Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Problems Next Topic  

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4764 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4764 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2024 :  8:12:35 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
First - FYI - I will be out of the country starting next week for a few weeks. I will not have good Internet access so my response may not consistently.

Now the problems:
Some MJF emails keep going into my SPAM email folder. I do my best to say they aren't spam and delete them, but today my computer acted up and deleted a lot of spam emails, and I am sure some of them were not spam.

If you do not hear from me, please let me know and I will try to fix the problem.

Also, in my Facebook account several people have gotten new friend requests from me. Please do not accept any friend requests from me unless I let you know beforehand. Why do so many people have so much time to prey on other people's accounts?

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017

Edited by - quiltee on Oct 14 2024 8:15:43 PM

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1314 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1314 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2024 :  9:24:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used to have a lot of MJF mail go to the spam file. I finally went to the rules section in the mail settings and put the MJF email addresses in it to go to the inbox. That helped quite a bit but now and then some will still go to the spam file. I've gotten where I always check it before I delete them. I had my computed act up twice and erase all my emails, even ones I wanted to save. Computers are frustrating to say the least.
I always have total strangers wanting to friend me on Facebook. I have no idea why -- I'm really not that interesting and seldom have anything to post there.
Enjoy your trip. Remember to vote before you go.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4764 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4764 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2024 :  09:00:44 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have always checked before deleting Spam, too. Yesterday, however, when I clicked on the Spam folder, it didn't open and I clicked on the folder again and it deleted everything.

Why is it the ones that I delete almost everyday that ARE Spam seem to come back again day after day, and the ones accidentally deleted disappear completely. GRRR!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6104 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6104 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2024 :  09:14:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Linda for the update!
Look in youdeleted file.

It is annoying!
Be careful out there! Have an awesome time and trip!
Hugs and love everyone!

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4764 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4764 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2024 :  10:24:42 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I already looked in the deleted file, Darlene. The Spam emails are immediately deleted and do not go to the deleted file.

It looks like I have received 2 Henhouse emails so far today, so it was probably an email or 2 from the Farmgirl section of Chat that were deleted. I often delete many these from my inbox, except for Swaps and the Stitching and Crafting room and a few others, so I may have to try redirecting them to my email address and see if that corrects the problem.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6104 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6104 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2024 :  11:23:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my deleted files go into a file for me to delete later.

Take care
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4764 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4764 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2024 :  12:31:50 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, in my regular Yahoo deleted emails do go into a Trash folder, but those in the Spam folder are immediately deleted and it says you can't get them back.

I MAY have fixed the problem. I did get Henhouse emails this morning and afternoon, so there wasn't a Henhouse in the Spam folder. For the regular MJF emails, Iwent into the main ChatRoom and Unsubscribed from 2 of the folder topics I was subscribed to. Then I Subscribed to them. I have started getting the main chartroom Farmgirl emails again. YAY!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6104 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6104 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2024 :  12:34:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well that’s probably good!
Well take care!

Hi
Hugs
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic Problems Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page