Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **News from MaryJanesFarm
 Magazine - next issue?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic Magazine - next issue? Next Topic
Page: of 2

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  04:56:21 AM  Show Profile
I remember reading that the next magazine issue was going to be themed "She's a Keeper"....I know the farm is producing wonderful books - but will there be another issue of the magazine this year? I love to look at them over and over.

Psalm 51: 10-13

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  06:09:44 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
it is supposed to come out near september

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my bloghttp://sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com/
my web store http://vintagethreads.com/
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  06:52:36 AM  Show Profile
I love the magazines so much and thankfully have them all. I don't buy all the books but have the best one (to me) her first & I am buying the stitching one. They are just loaded w/ so much info on many great topics.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  08:46:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Is the September issue going to be the only one out this year? I thought I read somewhere there would be a spring issue, although my mind is a little loopy sometime,lol. I have been going to the book store every week since March,to see if we got a new one!! I just love the magazine!

Mommy to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
Help when you can, Pray when you can't.
Go to Top of Page

BackyardTreasures
True Blue Farmgirl

189 Posts

Anne
Connecticut
USA
189 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  09:02:32 AM  Show Profile
I'm with you Amanda. I thought there was going to be a Spring issue and keep checking at the store too.

~~Anne

www.homesteadblogger.com/BackyardTreasures
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  09:21:15 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
there was but I think the book took to much time and September is the next issue now

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my bloghttp://sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com/
my web store http://vintagethreads.com/

Edited by - sunshine on May 10 2007 09:21:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  09:59:28 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls.
Sunshine is right, we intended to produce 2 issues this year, but our new Stitching Room book (just out May 1) and other projects had us swamped and unable to produce a Spring issue. Some of you newer girls might not know that our whole magazine is produced by only three of us (MaryJane chooses a theme, comes up with content ideas, and writes some of the content; she and Erik take photos; and I design and edit it), so that's why you only see one or two issues a year. We've got a lot of great content for the September issue (She's a Keeper), which we're starting to work on now, and we're sure you'll love it! And be sure to take a look at our Pinkeeper Contest (http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/contest/index.html) and send in your entries - the winners will be featured in the September issue.

Thanks for all your support!
Carol

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming 'WOO HOO, what a ride!'"
Go to Top of Page

herbquilter
True Blue Farmgirl

891 Posts

Kristine
Bonney Lake Wa
USA
891 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  11:52:13 AM  Show Profile
Carol,
"She's a keeper" is that the theme? Are you interested in articles, pictures, etc.?

Blessings,
Kristine ~ Mother of Many & Herbalist
www.herbalmomma.com
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - May 14 2007 :  12:17:57 AM  Show Profile
Hi, Kristine! You can post your stories/pictures/articles, etc. here: http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4681 - I just know that the folks at the farm would LOVE to hear from you, as well!

XOXO, Libbie

In honor of Mother's Day, "If it's not one thing, it's your mother...
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  7:00:40 PM  Show Profile
I am hoping that the new issue is still due out this September? I am so excited to see it. Last summer and fall I got all of the past issues (except the premier of course) and I read them out in the backyard while I was on vacation. I read them whenever I needed a little "mind vacation" when I went back to school in September!
Go to Top of Page

mommatracy
True Blue Farmgirl

490 Posts

Tracy
My. Olive NC
USA
490 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2007 :  10:51:06 AM  Show Profile
Please let me know when I can order the next issue. I would love to have it. Ordered the back issues and wow, can't stop looking through them.
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2007 :  11:47:45 AM  Show Profile
I'm on pins and needles just waiting for the next issue. Carol, please give us a heads-up as to when it's going to be released so we can order or check out the bookstores.

Peace and love,
Annie
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2007 :  1:40:51 PM  Show Profile
Yipee, thanks for all the hard work that you 3 do that brings us all such enjoyment.
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9323 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9323 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  7:00:01 PM  Show Profile
Definitely looking forward to that next issue. I ordered all the back issues and have her two books. Great bedtime reading.

