ponyexpress
True Blue Farmgirl

320 Posts

Sandy
Kirkwood Missouri
USA
320 Posts

Posted - May 14 2007 :  07:57:11 AM  Show Profile
We were invited to a neighbor's house (on the next street over) for an afternoon gathering on Mother's Day. They had just moved in about a year ago, and didn't know a lot of people. All my children live out of state and the day was free, so why not?

We were the first to arrive and were chatting with our new friends as others started to arrive. Turns out, my husband's father and this man's father were both physicians at the same hospital and knew each other well. A cousin of the neighbor attended the same grade school as hubby, and had lived just a few streets over in the same neighborhood. They knew many of the same people!

I turned around to get more lemonade and was face to face with a friend I hadn't seen in probably ten years! When I first bought my horse, I was so clueless and she took me under her wing and taught me the basics. We had so much fun together at that barn, but she moved on and so did I. She is good friends with the daughter of this neighbor, and we all know the same people. I was able to catch up on everyone's news and happenings.

We didn't know what to expect from the afternoon, and it turned out to be wonderful. Just goes to show that you have to be on your best behavior whenever and wherever, because you never know when your past will sneak up on you!!

I've learned that it takes as much time and energy to wish as it does to plan.

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - May 14 2007 :  11:27:19 AM  Show Profile
What a nice day you must have had Sandy! neat story.

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Beemoosie on May 14 2007 11:27:41 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic What a small world Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page