Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Denise Thompson - April Member Spotlight
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Denise Thompson - April Member Spotlight Next Topic  

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1033 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1033 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2023 :  1:44:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Getting to know Denise Thompson, our Head Hencho! Enjoy girls!

1. Who is/was the biggest influence in your life? Were you a child or adult when this person impacted your life? I would have to say there were two. My mother and my aunt. My aunt was actually more like my grandmother. They both taught me many things. I was a child when my aunt had the biggest impact and an adult when my mother did. They were both full of wisdom. They taught to be kind, to have a listening ear and both of them had an impact on my spiritual life.

2. What is your favorite season? Why? Fall is my favorite. I love the cooler weather and all the coziness of preparing my home for winter. I love the colors of Fall and all the scents. There is something about preparing for the winter months that fall brings to me.

3. What is your dream vacation destination? Who would you take with you? I would love to go to Ireland! Our families roots are there and I would take my husband.

4. Given the chance, what would you tell your younger self? I would tell myself not to get hung up on what others think. Also, to enjoy life more within the boundaries set for me.

5. Share three things you love about your life. I love spending time with my husband, my best friend. I love the experiences we have shared together and all of the places we’ve have the opportunity to see. I love that I can invest in the lives of my grandchildren.

6. What is your favorite part of being in the MJF sisterhood? My favorite part is all of the women I have come to know over the past 16 years. The friendships I have made and the wisdom I have gleaned from them.

7. How did you come to live in the area you are in? My oldest and her family decided to move to another state and since we had family in Ohio we decided it was time to come here and be with them. The children are still small here and though we still have our son there we felt this was the best move for us at the time. We do miss the older ones but do keep in close touch.

8. How far from home have you traveled? I have traveled from my home in NY to Hawaii, so around 6,000 miles from home.

9. What is your favorite things to grow in a garden? Fruits, Veggies, Flowers? I prefer to grow veggies, all kinds. I don’t have a favorite to grow. I love them all.

10.What Merit Badges are you currently working on? What has been your favorite badge earned to date? I am currently working on the badge for UFOs. I have lots of them. My favorite I have earned is my knitting badge. I taught myself to knit so it has been a big accomplishment for me.

Karen :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1033 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1033 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2023 :  1:45:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope you all enjoy getting to know Denise a bit better! :) I think I will be adding this info to my MJF henhouse notebook. :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4731 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4731 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2023 :  2:13:41 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nice to hear more about you, Denise.

Thank you for the spotlighting, Karen.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

AndreaPA
True Blue Farmgirl

79 Posts

Andrea
Factoryville PA
USA
79 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2023 :  4:41:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for sharing Denise!!

Andrea
Farmgirl# 8166
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6067 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6067 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2023 :  5:27:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Denise, good to know more about you!

Hugs!
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

JennRap
True Blue Farmgirl

63 Posts

Jennifer
Sonora CA
USA
63 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2023 :  6:10:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awwww...I love this addition to our Henhouse! It's great to get to know a bit more. Thank you Karen for putting that together.

Jennifer Rapoza
California - Idaho bound in 2023! <3
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3514 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3514 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2023 :  4:22:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I loved the new bits about Denise that I didn't know! Thank-you Denise for sharing!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2023 :  08:06:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is really nice to hear about our mother hen. Covid did a number on a lot of our personal relationships.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

AussieChick
True Blue Farmgirl

53 Posts

Cindy
Bend Oregon
USA
53 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2023 :  11:01:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This "Getting to Know You" topic is a great idea, Karen. Thanks for putting it together!!
Denise, thanks for being the first to share a little more about yourself with us. I hope you get the chance to go to Ireland!

Farmgirl #6058
Farmgirl Sister of the Year 2021

"The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have".
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1268 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1268 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2023 :  1:44:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Denise, for sharing. Always nice to learn a little more about you.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

HunnysHen
True Blue Farmgirl

173 Posts

Jami
Texas
USA
173 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2023 :  3:37:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Luv this Denise !

w/ TEXAS SIZE Farmgirl HUGS !
Farmgirl Sister :
HunnysHen # 5876
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2023 :  06:08:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Denise! Always a pleasure to learn about another fellow farmgirl.

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9485 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9485 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2023 :  07:12:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are all welcome. I didn't mind going first. If there is anything else you'd like to know feel free to ask. It is how we get to know one another!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1033 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1033 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2023 :  7:03:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree, Denise!!

Ask Denise your questions…we will be picking a new member to spotlight very soon! :)

Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic Denise Thompson - April Member Spotlight Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page