunt Jenny-

I just send you an email. I will probably be getting together with the folks from the old dairy in the next week or so. I will let everyone who wants bottles know how much they are currently charging as soon as I know and will get them shipped out to you as soon as I get them.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - May 20 2007 :  9:24:57 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Alee,
I would be interested too! I would be interested in both sizes depending on the price! How neat and thank you so very much!
Hugz!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 23 2007 :  6:50:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Sorry they are taking a while to get back to me. The man has health problems and his wife is on vacation. I am sure I will have this wrapped up in a week or so. Just waiting for them to contact me so I can pick up the bottles and get the price.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - May 24 2007 :  01:26:52 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
No Worries! And thank you so much for doing this!!! It is very sweet of you!!
Hugz!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

chickfarmer
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

Michigan
USA
3 Posts

Posted - May 25 2007 :  08:33:02 AM  Show Profile
oooooh! Am I too late? I would be interested in getting a few of these if possible.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 25 2007 :  11:57:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Never too late! The people who currently own the bottles used to have a dairy that unfortunately went out of business. The state codes changed and it would have cost too much for them to rebuild the dairy to meet the new codes since they only lease the land from a local university. So there are probably over 1000 bottles and the family would love to get them sold. Unfortunately the owner has health problems and can't work (severe depression and horrible migraines) so his wife is their only source of income. They are really nice people, so any sales will be helping them in a very real way.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 25 2007 :  12:21:03 PM  Show Profile
That is so sad. I have heard that small family dairies really do have a hard time staying in business these days. My grandparents owned a small dairy when my mom was growing up and had registered Jersey cows. It broke my grandpa's heart when he had to close the dairy and sell the cows because of health problems. There aren't enough small farms out there!!
Hey chickenfarmer! Welcome to the group!! Be sure to go to the Welcome wagon section and introduce yourself so we can give you a big farmgirl welcome!!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

chickfarmer
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

Michigan
USA
3 Posts

Posted - May 25 2007 :  6:20:06 PM  Show Profile
Alee, thanks for the reply. That is very sad. I hate to see the small farmers going out of business. I am not a dairy farmer myself, although I would love to own just one for the fresh REAL milk (maybe someday...) but for right now I have someone that had offered to sell me fresh raw milk for "animal feed", of course I just need my own containers to put it in and from all I've read lately, plastic is really bad for us so when I saw this post I just had to come out and make my first post!

Thanks, Aunt Jenny. I will try to find my way to the welcome wagon. There is just soooo much good info all over this site, there just doesnt seem to be enough time in the day.
Go to Top of Page

Mag
True Blue Farmgirl

144 Posts

Margaret
Mount Vernon OH
USA
144 Posts

Posted - May 25 2007 :  7:53:46 PM  Show Profile
Alee,
I would be interested depending on the price of each bottle. Thanks so much for offering to broker. Just let me know whenever you do.

mag
Go to Top of Page

mellaisbella
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

melanie
living on Anne of Green Gables land
Canada
1862 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  1:12:07 PM  Show Profile
hello there....i would love to have one of each size...thanks

"learn to watch snails" SARK
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  7:01:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I went and picked up 20 bottles of the quart and the half gallon size. I will get the bottles mailed tomorrow to the people who have already paid.

I am so excited for everyone. I am going to post a picture of the bottles as soon as my camera batteries re-charge. They also have these ADORABLE little pint sized cream bottles! I want to get a bunch! Not sure what I will use them for- maybe heavy duty drinking glasses?

Alee

Edited by - Alee on Jun 05 2007 6:38:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 30 2007 :  12:33:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi ladies!

I just got ahold of the people who have the glass dairy bottles.

Prices:
$2 for a quart
$2.50 for the half gallons plus shipping.
I will email you all who have expressed interest. Please get back to me as soon as you can so I can get them mailed before next Friday since I will be out of town for 2 weeks. I do have a paypal account so that might be the easiest way of paying.

Thanks Ladies! I know they appreciate it!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

BackyardTreasures
True Blue Farmgirl

189 Posts

Anne
Connecticut
USA
189 Posts

Posted - May 30 2007 :  2:10:50 PM  Show Profile
Whenever you get all the details worked out, I'm interested in at least one of each size.

Thanks,
~~Anne

www.homesteadblogger.com/BackyardTreasures
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 30 2007 :  2:43:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi ladies!

For those of you who didn't list a number of bottles, I just emailed you. As soon as I get a count I can get the bottles and maybe even ship them out this week!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Justimagine
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Kate
TX
USA
47 Posts

Posted - May 31 2007 :  06:15:43 AM  Show Profile
Ok, I know I'm jumping the gun...(still trying to learn how to *buy* a goat!) but I know I'll need bottles... so please put me down for some.
I would like four of each size. Let me know what to do, Alee. Thanks, Kate~

"...out of the heart flow the wellsprings of life"
Proverbs 4:23
See what's springing up from Kate's heart today at www.Kate-Wells.com

Edited by - Justimagine on May 31 2007 06:17:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 31 2007 :  2:48:25 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Kate! I will put you down for 4 of each size and you can always contact me for more as you need them.

Ladies that have ordered milk bottles- if you have a paypal account, I have updated mine so my forum email is the same as my paypal email. Shipping is an extra $6 (estimated). If you need a total, please email me. I will ship with in 2 to 3 buisness days after payment comes through.

Please email me if you don't have paypal and we can work something out.

Thanks!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

BackyardTreasures
True Blue Farmgirl

189 Posts

Anne
Connecticut
USA
189 Posts

Posted - May 31 2007 :  4:22:39 PM  Show Profile
How do I found out your forum email?

~~Anne

www.homesteadblogger.com/BackyardTreasures
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 31 2007 :  6:19:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I will email you and then you will have it :)
Also you can always email someone and when they reply you can see it :)
Alee
Go to Top of Page

Justimagine
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Kate
TX
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2007 :  1:44:06 PM  Show Profile
Alee, is that $6.00 per bottle or total? Kate~

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2007 :  2:40:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Kate-

For shipping one or two bottles I am estimating $6 of shipping, but possibly more. The shipping cost is total. If you want more than one or two bottles it will be more than that because I will have to get bigger boxes :)

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Justimagine
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Kate
TX
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2007 :  12:50:39 PM  Show Profile
Alee,
I understand...could you just send me an invoice? I want to be sure I send you the right amount! Thanks...Kate~

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic For Those who have Dairy animals- New Update! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page