Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Wildflower Farmgirls
 Project Discussions
 Just checking on everyone
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Just checking on everyone Next Topic  

LauraBell
True Blue Farmgirl

286 Posts

Laura
Kingsville TX
USA
286 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2024 :  08:19:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We've been a quiet bunch lately - hoping that all the Wildflowers have just been up to some last minute summer fun but thought I'd send a little check-in to be sure.

My son has bounced back from his wisdom teeth adventure and we are getting ready to send him back for his fall semester this week. My sister signed me up for a sourdough workshop as an early birthday present and I had such a great time. Getting ready to head up to Arkansas for some quality daughter/granddaughter time - can't wait.

Hope you all are doing well out there!

Laura

Happy to be Farmgirl #7286

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9502 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9502 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2024 :  08:24:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes I think everyone has been busy with summertime things. I've started my fall cleaning early. Cleaning and getting rid of cluttery things. Things seem to grow and accumulate quickly.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2698 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2698 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2024 :  08:27:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been wondering the same thing, Laura!
I remember when my 2 kids got their wisdom teeth out...they were so funny coming out of their anesthesia :)
I'm glad that you enjoyed your sourdough class! I got mine out of the fridge last night and decided I needed to start over with a new batch. It looked a little questionable. My daughter has been baking bread this week so I can get some from her.
I went to the Mennonite farm stand yesterday and they had the BIGGEST peaches that I have ever seen! I decided we needed a peach pie! I made one when I got home and am looking forward to having it to having some today. I might have to go back and get more peaches, they are really good!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4076 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4076 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2024 :  11:05:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to jump on real quick and just briefly tell you why I have not been around much.
A few of you already know this and not to go into much detail but I have been struggling with some medical issues the past couple of months and not feeling well or like my self. After lots of medical tests and some answers finally, I believe my doctors are helping me to feel better and to deal with the medical issues. So please bear with me Wildflowers, all will be well and thankfully nothing is life threatening. Getting old is not easy!
So with that being said we are still leaving Friday to go up the coast to celebrate our Anniversary then on towards the mountains for our Farmgirl meet and greet. I am so looking forward to meeting the girls. It will be fun.
Thank you Wildflowers for your support and concern.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Farmgirl if the Month for:
September 2012, February 2018 and September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains and the Ocean.” Lord Bryon
When I am old I am wearing Purple. I am Old!!

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Aug 20 2024 3:30:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

257 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
257 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2024 :  6:53:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayers Debbie! Happy Anniversary and yall be safe but have fun!!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

Wanda Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

792 Posts

Wanda
Murrells Inlet SC
USA
792 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2024 :  03:16:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My love and prayers go with you Debbie on your healing journey . So glad that you feel well enough to take your Anniversary trip. I know how much you have been looking forward to it. ENJOY!!!

A day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel.

Wanda Sue
Farm Girl #3677
Farmgirl of the Month-August 2022
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2024 :  06:36:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Enjoy your trip Debbie, sorry to hear you haven’t been feeling well. I agree getting older stinks sometimes. I have been keeping busy with the garden, yard work and all the things summer brings. We just started wheat harvest so a week or so with that and then a nice break until soybeans and corn are ready. The grands are all back to school so soon we will be running to their events, which we love. Enjoy the sourdough class, I need to get a starter going again, although we don’t eat much bread anymore so I end up with a freezer full that I have to eventually deal with.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

1335 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
1335 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2024 :  6:27:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure busy is the right word LOL! It seems like the to do list just keeps growing. The garden was very slow getting started and I wasn't sure the tomatoes would even make it but they're making up for it now! Besides canning, we've had 4 new calves this month, I've been bottle feeding a kitten, the skid loader broke last week, the baler broke yesterday, my sister and her family came for a visit, my parents then came for a visit...always something! But, I wouldn't trade my life for anything :) Hopefully I'll have more time to be on here soon.

~Heather
“I would rather be on my farm than be emperor of the world.” — George Washington
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic Just checking on everyone Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page