True Blue Farmgirl

965 Posts

Rebekka
Moscow ID
USA
965 Posts

Posted - May 01 2007 :  08:03:19 AM  Show Profile
Hey girls-
Just wanted to let you all know that the seeds you sent last year, and indeed the lilac Anne;) are seedlings ready for my garden!!!! I am going overboard a bit but it feels so good to finally have my first garden space and I am thinking of tearing out more grass this week so I have more room for the good stuff.

I just wanted to thank all the farmgirls who sent me the seeds (again),I think of each of your kindness as I see Karlie's marigolds, Frannie's sunflowers, Hollyhocks, Squash, cosmos, poppy's- and that is not even the vegis! Now if I could just get on down to Sunny's pay dirt classes for a little expert advice;)

I can't wait to post pictures!
Rebekka

Nature does not ask permission. Blossom and birth whenever you feel like it!

Clarissa Pinkola Estes

Edited by - Rebekka Mae on May 01 2007 1:19:52 PM

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - May 01 2007 :  4:41:39 PM  Show Profile
Yeah - can't wait to see pictures. Was wondering how that lilac was doing.

Anne in Portland

"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them" Eyeore from Winnie the Pooh
Go to Top of Page

Rebekka Mae
True Blue Farmgirl

965 Posts

Rebekka
Moscow ID
USA
965 Posts

Posted - May 01 2007 :  7:31:31 PM  Show Profile
She is hanging in there- the move from her cozy pot to the ground was not her idea of a good time (I guess since she isn't budding or bloomin for me yet)...I pruned her back a bit and the stem was still green so maybe once she rests she will be in good shape!
Hope your garden is well this year with all the weird weather. I was down to raid my aunt's garden last month and everything was gorgeous already....came home with some Ft Bragg Wild orchid, Wild Iris, ground-cover, Shasta daisy's and some unidentified spiky flowers...
Take Care, Rebekka

Nature does not ask permission. Blossom and birth whenever you feel like it!

Clarissa Pinkola Estes
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - May 02 2007 :  06:46:59 AM  Show Profile
Garden is growing fast - we have cool rainy weather (right now),then it gets warm and dry, and then rainy again. Which is good for the plants to grow, but also for the weeds. Plus it seems to rain on the weekends (the only time I have to work in the yard)so the lawn doesn't always get mowed or I can only get out for a little while to weed. My roses are loving this weather though and I should have some beautiful flowers in about a month. I will have to take photos.

Probably next year the lilac will bloom, it will take "her" a year or so to get established, but they are hardy so don't worry.

Anne in Portland

"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them" Eyeore from Winnie the Pooh
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic FARMGIRL GARDEN IN PLACE!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page