therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2005 :  11:43:28 PM  Show Profile
I so wanted to go to Farm Fair this year but finances just wouldn't let it happen what with having to pay a hotel room, etc.

Then I started thinking how neat it would be if I had my own trailer I could just hook it to the car, make a road trip to Farm Fair and camp somewhere. This is a major leap for me because I am NOT a camping person.

Parent's of my daughters had one of the 1950's ones like the Sisters on the Fly have. They just sold it on eBay for $950!! It was so cute and was really what got my mind to whirling. I could see my little trailer with Farmgirl stuff painted on the outside and I could make slipcovers, curtains, pillows, etc for the inside in a farm or western motif!

I'm going to have one. I started looking around and am going to save my money to buy one -- probably a fixer upper because I want to redo it. Wouldn't it be cool to go to Farm Fair 2006 and have a caravan of Farmgirl trailers pulling in?

Kay

Proud Member of North Clark County Farmgirls

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2005 :  12:58:26 PM  Show Profile
Way cool Kay! Did you see the thread where we all went on about this for days? There are some really interesting links in the discussion you might want to check out too! Alot of great ideas! I think it was titled " On the road in an Airstream",or something like it if you do a search.

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2005 :  3:10:20 PM  Show Profile
Hi Bramble -- I did read that thread last night. I found the link for Sister on the Fly -- they're the ones I saw on HGTV and in Country Living.

I am so excited -- hubby and I are going to look at a 1969 Shasta 14 ft trailer tonight!!! Don't know what it's like but a fixer upper is ok. I want to redo the inside anyway.

Kay

Proud Member of North Clark County Farmgirls
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2005 :  9:45:56 PM  Show Profile
Good luck Kay.
My mom's best freind gave us a tent trailer when we were out there on vacation..(Calif) ..in April. I am hoping my mom can deliver it when she comes out to visit here in a couple weeks. It will need fixing up some and I am looking forward to that being my thing until we get a real trailer. Did have one years ago..but it was too big. I want a small one. The kids like to camp in tents anyhow and I think it would be fun to have both. (maybe the girls and I in a trailer and the boys and husband in the tents for sleeping?)
Let us know how the trailer was Kay..it sounds like the perfect size!!!!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things!
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2005 :  10:48:57 PM  Show Profile
Hi All! Went to look at the trailer tonight and it was pretty bad. Almost beyond fixer upper. The guy was firm at $695 and that was too much for the shape it was in. So the hunt will continue.

Jenny -- I wouldn't mind having a tent trailer either. Something small and easy to pull -- easy for me so that I can manage it when I go off with my Farmgirl friends on a road trip!!

Kay

North Clark County Farmgirls
Go to Top of Page

crazymoose
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Caryn
Auburn WA
38 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2005 :  1:12:07 PM  Show Profile
I could keep a lookout for a trailer/or tent trailer for ya. I know a bit or so about them (trailers). I lived in a 27ft fifth-wheel trailer for 4 years. For the most part it was a roof over my head and had a working itty bitty bathroom. I have experienced most every problem associated with trailers-the living in them ones, that someone could have. I didn't have to tow it anywhere.
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2005 :  4:45:42 PM  Show Profile
Hi Caryn -- that would be great!! Thanks so much.

Kay - Living in Beautiful Washington State

North Clark County Farmgirls and
Sisterhood of the Traveling Art
Go to Top of Page

Susie Q
True Blue Farmgirl

122 Posts

Susan
So. California
USA
122 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2005 :  12:41:24 PM  Show Profile
I've been wanting one too ever since I saw an article about Sisters On the Fly in Country Home or Country Living. I love looking at their pohto gallery at their website.

I also fell in love with teardrop trailers too.

When I see these huge modern moving apartments, I think "Why bother?" When I think of teardrops and small vintage trailers I think "mmmm...Cozy."
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2005 :  1:48:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
There is a major company producing a vintage copy of the teardrop trailer again,called the T@b, my Aunt and Uncle just bought one. Go to www.Poulsborv.com and look..they aren't cheap, but sure are cute!Some even have tables and mini kitchens now!
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2005 :  12:38:17 AM  Show Profile
There are alot of recreational vehicles for sale in Olympia, where ever you drive there are ones for sale, probably pretty reasonal .
Everyone trying to sell them.
shirley in oly
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2005 :  06:47:13 AM  Show Profile
still havn't got my tent trailer yet eiteher...I guess it will be spring now..but I wouldn't be using it all winter so I guess that is okay. I would love to have it here for one last campout before snow though!!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2005 :  10:13:11 AM  Show Profile
Jenny -- I still haven't gotten a trailer either. But I'm still dreaming of one. It has to be vintage, about 13 to 14 ft, and will be decorated in all things that would relate to being a Farmgirl. I would love to have it to take to Farm Fair next year but I have to get a job first to pay for it!!

