Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 July -Post your favorite Vintage Item or Memory!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic July -Post your favorite Vintage Item or Memory! Next Topic  

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2023 :  6:33:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love vintage! I have since I was about 10 years old. I grew up next door to a family who collected antiques of all sorts! At an early age I was looking at the bottom of ceramic things to see where they were made. Fell in love with all things old!
I Love vintage greeting cards, advertising, letters etc. They are like little history lessons to me. This American Flag Christmas card is rare and from the later 1940's. No doubt to celebrate the war being over! I've never seen another one like it!

Mixed in with Vintage items on my Wall memo rack is all Farmgirl Art! There is a vintage package of Buttons made into a card by Darlene, cards from, Denise, Sherry, Winnie 's Hearts, Marlyn Godfrey, linda's mini apron and many, many more!

Connie #3392
Imagine....

Edited by - Killarney on Jul 01 2023 8:18:14 PM

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6056 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6056 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2023 :  7:13:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I was lucky to find both these in rummage sales, one is cross stitching and the flag is a water color picture.

They are up all year!
Hugs
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2023 :  8:11:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene, I love those! Treasures for certain!!
Connie# 3392
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6056 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6056 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2023 :  8:30:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Connie!

Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4708 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4708 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2023 :  8:48:56 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I like all my vintage sewing machines, but am happy I found my Wlcox and Gibbs treadle sewing machine at an estate sale several years ago. This machine was made in the late 1800s and is a chain stitch sewing machine.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9434 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9434 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2023 :  9:44:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful collection Connie!

Darlene,
I always rescue cross stitch at the thrift or tag sales. I know how much work goes into them. Yours is so sweet.

Linda,
You're treadle is wonderful. I do miss my treadle machine but
LI have a lot of antiques. I would have to say my mom's sewing machine is my favorite. I don't have a picture but will try to vet one.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jul 01 2023 9:46:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6056 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6056 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2023 :  12:22:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh yes I was really pleased when I found that one! It’s been up on my wall for years.
I have done several cross stitch and others so really appreciate the work that goes into them,
Thank you Denise
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3503 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3503 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2023 :  05:20:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie, this is a great idea for the HenHouse! I love your baker’s rack with all the Farmgirl collections. My little everyday tree and the bunting in my LogCabin window displays my Farmgirl art . I love looking at all the things from over the years. I am with you, I love, love old vintage anything! I didn’t get my start until I was in my early 30s and a friend gave me a copy of Country Living. It started a passion that has grown and grown! You and many other Farmgirls have taught me so much about antiques by sharing their finds and treasures!! It is endless enjoyment to get to take a peek back in time and see how our previous family generations lived and worked. I simply cannot get enough of seeing and learning from anyone who loves vintage too!!

Darlene and Linda, thanks for sharing your special finds!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2023 :  09:51:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda!! Oh my goodness, what a treasure! Thanks for sharing! I have never and probably would never have seen a machine like this! Just wow!

Winnie I agree 100 percent!
Thank you, Denise, I Tresure all my Farmgirl art. every year when I use them at holidays, I think of each one as I read the back of the ATC cards and greeting cards.

Connie #3392
Imagine....
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4708 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4708 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2023 :  11:37:58 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, 100% Winnie! I love the vintage. A trip through an antique store always means lots of "Mom had one of these", "my grandmother had this", and "I wish Mom hadn't gotten rid of this." LOL!

Our house growing up had a few antiques - mostly from my mother's side of the family. I grew up sewing Barbie doll clothes (very simple ones) on my mother's Featherweight sewing machine that she had gotten when she was in college. NOTE: It is not one of the 3 featheweight machines I now have, but I do still have and use my mother's Featherweight table.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3503 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3503 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2023 :  12:08:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, what lovely memories of your family home and your use of your Mom's Featherweight machine!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic July -Post your favorite Vintage Item or Memory! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page