Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Jana
Meridian ID
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2005 :  11:32:12 AM  Show Profile
Hello,
I'm new to the Farmgirl connection after just being introduced to Mary Jane and her book. Like many of you, I'm a farmgirl at heart and when I saw a story on our local news about Mary Jane and her book signing here in my hometown I did the most spontaneous thing I've done in a while. I walked away from the stove where I was preparing dinner, left my husband a note , got in my car and headed to the book signing. Since then, (4 days ago) I've devoured her book and have a renewed sense of excitement about my future plans for my own business.
I look forward to chatting with you all soon.
GreenGate Gardener

"To cultivate a garden is to walk with God."
-Christian Nestell Bovee

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2005 :  12:19:07 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Greengategardener - Guess you remembered to turn off the stove, huh? :)
Glad to have you here.
jpbluesky

Heartland girl
Go to Top of Page

connio
True Blue Farmgirl

535 Posts

connie
springtown texas
USA
535 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2005 :  1:22:37 PM  Show Profile
Hey Farmgirls

Welcome Jana

I just loved your story of "racing" to the book signing.... What kind of business are you starting?

Connie

cozycottage
Go to Top of Page

ThymeForEweFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

705 Posts

Robin
An organic farm in the forest in Maine
USA
705 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2005 :  1:42:29 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Jana! And good for you on being so spontaneous. Spontaniety makes life much more fun.

Robin
Thyme For Ewe Farm
www.thymeforewe.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2005 :  2:20:37 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Jana..my kind of gal..knows what is important!!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things!
Go to Top of Page

greengategardener
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

Jana
Meridian ID
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2005 :  6:46:04 PM  Show Profile
My business is called Green Gate Garden & Gifts. I am a floral designer, garden designer, and nurseryman. Right now I also make gift baskets. Some floral, some gourmet food, and themed baskets. Eventually, I would like to be able to earn a living with a little herb farm of my own. I am just waiting to have a piece of land of my own. For now I live in a surburban subdivision on .25 acre with my family, my cat, 2 rabbits and Ophelia and Corneilia.(My Rhode Island Red Chickens that I'm hoping the neighbors haven't noticed.)Oh Yea,I'm also a freelance writer. I just had my first article printed in a gardening publication. Too exciting. Thanks for asking!
Jana
quote:
Originally posted by connio

Hey Farmgirls

Welcome Jana

I just loved your story of "racing" to the book signing.... What kind of business are you starting?

Connie

cozycottage

"To cultivate a garden is to walk with God."
-Christian Nestell Bovee
Go to Top of Page

shepherdess
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Robin
Eatonville Washington
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2005 :  9:43:41 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Jana
This is a wonder ful place to be.

Farm Girl from Western Washington
" From sheep to handspun "
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2005 :  11:36:42 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone,
I finally got got on here.Tried a bunch of times, and with the help of someone at MaryJanes, here I am.
I had a horse and goat,rabbits when I was growing up. Then married a city boy( changed him to a farmboy) and we moved to 10 acres where we now have Llamas,sheep, alpacas,doves,chickens and have had about every kind of farm animal there is over the years.
I spin,make baskets,make soap,crazy quilt,bead dolls, yada yada
Been married 30 years, have 3 kids,7 grandchildren, and 2 corgi dogs that are very interesting.:)
Love being outdoors, and growing flowers and gardening
Shirley in Olympia,Wa where Mt Rainier peaks over the tree tops each morning
Go to Top of Page

QuiltingQueen
True Blue Farmgirl

104 Posts

Jane
La Porte Indiana
USA
104 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2005 :  05:19:05 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Shirley!

I have never been to Washington, but a view of Mt. Rainier peeking or peaking over the treetops each morning sounds wonderful! So does your farm with all the animals and family. Wow! I'm so glad you've decided to join in. Hey, you might also want to check out the Sisterhood of the Travelling Art topic in the Barter section. We are having a lot of fun sending and receiving snail mail. If you'd like to participate, that'd be another fun way you can join in if you want. Have a great day!

