Pearlsnjeans
True Blue Farmgirl

248 Posts

Vicki
West Haven Utah
USA
248 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  6:21:36 PM  Show Profile
GWTW in one of my favorite books. My mom gave me the paperback when I was about 12 and I've read it so many times, it has fallen apart. The first time I saw the movie was also with my mom. Great memories!

who says Farmgirls aren't elegant
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  1:44:16 PM  Show Profile
I started GWTW today while sitting at the river. So far I already love it. Finished ENDLESS CHAIN by Emilie Richards this morning...WOW!! Cannot wait to read the next one of that series.
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  09:48:45 AM  Show Profile
Well, I finished GWTW last week! It was sad to finish it since I enjoyed the characters so much and wanted more! This summer vacation will always be remembered as the GWTW summer.

Now I am reading A TREE GROWS IN BROOKLYN. Talk about another book with strong women and girls who will always survive! Totally different setting, but excellent as a follow-up book to GWTW even if they do not seem to be alike at first.
Go to Top of Page

Grammygail
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Gail
Chattanooga Tennessee
USA
172 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2007 :  6:27:55 PM  Show Profile
Well, you have hit on a popular subject! I LOVE GWTW!!!!!!! Read it the first time in Jr. High and many times since. I have completely lost count of how many time I have seen it. Never tire of it or the Margaret Mitchell story that goes with it. I would NEVER read a sequel to GWTW unless it was written by Margaret Mitchell herself..........and we know that ain't gonna happen!!!!! What were they thinking by coming out with SCARLETT? If you haven't read it you are in for one good read!! Has anyone out there read anything by Diana Gabaldon?
Go to Top of Page

cabinmoose
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Lorna
Forest Hill MD
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2007 :  6:32:15 PM  Show Profile  Send cabinmoose an AOL message  Send cabinmoose a Yahoo! Message
Alright, I must admit, not only have I never read the book, I have not seen the movie either. I will see if I can find the book at my favorite consignment shop, they always have lots of books.

Hugs!

Cheers,

Lorna
Forest Hill, MD
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Reading Room: Previous Topic Gone with the Wind Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page