lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Apr 30 2007 :  09:27:45 AM  Show Profile
I've been wanting one for over a year now(they're so expensive) and just found one at a flea mkt for fifteen bucks! No instructions were included. I think it's fairly simple: I just put the fruits in the colander-like thing on the top and put some water in the bottom and wait for the juice to come out of the tube, right? Anybody have any pointers?

We come from Nature, we go back to Nature; health & happiness in between requires intimacy with Nature.

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - May 03 2007 :  11:56:14 PM  Show Profile
That is SO great!!! I've never used a steam juicer myself, but I have some great memories of being little when my grandma and aunt would juice about a million Concord grapes that way - it looked hot and difficult, but then we'd take a lemonade break, which was SO nice! Be SURE to plan yourself a lemonade (or something else cool) break, too! (that's my helpful hint)

XOXO, Libbie

"All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar..." - Helen Hayes
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - May 04 2007 :  07:22:51 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Libbie. I'll do just that. I got it mainly for juicing elderberries. I juiced them last year without this contraption and boy was it a lot of work! I know I didn't get nearly as much juice as what a steam juicer could get out of them. So I'm really looking forward to getting the most out of it.

We come from Nature, we go back to Nature; health & happiness in between requires intimacy with Nature.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 04 2007 :  2:22:42 PM  Show Profile
I love mine. I bought it just two years ago and it sure helps with making juicing easier!!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Just got a steam juicer! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page