Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Made a Farm Girl Watch!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Made a Farm Girl Watch! Next Topic  

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  06:56:44 AM  Show Profile
I made a watch like the one on page 81 in MaryJane's new book "MaryJane's Stiching Room"! I LOVE it! I took a Brighton (yes! Brighton!) watch with a large face on it and cut off the leather straps. Added a darling hankie and there you have it! Can change out the hankie to what ever color I am wearing for the day. Now I know what to do with all the vintage hankie's I have been collecting for years! Thanks for the wonderful idea MaryJane!

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

"Cherish the memories and in our hearts they shall live forever"

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - May 11 2007 :  12:49:40 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
How did I miss this!?! How neat!! I want to see! Maryjane you need to post a picture!! I have not seen the new MJ book... I don't do much needle work... do you think I would still enjoy it? The watch sounds wonderful! (and I love brighton, I have a few of their purses! ) I love watches...watches and shoes two big weaknesses! So neat!
Hugz!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

knewslady
True Blue Farmgirl

555 Posts

Kathy
Russellville KY
USA
555 Posts

Posted - May 11 2007 :  02:46:34 AM  Show Profile
Definitely post a picture because I don't have the book either and would love to see the watch.
Kathy

Will always be a farmgirl at heart
Visit my online shop at http://thebackfence.etsy.com
http://kathy-whimsicaldays.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - May 11 2007 :  10:32:07 AM  Show Profile
Hello Ladies! The book is wonderful and you would love it even if you do not sew Talitha! It just inspires the innner you! Kathy, I am soooooo looking forward to receiving all the potholders from our swap! Yes, and I am sure we will never use these beauties! I do not know how to post pictures yet but will try and work on it tomorrow. The watch is darling with the hankie! Wore it out with some girlfriends yesterday for breakfast and the watch is the first thing they noticed! The breakfast was for 2 friends celebrating their birthdays. I made them each a matching pin-cushion and potholders, oh, of course added yo-yo's to everything! So fun! Have a wonderful day!

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

"Cherish the memories and in our hearts they shall live forever!"
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - May 11 2007 :  2:49:32 PM  Show Profile
Well aren't you the handy one Maryjane lee. I bet your friends loved their gifts.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 11 2007 :  5:36:11 PM  Show Profile
Duh!!! what a great idea.... I haven't quit got the heart (get it?) to dismember a Brighton watch band, but I can see myself running over to Target & buying a fun maybe victorian style watch to use with a vintage hankie. Up till now I have used vintage hankies for potpourrie holders to tuck into shoes & between my cashmere sweaters. Yeah, another fun use & neat gift idea.
You go girl!

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on May 11 2007 5:37:06 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Made a Farm Girl Watch! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page