Diane -- I went on the website but couldn't find the trailer your were talking about. However, I think there's a Poulsbo RV in Portland so I'll have to make a visit.

I'm still hot...it just comes in flashes.
Go to Top of Page

Fabulous Farm Femmes
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Diane
Lakebay, Tacoma WA
792 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2005 :  10:33:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Fabulous Farm Femmes an AOL message
Kay, if you go back on Poulsborv.com, when the home page comes up, look down the left side to where it says "Thor Industries" and click on that, then scroll all the way to the bottom of the Thor screen, and there are the T@b trailers... to click on and look at..hope that helps sweetie...Diane
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2005 :  11:43:04 PM  Show Profile
Diane - thanks. I followed your instructions and found the trailers. They are sooooooo cute!! I found one that is white with red trim that I'd love to have. Of course, I'm sure it's expensive because no price was listed! Oh well -- I can dream.

Go to Top of Page

Clare
True Blue Farmgirl

2173 Posts

NC WA State
USA
2173 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2005 :  07:09:40 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for clarifying that Diane! Oh my, I'm smitten!! These are just so cute!! I could just see a caravan of us farmgirls going on down the road! I'm sure the price would take our breath away, but you're right Kay, it is fun to dream!

http://www.poulsborv.com/PRVSearch/SearchNew.aspx?Search=New&type=t@b

May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently through the world and know its beauty all the days of your life. ~~Apache Blessing
]
Go to Top of Page

ByHzGrace
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

348 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2005 :  5:46:09 PM  Show Profile
Look here to build your own and get pricing.You are talking in 10k range.
We inherited an Airstream. We also got a canvas tent that is big enough for cots and table, we use her lots more.

With the price of gas, we aren't planning as many getaways.
How do you get away and run a farm? Do friends or relatives milk and feed?

http://www.tab-rv.com/
http://www.tab-rv.com/builder/index.php#
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2005 :  9:46:32 PM  Show Profile
Ellen -- thanks for the info. Wouldn't you just figure that the one I was is the most expensive! At 10k I won't be getting one of these anytime soon. I'll just stay on the hunt for my vintage trailer and can probably get one to refurbish for around 1K. But that's a long time in the future too.

Go to Top of Page

ByHzGrace
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

348 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2005 :  06:26:23 AM  Show Profile
I like big dreams!You could go fiberglass for less. Didn't figure it would weigh the same as aluminum.

When looking for your vintage don't forget to check the hitch and tongue.We got a classic boat/trailer only to lose it on hill. Kinda ended the trip real early and sinking feeling to watch your vacation plan go off road downembankment and flip over.Smashed the boat.

Our Cruisette is from the 50's,only 15' no bath or frig either.I have seen Airstream newsletters with ones for as little as $700.Check for big maintenance costs like repacking bearings, dryaxles, replaced shocks,brakes,sundried tires? We loss our wheel on our first trip. Here we are driving down a hill in the Smokies and the wheel is passing us!
Go to Top of Page

ByHzGrace
True Blue Farmgirl

348 Posts

348 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2005 :  1:39:13 PM  Show Profile
update:I sent an email to the pouls site lastnight and they just answered the one in the thread earlier you liked is $16,900 and in Kent Wa( sales rep said it is 10mi south of Seattle).Must have some custom interior! Way to far from me.
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2005 :  7:12:53 PM  Show Profile
Well at $16,900 I think I'll buy two -- LOL!! Thanks for the info on buying used. Now I know what to look for.

Go to Top of Page

Mrs Tiggywinkle
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Sara
Spokane WA
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2006 :  7:10:16 PM  Show Profile
I went to the RV show in Spokane a couple wkends ago & ran into this teardrop manufacturer. They are VERY basic, but quite a bit cheaper than the T@bs- which I loved, btw. But check these out (basically just a bed & a couple cupboards, then an outside kitchen.) http://www.bellrv.com/bellliberty.htm (scroll down) I don't remember the exact cost, but quite a bit less exp.

Love, Sara

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
Go to Top of Page
  Outpost: Previous Topic Wanting My Own Trailer Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page