vintagechica
True Blue Farmgirl

438 Posts

Eren
Poolville TX
USA
438 Posts

Posted - May 05 2007 :  12:15:28 PM  Show Profile
Is there a list of these somewhere? I looked around the regular website and didnt find them. Or are there other recipes that people have used these mixes to make. I just received some from Agnes and am anxious to use them. We're having a bakeover tonight!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
A sure way to avoid housework...live outdoors.

Visit me anytime at my blog:
www.vintagechica.typepad.com

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 05 2007 :  6:17:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I posted some of the biscuit recipes that MaryJane herself created over on the "Farm Products" thread :) It's called No Fuss Biscuits.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - May 05 2007 :  9:20:49 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Erin - do you happen to have a copy of MaryJane's "Farm Kitchen" magazine/cookbook? In it you will find some just wonderful recipes for the Budget Mix -- there's a pound cake in there to give a right arm for!

XOXO, Libbie

"All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar..." - Helen Hayes
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - May 05 2007 :  10:51:27 PM  Show Profile
oh my eren .. ask for all of the mj magazine 'back issues' .. you will find devine recipes in them!

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Vintage Redhead
True Blue Farmgirl

233 Posts

Kaylyn
Saint Charles IL
USA
233 Posts

Posted - May 06 2007 :  11:51:55 AM  Show Profile
Yum * Yum * Yum!!! Are you making a "savory" bakeover or a "sweet" bakeover or one of each? Please let us know what you make and how it goes!

I have pretty much learned that anything you used to use Bisquick for you can use MJs Budget Mix for. It may take a bit of adjusting since there is no shortening in the Budget Mix, but there is baking powder. I'm finding my results are essentially the same, except *healthier* and better tasting (but I don't live in a high-altitude area.)

I made a savory B/O a few weeks ago - potatoes, turnips, spinach, red pepper, green pepper, yellow pepper, 2 minced jalapenos, zucchini, yellow squash, and chicken. A little rice wine vinegar, lite soy sauce, & tabasco. Covered it pie-crust style. Jeepers - it was fantastic! You can put darn near *anything* in...as long as you like the ingredients going in, you'll like the results.

~ Kaylyn ~ (Living in Suburbia with a FARMGIRL Heart!)

My Cause: http://nickspavilion.blogspot.com/
My Life: http://vintageredhead.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic MJF Budget Mix recipes? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page