Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2007 :  11:37:22 PM  Show Profile
I finished the last book in the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon...sure did leave me wanting more! I heard she is writing a 7th one...I hope she hurries!!
And finished "Back to Blossom STreet", which our Elizabeth (Candismom) loaned me...it was sure good too.
I am reading "The Coffin Quilt" by Ann Rinaldi now..and loving it. I love any recomendations I get here!!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2007 :  08:53:55 AM  Show Profile
Jenny, I just finished one that Made me think of you. It involves a quilt and is set in Central California. Titled "Sunshine and Shadow" by Earlene Fowler. I'll send it if you want it. One of those easy summer read mystery type books.
Sharon

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2007 :  2:18:55 PM  Show Profile
That IS a good one!! It is set right where I grew up!! I have read all her books except her newest one.."Tumbling blocks". It just came out. I am sure I won't be able to hold out much longer and will end up buying it. Our library dosn't have it. Have you read her other books Sharon? I could send you some!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2007 :  1:20:36 PM  Show Profile
That was the first of hers that I've read.Found it at the thrift store. I'd love to read more if you want to send, I'll send you back the postage! Our library (system) does have the new one, but the waiting list is quite long. Guess I'll go ahead and add my name.
SHaron
PS Sounds like a beautiful place to have grown up.

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2007 :  1:26:00 PM  Show Profile
Oh boy!! I was hanging on to these hoping to find a home for them..hated to just take them to the thrift store. I will try to get the first 3 or 4 off to you soon. There is an order to them, but you can really read them in any order. I know you will like them. No need to send postage money. It will be Tuesday before I get them out...busy crazy day tomorrow and I know I won't get it done.

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2007 :  2:19:57 PM  Show Profile
Thanks! So hot lately, there's nothing better to do than lounge by a fan and read!
Sharon

Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2007 :  3:31:49 PM  Show Profile
I love Debbie McComber and Nora Roberts too.
I just finished Susahan's garden; but Debbie McComber
This was really good.
I love the yarn novels she has
I want to get the new one Back on Blossom street.
But, will have to wait till the paperback one.
Pinkroses
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2007 :  9:08:44 PM  Show Profile
Back to Blossom street was really good. I borrowed it to read and loved it. I just finished a book with two of her Heart of Texas series..the first two (lonesome cowboy and texas two step) I bought it used and would be happy to pass it along to you if you would like it Sheila! Just email me your address and I will send it along if you havn't read that one.

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  5:24:55 PM  Show Profile
Jenny: Did you like Coffin Quilt as much as I thought you would?

Sheryl-lyn
Go to Top of Page

janetinva123
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Janet
newport news va
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  5:37:13 PM  Show Profile
I love the Outlander series. I have read them several times. I got sick a few years ago and this caused a brain injury and while I was recoporating the only thing I could read was things I had read before and even that was difficult. I read aloud these books and got my reading and speaking skills back.

I also read all those murder books where the women own their own business, find murdered bodies, solve the crime, and have the best looking man in town. Earlene Fowler is one of the authors in that genre.

Jc
http://beloved-creations.blogspot.com
http://beloved-creations.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  5:42:16 PM  Show Profile
Sheryl-Lyn..oh yes....loved Coffin Quilt!! I passed it along to Katiedid now.
Janet..I LOVE the Earlene Fowler books..I grew up right where they are set (SAn Luis Obispo County CAlif) which is fun. I would like them anyhow, though..haha. I want to get Tumbling Blocks..her last one..the only one I havn't read yet.

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  7:05:52 PM  Show Profile
I am so glad you enjoyed that book. I have not read Earlene Fowler yet. That will be my winter reading!! The list is always growing! As soon as I finish A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (tomorrow probably) I am reading the new Chiaverini book and then the next in the Wedding Ring series.
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4739 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4739 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2007 :  7:50:59 PM  Show Profile
I just finished reading "The Faithful Spy", by Alex Berenson. It is an excellent & very thought provoking book about a under cover FBI agent who infiltrated al-Qaida ten years ago. Hard to put down or stop thinking about.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2007 :  7:56:53 PM  Show Profile
I just got the new Chiaverini book (Elm Creek quilt series "Quilter's homecoming" ) in the mail today..hooray!!! I loved a Tree Grows In Brooklyn too.
If you

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2007 :  8:58:54 PM  Show Profile
Oh, I loved "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn"!!! I just finished a Hillerman and am almost done with one called "THe Short Bus A Journey Beyond Normal" by Jonathan Mooney. Very good, especially for anybody who may have "learning disabled" ADD/ADHD kids.
Sharon

Go to Top of Page

Nicie
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Denise
Lincoln NE
USA
185 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2007 :  1:53:22 PM  Show Profile
I want to read the new Chiaverini and the new Earlene Fowler books. Have to wait until payday and then I might order them off of amazon.

Denise
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2007 :  4:24:58 PM  Show Profile
I loved A Tree Grows in Brooklyn! I have been thinking about it ever since I started it. Like how the two kids feel sorry for their baby sister because she won't have all the fun they had (when they were poor and lived in a tenement!) It was so true how sometimes the best times are the ones that we struggle through. We tend to get closer together and make things fun because otherwise you would want to die. I hope some of my students chose it for their summer reading so that we can talk about it.
Go to Top of Page
  Reading Room: Previous Topic Finished some good ones! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page