Jane
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2005 :  09:15:33 AM  Show Profile
Hi Shirley...welcome! Yay..another spinner and soapmaker..there are several of us here!!
I am glad you found us!!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things!
Go to Top of Page

Eileen
True Blue Farmgirl

1199 Posts

Eileen

USA
1199 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2005 :  12:21:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jana nd Shirley,
A great big welcome to you from another western Washatonian. I live and have my farm and business in Quilcene looking at Walker mountain from my property right on the edge of the olympic rain forest. I have started up a farm girl chapter here I have dubbed "Great Farm Gals of the Olympic Peninsula" which is up for discussion as soon as I have more members.
Jana I love the names you have given to your Rhode Island reds! I have named my two RIRs "Cinnamon and Brown Sugar" but then we also have a blue cochin named Grey Light, 2 barred rocks named Granite and Star Twinkling 2 buff orphingtons named Long Feather and Short Tail and two americaunas named Candie and Cookie, a version of aracana. I was babysitting a little first grade girl when they were just 4 weeks old and she named them for me.
Any way, welcome on board!
Eileen

songbird; singing joy to the earth
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreams
Farmgirl at Heart

2 Posts

Stephanie
South Central (Buckatunna) Mississippi
USA
2 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2005 :  9:41:17 PM  Show Profile
Hey there Jana and Shirley,
I live on 40 acres in Buckatunna, Mississippi..it's on the edge of the DeSoto Forest. (South Central Mississippi). Shirley, I would love to have some Alpacas one day. My dairy goats will probably go into a tail spin at the sight of one though...LOL Sounds like you have a full life and that is wonderful.

Jana, congrats on your article being published...which publication is it in? I would love to read it and say...."I know that lady" :o) Sounds like you have a good start on your business. I know you will have a wonderful Herb Garden Farm on day...Just grow everything you can right where you are today. Today is the most important day of your life :o)

I design and sew One of a kind and limited edition ladies accessories, Purses inspired by the 1940's & 1950's designs, Tunics, Ponchos, Ribbon Flower pins, Dream pillows, etc. I use my vintage fabric collection that has taken over my home :o) I am also starting a business...My label name is "Dream Kingdom", Creations for the Journey.

I have been writing fantasy stories about my goats, cats, dogs for a few years now. That is when "Dream Kingdom" was born :o) I know nothing about the "right way" to write anything. I discovered on BarnesandNobles.com that they offer Free Online classes. I am registered for one that starts August 1st. It is " Writing Sciene Fiction and Fantasy". I excited to be taking this...I know I will learn how to develop what I have started.

Hope to hear from y'all soon!
Blessings, Stephanie
Queen of Dreams at Dream Kingdom

"Farmgirl in the woods of Dream Kingdom... where she is inspired by nature, her dairy goats, sewing with her vintage fabrics and following an imagination that is destined to set her free!"
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2009 :  10:34:55 AM  Show Profile
Stephanie: I love to crazy quilt too, I know some good websites if you are interested.

Bonnie Ellis, Minnesota

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Tapestry
True Blue Farmgirl

1223 Posts

Cheryl
Wisconsin
USA
1223 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2009 :  8:10:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Tapestry a Yahoo! Message
Hi Jana, Shirley and Stephanie and welcome to the MJF forum! So happy you found us and very happy to meet you all.

Happy farmgirl sister #353

Look for rainbows instead of mud puddles

http://www.Tapestry2u.Etsy.com

http://tapestrysimaginings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

4HMom
True Blue Farmgirl

720 Posts

Kelly
Montana
720 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2009 :  8:58:22 PM  Show Profile
Welcome!
Shirley, we have a corgi too! We've always been "big" dog folks, so were a bit aprehensive when my dad gave my DD one for her 13th bday. Now we're hooked on the breed! They're "big" dogs, just with short legs!

Jana, aren't hens wonderful?!!? If your neighbors notice, just "buy" them off with a dozen eggs!

Stephanie...good luck with your writing class.

You gals will love it here!

"Be the change you want to see in the world" -Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

MeadowCrone
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Bernadine
Island Park and Salem ID
USA
220 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  11:38:17 AM  Show Profile
Jana, which types of herbs are you wanting to focus on, in your herb nursery business?

Gratefully living on the "fat of the land".
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1668 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1668 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2009 :  4:41:24 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Jana and Shirly. Great to have you'LL here. You'll love it here. Since I have joined a while back I have to gone on the forum everyday it's an obbession of mine.
Laurie

suburban countrygirl at heart
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2009 :  9:54:21 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to you both!
Jana, good luck on your business venture!
Hey, Shirley, we're neighbors!

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine

http://www.myfeetaredirty.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

1930sgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

233 Posts

Joyce
Alberta
Canada
233 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  4:43:05 PM  Show Profile
Hi and Welcome, Jana(love your name!)

I'm looking forward to getting to know you too.
Joyce
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2009 :  6:49:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jana! It's great to hear how you found out about MJ :) I hope you enjoy it on the forum as much as reading her books.

Chelsey
Farmgirl Sister #283

http://farmgirlpleasures.blogspot.com/

http://aminiatureworld.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic Hey Everyone Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page