Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Book Giving and Swap Next Topic  

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4016 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4016 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2024 :  5:21:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I can not for the life of me find our original Book Swap Thread so let’s start a new one.
You can swap books, give them away and/ or offer postage, and we can share books that we thought were great books and why. Then may a Wildflower would wan to read the book.
Joyce our New Wildflower and enjoys historical fiction as a few of us look do.

I just finished a series of 4 books called The Trees of Life, and amazing series they kept me on the age of my seat. They are Past and Present books which I love.
If any one wants to read them let me know. I will give you info on the first book.

Olivia Newport's novels twist through time to find where faith and passions meet. Her husband and twentysomething children provide welcome distraction from the people stomping through her head on their way into her books. She chases joy in stunning Colorado at the foot of Pikes Peak.
A Father-Daughter Genealogy team link Present to Past Family through many generations!

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Farmgirl if the Month for:
September 2012, February 2018 and September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains and the Ocean.” Lord Bryon
When I am old I am wearing Purple. I am Old!!

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Jan 15 2024 5:27:02 PM

LauraBell
True Blue Farmgirl

279 Posts

Laura
Kingsville TX
USA
279 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2024 :  06:42:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the book recommendations - those sound great.

I was thinking that I'd get started on the Bibliophile merit badge as one of my first challenge badges. i wonder if we could turn this thread into something that will help us accomplish this badge together.

My dad has a sweet independent bookstore in his town. I have been ordering Christmas gifts from her and I splurged the other day and bought a few books for myself. I was going to create a TBR pile for the first level of the badge today! I actually bought a couple of the books thinking they would be fun to share with you all.

Let me know what you think!

Laura

Happy to be Farmgirl #7286
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4016 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4016 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2024 :  09:55:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Laura, have you seen our Merit Badge thread and Challenge Heather started? We could do the Bibliophile there too if you wish. Let us know.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Farmgirl if the Month for:
September 2012, February 2018 and September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains and the Ocean.” Lord Bryon
When I am old I am wearing Purple. I am Old!!

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

1315 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
1315 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2024 :  6:52:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Surprisingly, I haven't gotten back into reading yet! (I can hardly believe it myself LOL!) I had to force myself not to start another book so I could get Christmas gift finished. Once I do get back into it (which I believe will be very soon) I'll post some books here too. I love to read pretty much anything I can get my hands on :)

~Heather
“I would rather be on my farm than be emperor of the world.” — George Washington
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
895 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2024 :  03:42:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love reading :) Thanks for starting this thread!! My problem is that I also love to keep my books - rarely do I give one a way. In all fairness, we do homeschool our children, so I like to say "I'm building my library for the kids" :D

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

April 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic Book Giving and Swap Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page