Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 16 yards of western fabric
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic 16 yards of western fabric Next Topic  

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 18 2007 :  7:32:49 PM  Show Profile
Wahoooo! I just received a box with 16 yards of lite weight western fabric to cut & sew with to my hearts content...
Ronna, Thank you so very much... Now to decide what to make first, a duvet w/a red bandana backing, curtains for my SOTF trailer, P.J.'s for me ,,,oh wait, I know.... I'll first make an apron....
yippe ki yea...

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on May 18 2007 7:33:14 PM

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - May 19 2007 :  08:57:56 AM  Show Profile
Grace,
I think the red bandana backing is a wonderful idea. Seems like you can buy the yardage, but don't rememeber if it was from Keepsake Quilting or ????
I look forward to the pictures of what you decide to make with it and so glad it has a happy home.
Ronna
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 19 2007 :  09:24:38 AM  Show Profile
Ronna,
I found 2 company's that sell western motif & bandana type fabris, but wow are they expensive...
I saw a bunch of bandanas over at our nearby .99cent store but there were only 7 red ones, I bought them anyways as well as the 3 green ones...just in case...I cane always make an apron out of the bandanas...
Wow, what a great day it's, took my Fosmax, just had my coffee, DH is going to work on the trailer~ elecrical stuff & I am gonna go play in my Garden of Weedin' for a bit & then maybe get a little sewing time in later this afternoon.
Ya know, it's not to late for you to change your mind & come out & play w/kreativeblond & mima & I over in Ventura next Sunday.....shopping/eating/shopping/eating LOL!
tata-4-now

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - May 19 2007 :  6:36:11 PM  Show Profile
Boo Hoo...I wanna play with ya'll too. Gosh, wish I lived over there and we could have a sewing and coffee meetup! Sounds like fun!!! I would love to see your fabric too!! post photos when you can........

G

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
http://auntgeorge.wordpress.com/
My new apron's only blog!

Thanks for checking out my apron and sewing musings!
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - May 19 2007 :  7:02:46 PM  Show Profile
Grace, Sounds like you will have some fun with that fabric!!!!! Yes, post a picture! Do we ever get away from our sewing machines?! Yes, right to the computer to see what's happening at the Farm! Just before GU I got a new axle (not me personally even tho I need one), leaf springs, brake lighting, trailer brakes, tires, baby moons, spare tire with baby moon hitch, and a battery. Poor DH! I put him back for awhile!!!!!! He wanted the trailer to be safe for me. It towed beautifully! What is the theme of your trailer? Fun!

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

"Cherish the memories and in our hearts they shall live forever!"
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - May 19 2007 :  9:01:58 PM  Show Profile
Grace,
Most of the bandanas sold are pure junk once they're washed...ask the wife of a Harley rider :) The fabric twists out of shape like the 3 for $5 tshirts sold to tourists everywhere. The Lab usually gets them after he's worn them once. Though, if you won't be washing whatever you make often, it probably won't make that much difference. Not like the cowboy fabric is first rate, cuz we both know better. I'm sure whatever you do will be just fine, not like you've never sewn before. And the other ladies will be jealous too!
Ronna
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic 16 yards of western fabric Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page