Page: of 2

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - May 01 2007 :  4:24:08 PM  Show Profile
Holly, I just read your note to Ricki and it just hit home. Thank-you for sharing. I'm thinking that I may need to do some re-thinking' myself!
God Bless.
Angie.

"Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance" JUDE 1:2
Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - May 01 2007 :  4:25:48 PM  Show Profile
Ricki, sounds like you have some great friends here! Hope your day was not too crazy!
Angie.

"Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance" JUDE 1:2
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 02 2007 :  09:39:46 AM  Show Profile
Ricki,
How are you feeling today Sweetie?

I've thought about you all week end long....

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

simpler1773
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Ricki
Ashland Wisconsin
USA
234 Posts

Posted - May 02 2007 :  11:29:03 AM  Show Profile  Send simpler1773 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Kathie ~ You're all so kind. Im ok, I am trying to keep my mantra: just enjoy the passing of time, and one day at a time. Yesterday I spent the afternoon with a girl friend and that was nice...I tried really hard not to feel guilty and was successful for the most part! In an hour and a half I need to go meet with my 14 yr olds teachers so they can try to convince me *not* to homeschool next year...yup, one day at a time :)

~Ricki~
You can't pour anything out of an empty vessel, take care of yourself!
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 02 2007 :  1:54:01 PM  Show Profile
Hope your Metting went well..
I know how they can try to wear you down..

I am really so happy that you spent the day out on your own with a friend!! No guilt there Sweetie Pie!
i think as girls growing up we are trained that we just aren't allowed any time to ourselves. or anything that is just for us..
but now as an Adult.. with Adult Children of my own i know that one of the best things i could have done for them when they were little was to give us all some space now & then.. They needed.. & & I REALLY needed it sometimes!! Gave us all a fresh look at things.. & we appreciated our time together.. & each other a bit more..
I do think keeping the Coffee shop Job is important.. As you need some time on your own.. away from the house.. & gives you that adult perspective & conversation that you need.. The Kids & Husband are great..
I love all of mine too..but the conversations away from home are needed..
Plus like you said..the extra cash is always good..& the fact that your helping a frined in need.. may be doing alot to help you emotionaly too..

There is nothing in the world wrong with taking care of yourself..
We feel guilty doing that too.. & you know.. we need to be a little more selfish.. Do things just for you.. somethings that don't matter to anyone else but you.. something that is just yours..
These things that we do.. can be so healing to us..
It will give you the biggest sence of well being....
& you'll find that the things that you start doing again are the things you always used to enjoy.. they are the things you loved.. & they won't seem like a burdon.. or a chore.. or a deadline if you enjoy what your doing..
You'll get yourself back into that craft room again.. with a whole new outlook.. there will be things that you want to do.. & that you WILL be able to do..
But not until you've given yourself some down time..
Right now your just over burdened with things that you feel as if you HAVE to do.. that the thought of doing something more.. Just seems over whelming..
i know you've read all of our thoughts & prayers & well wishes..
But you have to know that not just that your not alone in how we feel for you.. But do you hear it? Do you hear how many of us have all gone through the same exact thing? So many of us Sweetie..
Your not alone.. i think we can all take turns with icky bouts of depression.. Thoughts of i'll never get through this.. & that this is just too much..
But you know what Ricki.. You will honey..
Either on your own.. or talking it out with us or other friends.. or through your Dr.. but you will.. It'll pass..

It's just really cruddy when your going through one of these spells..
i know.. i'm there plenty too..
I lable mine as "never ending overwhelming impending doom"..
pretty huh?
& for NO reason!! i can never find any one thing that is bothering me really!!! I am just in such a low.. that i feel so overwhelmed.. & there can be absolutly NOTHING going on around me.. i find nothing to point out that is bad or wrong or not right.. It's just there!!!
& Then the wind changes..& the cloud lifts.. & the sun comes out again.. & I'm back to my old smart Aleck Self again!

