Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Wher do you buy your farmgirl clothes?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Wher do you buy your farmgirl clothes? Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 14 2007 :  10:06:17 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I am looking for a few blouses for the hot Texas sun. I like plaid or plain prints, even something with a few sparkles. I like a fitted or loose fit, doesn't matter, just not swimming fit. Something maybe like a prairie blouse that I can wear around the house and then out on town and easy to take care of? Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Heather

P.S. Not too $$$ either!!!

MullersLaneFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

596 Posts

Rock Falls IL
596 Posts

Posted - May 14 2007 :  10:42:42 AM  Show Profile
I like going to resale shops and buying men's cotton shirts in light colors. Not too fitted but they sure are cool!

I pair it up with a long cotton skirt, wear the shirt untucked and belted.

Both skirt and shirt make wonderful 'baskets'

Cyndi
Muller's Lane Farm http://www.mullerslanefarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Mikki
True Blue Farmgirl

1510 Posts

Mikki
Austin Indiana
USA
1510 Posts

Posted - May 14 2007 :  10:43:23 AM  Show Profile
I buy some of my farmgirl attire at Orscheln. They have cute little plaid blouses.
~~Blessings, Mikki Jo

www.mikkijo.etsy.com

http://burningmeadowsprings.blogspot.com/
http://strawberriesnapronstrings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Past Blessings
True Blue Farmgirl

1083 Posts

Brenda
Orchard Prairie WA
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - May 14 2007 :  11:18:28 AM  Show Profile
Not sure if Big R is national or local . . . it is basically a farm supply store but it has great clothes . . . many are western, some are prairie, some are urban cowgirl . . . sparkles, etc. Lots of fun. If no Big R, check into other large Farm Supply stores. Consignment shops can also be great. We have some vendors seling vintage clothing at our Past Blessings Antique Show this weekend, so checking out antique shows, flea markets, street fairs, etc. might be another fun idea. Best of luck!

Brenda

Past Blessings . . . Celebrating Life as it used to be . . . when people loved God, loved their families and loved their country.
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - May 14 2007 :  1:27:07 PM  Show Profile
My best clothes come from the thrift store!!!!!! And I usual get lots of compliments for my 65 cent shirts etc!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Horseyrider
True Blue Farmgirl

1045 Posts

Mary Ann
Illinois
1045 Posts

Posted - May 14 2007 :  7:29:29 PM  Show Profile
I buy a lot of stuff at Farm and Fleet. Jeans, sweatshirts, turtlenecks, socks, winter boots, etc. I also buy a lot at tack stores. They have a really great understanding of the needs of people who work outdoors in all sorts of weather. Years ago the priority was on looks. Now it's on function.

I bought some new bras the other day at Kohl's, and I treated myself to a cute little diamond necklace. So I do go to more 'normal' stores once in awhile.
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 14 2007 :  8:03:04 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I think I will just have to wait until I get to good ole Texas. Here in San Diego, the clothes are well made for those type of women who want to look 21 again but passed that stage long ago or it is really, high end stuff. I just don't wear neither!! Thanks for suggestions.

Cheers

Heather
Go to Top of Page

Harmony
Farmgirl in Training

25 Posts

USA
25 Posts

Posted - May 14 2007 :  8:30:25 PM  Show Profile
We have a Big R here too, and they do have some nice stuff. I know someone who was buying shirts & cowboy hats off of Ebay, they were pretty nice,maybe you should look there!

"Have a belief in yourself bigger than anyone's disbelief." -- August Wilson
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - May 15 2007 :  03:40:05 AM  Show Profile
I echo the thrift store too! You just can't beat already broken in clothes!

Lord knows I've donated enough too!

Years ago I stumbled across an Liz Claiborne silk skirt. It's a neutral color and happy to report, after nearly 17 years, it's still timeless, in superior condition and I can still get into it!
Go to Top of Page

SarahJ
True Blue Farmgirl

198 Posts

Shreveport Louisiana
198 Posts

Posted - May 15 2007 :  06:21:20 AM  Show Profile
I recently went to a Cavenders western store and I was surprised at the selection of womens clothes, including blouses. I think they are a national chain, because they have a large website. However, the website only has a fraction of what they carry in the stores.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - May 15 2007 :  11:33:10 AM  Show Profile
I like Farm and Fleet too! Every time I go home to Illinois, I shop at Farm and Fleet.

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

Vintage Redhead
True Blue Farmgirl

233 Posts

Kaylyn
Saint Charles IL
USA
233 Posts

Posted - May 15 2007 :  6:20:34 PM  Show Profile
Thift shops. If it ain't used and broken in, it ain't good 'nuff for me or my boyz! ~ K

~ Kaylyn ~ (Living in Suburbia with a FARMGIRL Heart!)

My Cause: http://nickspavilion.blogspot.com/
My Life: http://vintageredhead.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Wher do you buy your farmgirl clothes? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page