Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **News from MaryJanesFarm
 Magazine - next issue?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic Magazine - next issue? Next Topic
Page: of 2

EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2007 :  11:49:37 AM  Show Profile
I see no problem with having advertisements in the magazine as long as they relate to the topic of the magazine - many magazines stay afloat this way (Sage Woman for example) and I enjoy reading the advertisements in there every bit as much as the articles. Perhaps there will be a classifieds section that we can post our own farm/homemade goodies for sale. I am sure there are many women out there that do not belong to the forum and would just love to get their hands on some of our goodies! I am just happy that the magazine will continue and be out on a more regular schedule!
Blessed Be,
Kathy of the Enchanted Wood

http://enchantedwoodmusings.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

mommatracy
True Blue Farmgirl

490 Posts

Tracy
My. Olive NC
USA
490 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2007 :  1:29:13 PM  Show Profile
Ditto. I thought the same thing. Maybe several vendors could share a space on a page to make it affordable. I agree with Kathy, classified ads would be great. I bet there will be alot of creative ideas on this subject coming your way.
Go to Top of Page

joyfulmama
True Blue Farmgirl

1175 Posts

Debra
Silver Springs NV
USA
1175 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2007 :  1:50:21 PM  Show Profile
Oh wow.. the new outposts book sounds wonderful! And I agree- ads related to the overall theme of the magazine would be wonderful- I buy mostly offline so I would love the ads.

Blessings, Debra
Psalms 23:1 "The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want."
http://myvintagehome.com
http://debbieknits.net
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2007 :  12:00:12 PM  Show Profile
Okay, I have wiped my tears, pulled myself together from shear disappointment, however, being that I don't have 80,000 dollars laying around to foot the bill, I rejoice at the thought of more magazines!

"...the setting sun is like going into the very presence of God." Elizabeth Von Arnim
Go to Top of Page

EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2007 :  5:20:44 PM  Show Profile
Just thought of this too - Authors who have written books often buy advertising space in magazines - I am sure there are many author's who have books related to farmlife/simple living etc that would be happy to have some page space in MaryJanes magazine.

http://enchantedwoodmusings.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

CutiePatootieFarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

75 Posts

Tess
Vancouver WA
USA
75 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2007 :  3:10:32 PM  Show Profile
Hi Alee!!

Sorry I haven't been able to write much. We don't have a computer with internet yet and I have only a couple of minutes each day at my new work to check EVERYTHING online. :) Maybe it's a good thing...

Anyhow, The move was great and we're still adjusting. Both of us miss the Palouse terribly and we're already counting the days till we come back. :) AND I've met another Farmgirl on the bus I ride each day. We had a fantastic conversation yesterday on the bus about MaryJane and everyone and I just had this burning desire to say hi.

So HELLO! from the true Western side of Washington! :)

Much Farmgirl Love,

Tess

PS - How is your little princess doing? I'm sure she's growing like a weed! :)
Go to Top of Page

Sunny
True Blue Farmgirl

120 Posts

120 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2007 :  5:35:12 PM  Show Profile
Hi Tess!

Good to hear from you, and I also have some news for this topic!

During the week MaryJane will be touring and visiting the farmgirls in KY with Frannie, Katy King will be traveling with her and giving tatting lessons along the way! Katy is a local farmgirl / artist who gained my respect and admiration for being an someone who was as at home in a harness reroofing a barn as she was making delicate tatted creations. For someone like me who can barely knit, both tatting and Katy are amazing! In addition, she has a delightful farmgirl heart for sharing.

The tour is also going to include a farmgirl visit and craft day with Mumof3 in GA, so it's going to be a great time of farmgirls gathering up to create and have fun!

Again, Tess, so good to hear from you! I'll email you!

~Sunny

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic Magazine - next issue? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page