Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Water the Cure to all or most ills?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Water the Cure to all or most ills? Next Topic  

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 09 2007 :  9:14:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I was reading in one of MaryJane's magazines how she let someone read "You're not sick, You're just thirsty" when they started to feel under the weather during a PayDirt weekend.

Here is a link to an interview from someone else who subscribes to the theory. What do you think?

I am not sure how true it is, but I figure it is worth a try!

http://www.newswithviews.com/Ciola/greg1.htm

Alee

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - May 09 2007 :  9:28:33 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I know when I was really sick a few years ag0 (pheunomia) all I could keep down was broth and water with a bit of lemon and honey in it. I drank about 2 gallons a day. Never did my skin look so good and I felt better after about 2 weeks. When I was finally able to eat, I found myself craving thinks like juicy fruits and vegetables and soups. This weekend, I am going to kick my caffeine habit for good. I am going to drink a TON of water, lemon and honey and see how it goes.
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  05:28:06 AM  Show Profile
I think most people don't drink enough water. I know at times I'll start to feel dehydrated & realize I havent had enough water. It's like breathing, you get upset or start doing something & realize your not breathing or not breathing deep enough when that is exactly what you need to be doing. I don't think drinking alot of water will cure a desease but I think it helps because your renewing cells & hydrating.

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  07:18:54 AM  Show Profile
Not to be vulgar...but it is easy to check your hydration daily when you urinate. The lighter the better. Most people live dehydrated and don't even realize it. One great thing to come from selling "bottled water" is that it is helping more people drink more water.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  4:41:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
My friend Eva and I had a running joke to keep ourselves hydrated during our first year in college. Since every cell of our body needs water then it must be hard on our bodies to be dehydrated. We carried that logic through to hypothesize that we would/will live longer lives if we stayed properly hydrated and didn't stress our bodies. So whenever we realized the other wasn't drinking enough water we would jokingly say "Stop killing yourself! Drink more water!" It was kind of goofy but I think there was a bit of truth in it.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

BackyardTreasures
True Blue Farmgirl

189 Posts

Anne
Connecticut
USA
189 Posts

Posted - May 10 2007 :  5:51:19 PM  Show Profile
Alee, what you and Eva were telling each other isn't goofy at all. I think you hit the nail on the head. Most people don't drink enough water. The body responds to this water deficiency in a variety of ways, which we frequently see as illnesses. Water aids in digestion and absorption of food, regulates body temperature and blood circulation, carries nutrients and oxygen to cells, and removes toxins and other wastes. It is vital to our health and well being.

A good book to read is Your Body's Many Cries for Water. It's written by Dr.Fereydoon Batamanghelidj,M.D. Here's the link to his website too: http://www.watercure.com/ Lots of good information there.

~~Anne

www.homesteadblogger.com/BackyardTreasures
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Water the Cure to all or most ills? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page