Beckyanne
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Becky
Dove Creek Colorado
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2005 :  07:35:08 AM  Show Profile
My husband came home one day telling me about this great magazine that a friend said I would like. He told me where it was from and that they made back pack food. I got on line and realized that I knew Mary Jane. The web site was down that day so I called and got Mary Jane on the phone and she remembered me as well. I am from Idaho and lived in Moscow for awhile. I was just so happy and homesick in a way. Mostly for farm girl friends and soft country where the wind doesn't blow all the time. We visited the farm this spring when in Idaho for the Ren fair and it is wonderful. We are in the process of buying a place in Cambridge Idaho. It is as far from home in Colorado that I can talk my sweet husband into. It puts me within 2 hours of my best friend and in gentle country again. Lots of water and close to family.

Love and hugs
Becky

Its just not home without a line and a flock.

PJJ
True Blue Farmgirl

95 Posts

Paula
Bristow OK
USA
95 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2005 :  07:43:44 AM  Show Profile  Send PJJ an AOL message
I couldn't stand the wind blowing all the time, either, Becky. The house I just left was like that -- on a prairie/pasture, and always blowing. It was just so unsettling and never felt peaceful. However, my son was back there last night (spending time with his father and the gffh [girlfriend from ...]. When he called, he mentioned how much he loved sitting outside at night and listening to all the sounds. The sounds there are much different from where we are now, where we're closer to a road and traffic (although only 50 miles away in actual distance).

[

Paula J., with Ty, Cara, Brody, Blue, and Fidget
Go to Top of Page

Beckyanne
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Becky
Dove Creek Colorado
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2005 :  07:54:44 AM  Show Profile
Yep, very unsettling. The snow and rain comes down sideways and the windows are never clean. Where I am now I have no close neighbors and there is no noise or lights. Where we are moving there are closer neighbors but no noise or lights and the river is close but just girgles gently. Isn't it the pits to have gffh's in our childrens lives? One can only hope for positive interactions.

Love and hugs
Becky

Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2005 :  09:51:47 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Beckyanne...glad you are getting to be where you want soon! I have had the gffh problems with my grown boys too...ugh! Right now it is calm in that respect and I am thankful.
How neat that you knew MaryJane! What are your likes and do you have animals? Tell us more about you!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things!
Go to Top of Page

Beckyanne
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Becky
Dove Creek Colorado
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2005 :  5:10:57 PM  Show Profile
I love to garden and sew and right now am crocheting aprons. We have a horse, that has been with me since she was 1 year old. She is about 30 now, still in good shape and ready to make the move. We have two Charo sheep and 4 hens and 1 rooster. One dog, a Bishon and a yellow cat that keep gophers out of the garden. Also right now we are putting the finishing touches on the house and I am sorting and packing what I can. We do a farmers market every week and I have 2 restrant accounts that we grow for. John is busy trying to finish up the old building we have in town so that can be sold soon too. A little busier this summer than we like but when you can see the next step you just have to reach for it.

Love and hugs
Becky

Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2005 :  6:40:28 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Becky! Glad you are here! I know what ya mean about the winds, I live in Kansas (which is derived from the native tribe Kansa, people of the south wind) The wind doth blow where I live! Sometimes I hate it, but does help cool me off when doing chores in the summer, and keep the bugs off me too! Your plans sound wonderful! Idaho must be beautiful! Jenny from Kansas

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century. http://www.xs4all.nl/~josvg/cits/sb/sb101.html
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2005 :  8:19:45 PM  Show Profile
Welcome, Becky!!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." --Henry David Thoreau

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic new here from Colorado Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page