Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 ISO baby sling pattern
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic ISO baby sling pattern Next Topic  

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - May 16 2007 :  9:34:50 PM  Show Profile
I am looking for a good baby sling pattern. My first son didnt like it and would literally get swallowed by it. He was 4.5 lbs when we brought him home from the hospital. By the time he was 10 lbs and big enough for it, he was walking.

My new guy is huge, born 9 lbs. So I would like to give it another try. It would be too easy to be able to stick him in a sling and nurse him at the same time. Walk around and have 2 free hands.

What is your favorite baby sling. I want to make one this time. I gave my last one away. I would also like it pretty adjustable. I am 5'7 and DH is 6'5... So one size typically does not fit all here.

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com
www.Botanical-Bath.com

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - May 16 2007 :  9:45:31 PM  Show Profile
Hi, there, Elizabeth! I just have to say first off - the saying at the bottom of your posts absolutely cracks me up!!! And, I'm not sure about the baby sling pattern - I've tried them before, and the ones I've tried "swallowed" my little guys, too. I've ended up holding them in my arms for their first 9 months of life, and then I just LOVE the mei tai carrier - have you tried that one? It really WILL fit both of you!

XOXO, Libbie

In honor of Mother's Day, "If it's not one thing, it's your mother...
Go to Top of Page

elah
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Emily
SW Michigan
USA
349 Posts

Posted - May 17 2007 :  08:01:19 AM  Show Profile
I'm a big sewer but I did not make mine. I bought a Sling Ezee and it was worth every penny. Had actually tried different ones first but none of them worked for me. Then I tried the Sling Ezee and could not have been happier. One of the things about slings is that one size does not fit all. I'm tall, slim, wear a size 12 and my size of sling is a small almost an extra small! And that is because is goes by width and height of your torso. I think that is why it's hard to make a sling. You almost have to find one that works in the store and then make your based on the measurements of the one in the store.
Go to Top of Page

Carolinagirl
True Blue Farmgirl

486 Posts

Kim
Rutherfordton NC
USA
486 Posts

Posted - May 17 2007 :  08:56:36 AM  Show Profile
Here's a link to some freebie sling and wrap patterns-
http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/index.html

She also has lots of other baby-related free patterns. Good luck!

Kim in NC

PS- I had the maya wrap with my last daughter and loved it. I think their site is www.mayawrap.com
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - May 17 2007 :  10:08:09 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, I am going to try a to sew a few. Now if I could just figure out how to use my hemming foot.

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com
www.Botanical-Bath.com

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic ISO baby sling pattern Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page