Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Support
 Technical Support
 E-mails lost in cyberspace
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Technical Support: Previous Topic E-mails lost in cyberspace Next Topic  

Sarah Blue
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Sierra Mountains California
USA
172 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  07:25:11 AM  Show Profile
Hi there,

As you may have heard by now, many of us are not receiving the e-mails sent to us through the forum. Some seem to come through fine, and others become lost in cyberspace, leaving us wondering what happened? Some messages arrive a full day later but many never arrive at all.

We've been discussing this on one of the swap pages, and I thought it would be better to post something here...

Sarah

"i believe in god, only i spell it nature." - frank lloyd wright
http://www.myspace.com/svgrrrl

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  09:50:50 AM  Show Profile
Hi Sarah. Is this still happening? We did have a problem with this last week because of moving our files to a new and bigger server, but we thought it had been fixed. Have you experienced problems this week (with e-mails that were actually sent this week, not last)? If so, can you e-mail me from the forum (just click on my name, then use that form to send an e-mail) and give me specific details, including your e-mail address and the sender's e-mail address, so that we can troubleshoot.
Thanks!
Carol

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming 'WOO HOO, what a ride!'"
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  10:22:42 AM  Show Profile
I find some in my junk mail which I don't check all the time. Maybe that is where yours are going. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

berries
True Blue Farmgirl

475 Posts

gloria g
Florida
USA
475 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  6:25:55 PM  Show Profile
Carol, I'm posting here too. I haven't received but a few today, early this morning. None after noon or so. I usually get a bunch. Just letting you know.

Again, thanks, gloria g. Richards, TX

strawberry fields forever and ever!

www.strawberryhousequilting.com
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  6:31:41 PM  Show Profile
Wow, how would you know if someone is sending you mail and you don't get it? Unless they send it again or ask why you didn't reply?

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

Sarah Blue
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Sierra Mountains California
USA
172 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  8:34:57 PM  Show Profile
Carol,

I e-mailed you some info. The way I knew it was happening was because people would post that they had e-mailed me, but I wouldn't receive anything, not in my junk mail either. I won Aunt George's apron drawing and sent her my address 3 times before she finally received it, but that was last week. This week Tina Michelle couldn't get a message through to me for anything, but I could get through to her. I finally just sent her my phone number and we talked on the phone. It was pretty cute!

Thanks for the help. Hopefully it was just a bug in the system.

Sarah

"i believe in god, only i spell it nature." - frank lloyd wright
http://www.myspace.com/svgrrrl
Go to Top of Page

Carol

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - May 11 2007 :  09:17:29 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls.
Gloria, please see my post in the other Technical Support topic you posted in.

Sarah Blue, maybe check your profile and make sure your e-mail address is correct there? I think the problem from last week was fixed - everyone seems to be getting their subscriptions now.

Thanks!
Carol

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming 'WOO HOO, what a ride!'"
Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - May 12 2007 :  06:46:59 AM  Show Profile
Carol,
I forwarded you an email rejection notice that I received in my personal email this morning, from a message I sent via the farmgirl connection yesterday afternoon. Hopefully it will provide a clue for troubleshooting.
Clare

Humor is the prelude to faith and Laughter is the beginning of prayer. -- Reinhold Niebuhr

I want to be an "outrageous" old woman who never gets called an old lady. I want to be wiser, resonate love & peace and be earth-colored, till I fade away from pure joy!

http://farmstyle.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Carol

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - May 15 2007 :  12:45:36 PM  Show Profile
Hello again everyone.
Just to clarify for everyone, the "e-mail rejection notice" that Clare speaks of in her post above is because she e-mailed someone from the forum whose e-mail account bounced her message back. This can happen for a variety of reasons: mailbox full, e-mail address not valid, recipient's ISP server down, etc. - none of which are functions of our forum, but rather functions of the recipient's personal e-mail account. We believe that the problems we were experiencing with our forum e-mails last week have been fixed, so none of you should be experiencing problems with subscription notices from our forum or from e-mailing members from our forum.

But Clare brought up an important point in her e-mail to me: since the recipient's e-mail account (again, not our forum, but her personal e-mail account) was experiencing trouble and returned her message to Clare, Clare was able to see the recipient's e-mail address in the bounce back. The message said something like:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.
Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed.
recipient@yahoo.com

The point is that even though there is an e-mail feature on our forum that allows you to send an e-mail to a member without seeing that member's actual e-mail address, be aware that when you use this feature, you are revealing your e-mail address to the recipient, since they will get an e-mail that says "You received the following message from: sender (sender@yahoo.com), and you might also see their address if there's a problem with their account, like in the example above.

If you are concerned with revealing your e-mail address to other members, then you'll need to restrict your interactions with them to posts on the forum and avoid the "e-mail a member" function of the forum.

Thanks all!
Carol

Go to Top of Page
  Technical Support: Previous Topic E-mails lost in cyberspace Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page