Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 I have been bitten by the apron bug!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic I have been bitten by the apron bug! Next Topic  

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - May 16 2007 :  10:44:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Goodness, I think I have to join AA....Aprons Anonymous! I have been sewing aprons and I just keep finding more fabric. I made two today with that homespun look, but my next ones are going to be bold and wild for summer (watermelons, cherries, lemons). I listed today's on my Etsy.

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Check out my shoppe at www.honeybeez.etsy.com
www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com , www.beehavenmaven.blogspot.com

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 16 2007 :  11:44:02 AM  Show Profile
I hear tell that A.A. has a 12-step program for apronaholics,,,,but I also hear the success rate is very slim!!! LOL
Iam on one very long binge myself,,,,got one apron on the sewing machine, another one cut out and a stack of fabric for the future ones....I,m kinda like the aholic who hides their stash, oh wiat, I do that too! My DH has no idea how much fabric I hve stashed!!! hahaha!

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - May 16 2007 :  8:00:07 PM  Show Profile
So I guess I shouldnt tell you that Joanns just put a bunch of cool fabric on clearance.

I have OCFBD = obsessive compulsive fabric buying disorder.
I am afraid that if I dont buy it all.... it will be gone and I will need it.
I do use it, so DH is ok with it (Plus I make all the money, so he has no room to complain)

But maybe we should start an Apron-sew-a-long
I love seeing the creativity of others.

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com
www.Botanical-Bath.com

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - May 17 2007 :  04:26:12 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Elizabeth....I just went to JoAnns yesterday....although I was attacked by a newer bolt of fabric...it held me hostage until I agreed to take it home. This next apron (I am working on this morning) is a little more whimsical....with watermelons for summer. Will post a pic when it is finished.(in about an hour)I think an apron posting thread is a great idea! Will start one when I am finished sewing.

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Check out my shoppe at www.honeybeez.etsy.com
www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com , www.beehavenmaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - May 17 2007 :  12:17:13 PM  Show Profile
LOL..ya'll are too funny. I'm right there with ya. Didn't you know we are in a club? The "she who dies with the most fabric wins" club....LOL

Later,
G

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
http://auntgeorge.wordpress.com/
My new apron's only blog!

Thanks for checking out my apron and sewing musings!
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 17 2007 :  1:55:03 PM  Show Profile
i hide fabric..
i think i am seriously the worst kind of aholic..
I have some all sorted out nice & pretty .. stacked by color & patterns so i can pick out what i need for different projects.. but then i have these tubs FULL of fabric in my sewing room!! under the tables!! & Uder the bed in the sparebedroom.. that i sneak & pull reserves out now & then!!! & yet I STILL go shop for more!!!!
& when i buy it.. i HIDE it!! i NEVER bring in everything that i buy!!! if i buy two bags of fabric at Joann's.. i walk in with one.. i mean.. i kow i have an illness.. i don't want to walk in the house looking like a junkie that just got their fix!
But i think if he didn't get such pleasure out of watching me squirm..
it wouldn't be so bad! so.. i continue hiding fabric..

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 17 2007 :  11:40:10 PM  Show Profile
acknowledging that we have a problem,,,is the 1st step to recovery.... I don't know about you ladies, but, I don't have any desire to recover! lol!
In fact kathy, I had to laugh at what you said about bringing in only 1/2 of what you purchase....I have been known to stash "craft stuff" in my car for days on end, waiting for the perfect moment of opportunity to sneak it into the house.... I need serious help...not!!!
tata-4-now

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic I have been bitten by the apron bug! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page