So i really do know how you feel.. We all do..
& i want to tell you that we love you.. & are thinking about you..
& are just waiting for you to feel like the Old Ricki again.. okay?

Always here for you..
Kathie

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - May 02 2007 :  8:31:51 PM  Show Profile
Ricki, I sent you a couple of private messages. I think they go to your email. Hope you got them!
Rhonda

I'm a one girl revolution.
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - May 02 2007 :  10:01:01 PM  Show Profile
sweeetie pie .. i'm jus' sending you a great big warm hug! xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

simpler1773
True Blue Farmgirl

234 Posts

Ricki
Ashland Wisconsin
USA
234 Posts

Posted - May 03 2007 :  08:54:32 AM  Show Profile  Send simpler1773 a Yahoo! Message
Oh no! I didn't get any e-mails ~ in fact I haven't been getting the notifications for subcribing to this thread either. I even checked my junk mail, and nothing. Dang! Maybe just try sending it directly to my e-mail which is oldquiltlover at hotmail dot com.

The meeting at school went well. I have to say I went in with a rather ho-hum attitude thinking I already had my mind made up, but I left feeling like they really cared. We've got some new stratagies for my daughter and we'll see how the rest of the year goes before I make the decision to homeschool or not.

My little one is in daycare today so I am catching up on the cleaning which is just too hard to get done with her "help", but I'm going to take a break for lunch with hubby at the local deli.

I feel better. And it has just helped SO MUCH to have the support of all you great farmgirls. I'm amazed...really.
I wish I could give ya'll great big hugs. I hope it's beautiful wherever you are today!

~Ricki~
You can't pour anything out of an empty vessel, take care of yourself!
Go to Top of Page

Bluewrenn
True Blue Farmgirl

1122 Posts

Erin
Texas
USA
1122 Posts

Posted - May 03 2007 :  09:44:16 AM  Show Profile
Ricki - you sound like my sister (who's raising four boys, one with special needs; working part-time, taking care of at least one (and probably more than just one) elderly neighbor, involved with four boys' activities (boy scouts, swimming lessons, karate, choir, soccer, afterschool activities, counselors and doctors' appointments, etc.) AND working at her church as well...

My recommendations to her (and to you) are... don't be afraid to ask for help.

Her boys all need rides to activities, usually all at the same time, and she kills herself trying to get everyone where they need to be on time, and to get back to pick them up, while also doing errands in between, meeting with teachers etc... Ask some of the group leaders if some of the other parents wouldn't mind dropping off one of the boys. Usually you can negotiate a barter - perhaps in return for some child care later on if the parents want to get away for a weekend or something.

Hire a college kid or even a teen neighbor (or someone from church) to come in and help out at the house for a couple of hours a week. Have them watch the baby while you take some time off. You don't even have to leave the house if you don't want to - just shut the door and take a long bath... She spends hours trying to help her boys do their homework, and if she could get some help with those daily struggles, it might leave some energy left in the evenings for doing something to relax. As it is now, she's too tired after struggling with the boys (who hate doing their homework) to do much.

Another idea that might work to help you regain some creativity is to try doing a project together with your 14 year old... maybe make some dolls together or something for her bedroom... My sister actually got one of her boys (the 9 year old) hooked on quilting that way. He made a small quilt for his cat, while she made a larger one for his bed. They had a great time working together on it and it allowed her to be creative again.

My Homesteading Journal http://toomyvara.livejournal.com

My craft journal http://bluewrenn.livejournal.com

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 03 2007 :  12:39:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Ricki-

I am so glad to hear that things are starting to turn the corner a little bit for you. There is something my friends and I call "zen hugs". We say this when we are on the phone with each other or over the internet. Since we can't be there in person to give each other a hug- we are "zenning" one to the other person. So just imagine all of us farmgirls "zenning" you a hug!

Alee
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Tired and torn Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page