"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof and all that dwell therein."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol
Moderator/MaryJane's Design Diva

452 Posts

Carol
Moscow Idaho
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  1:11:15 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls.
It's a good news/bad news answer. Good news first or bad news first?? ... okay, bad news first - no, we're not publishing another issue this year ... BUT ... good news ... we're working on a plan that will allow us to publish FOUR issues next year! This plan will involve taking a few ads for the magazine. But before you gasp, "Oh, no ... ADS!!??" let me remind you that we've published all nine issues of our magazine with expenses completely out of pocket. What that means is that we've paid up to $80,000 out of pocket (completely on our own) JUST for the printing bill alone for one issue. You can see that you'd have to sell a lot of packaged food to even make up for the printing bill, let alone all the time MaryJane and I spend on each issue. So we needed to find a solution. This plan will allow us to have a few content-appropriate ads in the magazine (organic products, fabrics, and the like) that will help pay expenses on each issue. This will also allow us to expand our circulation, so you'll be able to find our magazine easier (more copies in more locations). Our plan is to have an issue on the stands in Feb. Stay tuned!!

We're also working on our next book right now, and it's a great one!! MaryJane's Outpost Guidebook - for Cultivating Your Inner Wild. It will be 240 pages, so quite a bit larger than the Stitching Room, with lots of stories, projects, recipes, and gorgeous photos. It's scheduled for a spring launch, so watch for that too. We'll keep you posted here on the forum.

Carol

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming 'WOO HOO, what a ride!'"
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  3:31:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Can you hear my heavy sigh all the way from Kentucky, Carol? :( But that is a scary amount of money for just ONE issue. And if the new book isn't going to be out in time for Christmas giving, I'll keep my fingers crossed that it will be available by the end of March(my best friend's b-day....she got the Life Book for xmas two years ago). Thanks for keeping us up to date. And thanks for all the hard work!

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  9:25:02 PM  Show Profile
i welcome adds for 'good stuff' ... it will give us places to go to get goodies that we can't find locally!

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

chessie
True Blue Farmgirl

403 Posts

Karen
Vista CA
USA
403 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2007 :  9:46:24 PM  Show Profile
Golly, Assuming i passed the "good stuff" test for inclusion, how much money would it cost for a farmgirl like me to advertise her products and/or website in the next MJF magazine? Cheers, Karen

www.edgehillherbfarm.com "where the name is bigger than the farm, but no one seems to mind"
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  07:51:01 AM  Show Profile
karen .. you probably need to contact carol over at the farm for that info. i can hardly wait for the next issue! xo

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9323 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9323 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  1:54:02 PM  Show Profile
Sorry to hear there won't be an issue in September. But glad to know they are continuing next year. Just think at least there will be ads for things a farmgirl can use. Did I read FABRIC in Carol's post? ;)

"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof and all that dwell therein."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  2:01:24 PM  Show Profile
You can't go wrong with fabric, right Denise???? I feel like any ads that are farmgirl friendly, and keep the magazine going are okay with me!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  2:23:12 PM  Show Profile
I knew it was expensive, but wow. It makes me appreciate the hard work that goes into each issue that much more. I'm glad I buy all three copies that our local Kroger carries. It is the only place around that carries MJF. Go figure!
I will wait, and wait patiently.

Karin

Wherever you go, there you are.

Come visit me at:
www.madrekarin.etsy.com

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  4:38:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
LOL- Oh Karin! You are so funny! What do you do with all 3 copies?

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2007 :  5:52:39 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Carol for the good/bad news. Knowing that there would be "farm girl" friendly ads makes no never mind to me if it helps with the expenses of producing the magazines and have them in more locations. And really, time seems to fly by pretty fast these days, so March isn't that far off. We can hang in there until then.

And great job Carol and all the others in producing such a wonderfully written/photogr. product.

Annie
Go to Top of Page

CutiePatootieFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

75 Posts

Tess
Vancouver WA
USA
75 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2007 :  12:16:16 PM  Show Profile
Cool!! I'm glad to hear you're still continuing the magazine Carol & MaryJane. :) I think it's great you're putting in Farmgirl friendly ads. I hate looking at the MOUNDS of ads in regular magazines for unhealthy foods, expensive smelly perfumes, and outrageously priced clothing lines. I think opening up an avenue for good, wholesome products (like Justin's Nut Butter) from hard working people that can't afford an expensive ad in national magazines is wonderful. It definetly opens up an avenue for those that would like to support the small American businesses.

You guys always work so hard to perfect the magazine. Keep up the good work and I'll be ordering a copy in February.

Hope everyone is well over there! I sure miss the farm. :)

Much love,
Tess
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2007 :  9:27:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Tess! We sure haven't heard much from you lately! I hope the move went well!

I think the ads might turn into a hidden blessing- what a great way to find out about items that we will actually LIKE and USE as opposed to yet another add with a half naked person!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic Magazine - next issue? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page