Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 Inspirational movie for all parents!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Inspirational movie for all parents! Next Topic  

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2007 :  10:46:18 PM  Show Profile
Hi all,
I haven't been around much lately, but when I say this on the Waldorf site, I just had to post it here. Particularly for those (like me!) who are considering the homeschooling option, this really reinforced for me that school is not necessarily the best place for our precious charges.

http://www.raisingsmallsouls.com/
Just click on the purple box that says Animal School (the music can get a bit grating after a while, so you may may want to turn the sound down a bit!)

I'd love to hear what you think - and which child yours is! I think my oldest is the kangaroo (told to alter the way she does things to 'match' everyone else) and my second is heading towards a duck (except she is exceptional in English and not so good at math - math is not a very 'inspirational' subject and definitely does not engage her imagination!)
Best wishes,
Jayne

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2007 :  11:21:14 AM  Show Profile
I'm interested in watching this one - I'll check it out later tonight. Thanks, Jayne, for the link!

XOXO, Libbie

"All through the long winter, I dream of my garden. On the first day of spring, I dig my fingers deep into the soft earth. I can feel its energy, and my spirits soar..." - Helen Hayes
Go to Top of Page

threebusybees
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Mandi
Myrtle Beach South Carolina
222 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2007 :  5:43:00 PM  Show Profile
Jayne- I love that my mom( who's an educator) showed it to me awhile back and i receive stuff from raisingsmallsouls. It's tough for me school wasn't all that kind to nonconformists! Remember don't let yours be kangaroos! I think my son is a polar bear(my brother was)! I think my 4 yr old is a bee, Emma she's only 15 months so we shall see.

Hugs, Mandi

Have you gotten your books yet?

" Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler " -Henry David Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2007 :  9:25:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for the link, Jayne! It is an interesting video. I like how they illustrated the different personality types.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2007 :  5:29:59 PM  Show Profile
Just as a side note. I am so glad you are considering homeschooling. My husband and I were both homeschooled. As we look back, we are both thankful for the situations, both morally and socially, that homeschooling allowed us to avoid. Who better to teach your child right from and to protect their purity that you?!

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine; O What a foretaste of Glory DIVINE!
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Inspirational movie for all parents! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page