Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 July 2022~ Sweet Summertime
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic July 2022~ Sweet Summertime Next Topic
Page: of 4

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6069 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6069 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2022 :  06:43:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very cute! Have a wonderful day everyone
Linda, safe travels
Love you all!
Blessings
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4738 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4738 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2022 :  1:07:52 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well, the best laid plans ... as they say. We went to dinner last night with our co-inlaws before heading out this morning for Albuquerque to check on my brother. The FIL in question (not Ed) had a headache, but other than that was fine, and he has been experiencing headaches for several years, so we thought nothing of it. Well, about 9 PM he had a 101.5 fever and a headache and his wife used one of the COVID tests, and it was negative. She called us and Ed said to take another test in the morning. His wife gave him 1000 mg of Tylenol around 11 and around 2:30 AM his fever broke. We left around 7. I texted when we were about 60 miles out. She texted back when we were 70 miles out - the test showed positive before the time to wait was even up.

Soooooooo - we can not see my brother in the hospital; we have to quarantine for at least 5 days and then get a negativePCR test. Hopefully it will be negative and we can schedule to go to Albuquerque again.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1263 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1263 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2022 :  1:38:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When it rains it pours. Keeping fingers crossed that you stay healthy, FIL has an uneventful recovery, and your brother gets better.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2022 :  06:02:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

Doing a bit of catch-up. First, I want to apologize for not acknowledging some farmgirl mail. I had a horrible accident in Montreal back in early June that totaled my car. I was without wheels until recently. I was not able to go to my PO box. It's been a challenging couple months, but things have settled and I'm back on track; starting to feel myself again.

Presently planning a vacation the week before school starts. I soooo have a need to get away ... will be going to Prince Edward Island and onward to Cape Breton Nova Scotia to be by the sea ... immersed in mother nature. I think it's the perfect place to process all that has happened in the last couple of months.

Aside from that, not much has been happening except lots of quietness, peacefulness and gratitude. Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Jul 21 2022 06:04:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9502 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9502 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2022 :  07:54:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Carole, I'm so sorry you had an accident. Sad that it totaled your car. I hope there were no serious injuries if any.
I've always wanted to go to PE Island. I'm sure it is beautiful. Nature always seems to calm and center us.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4738 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4738 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2022 :  10:50:56 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
So sorry to hear of your accident, Carole. Like Denise, I hope you did not have serious injuries, and are now back in a new car.

We really want to plan a vacation on Prince Edward Island. We love the Anne of Green Gables movies and want to visit the beautiful countryside in which they took place. Can you suggest any places to stay?

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3519 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3519 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2022 :  10:58:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, sorry to hear about your accident but glad you are feeling much better now! Your upcoming vacation plans sound wonderful you you enjoy the trips!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6069 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6069 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2022 :  2:23:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh man Carole I am so glad you are doing better!
Take pictures when you go on your trip.
I would love to see what it looks like there.
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9502 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9502 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2022 :  05:42:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sitting with the grands today. One in particular can never seem to find something to do. Here again tomorrow and Friday. They only have 3 weeks until school starts. They seem to be looking forward to it. We have a pool day and picnic we will be doing before then. They have had a busy summer for sure. They go to Karate twice a week, the library, park days, Lego classes on Fridays, etc. Their mom finds lots for them to do. It isn't easy finding fun creative things for 4 to do.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2022 :  08:12:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you everyone for your kind comments. Time will heal.

Not much happening here. I'm enjoy my new wheels, a Honda HR-V. It's a different lifestyle for me. I've been working towards different ... wanting to create some change in my life ... My life is so different now than it was four years ago. I'm loving it.

Knitting and reading the summer away. My vacation is pretty much planned. Bought a bicycle and will bike my way through the Maritimes. I will take lots of photos and share. I'm not on Facebook anymore. Someone hacked into my account and tried to scam people on Marketplace. Not sure how they managed to get my password. This just confirms to me that FB's security leaves much to be desired. I am on Instagram for those that have an account. You can find me at: c_prevost

Enjoy your day everyone! Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Jul 26 2022 08:17:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1042 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1042 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2022 :  2:37:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, I just started following you…so if you see a krafting_karen, that’s me! :)

Karen :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6069 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6069 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2022 :  3:54:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This scammers are bad out there. Facebook isn’t the best place to go anyway.
I am on there because all my nephews and nieces are on there. They all live in Colorado.

Take care and be safe!
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3519 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3519 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2022 :  11:06:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, I am happy to hear that your changes and new choices are fitting you well and skies are sunnier again!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9502 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9502 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2022 :  12:03:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was thinking today it won't be long before we can start signing up for fall swaps. Of course, I am also thinking of the annual Apple swap!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1042 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1042 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2022 :  6:33:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, that’s too funny! I was just wondering about what kind of fall swaps there would be. Haha

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9502 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9502 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2022 :  03:51:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie hosts the annual Apple swap every year and there are all kinds of fun fall swaps Karen. I can't remember who usually hosts them all. We've had some great ones and I always look forward to them. It's my favorite season!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jul 28 2022 03:51:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4738 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4738 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2022 :  07:06:02 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I love the fall swaps - and I wish fall weather was here now/ lol!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9502 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9502 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2022 :  08:06:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do too! The temps are rising over the next couple of weeks here.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3519 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3519 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2022 :  11:23:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, indeed, there will be an apple swap for our Annual Farmgirl Apple Festival @MJF as well as my annual Apple Giveaway!! If all things work out OK, we are supposed to take our trip to Germany in September so I am going to start posting the apple swap and giveaway in the second half of August so I can get my packages out before we leave on Sept. 7. We paid for this trip in 2019 and haven't been able to go because of Covid. So, we are tentatively scheduled to go unless something like a huge Covid blast effects Germany and our trip cancels again like it did last Fall.

Speaking of season change, I am so over Summer down here!!! It is miserably hot and humid every day and no fun to do anything if you have to be outside. I am already dreaming of Fall and hopefully cooler days by mid to late October. This year has been one of the worst I can remember so far!! I was in Hobby Lobby last week to pick up a couple of things I needed and they were unpacking all of their fall decorations. It was fun to see pumpkins and scarecrows filling up shelves along with so many other goods!! For those of you who have longer and colder Springs, I know Summer is welcomed and people are not so anxious to see it go away.

Who here in the HenHouse is quietly dreaming of Fall and all things Apple and pumpkin???? When I stopped by Walmart today to pick up a couple of items from their Pharmacy, I was looking for coffees and they have some pumpkin spice coffee on the shelf! Walmart is now offering it's own brand and there was Starbucks as well. It is happening Farmgirls!!! Fall is quietly sneaking out to the stores and jumping of the shelves!! Plus , I found Musslemans Apple Butter there which I have not seen in years. And you know who else has delicious apple butter?? Rural King! They are like a mixture of Tractor Supply and a feed store under one huge roof. I have no idea if they are anywhere else besides the South. Cornbread and apple butter were a Virginia staple at at all the fall festivals when I was growing up. They are perfect together!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1263 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1263 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2022 :  12:10:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm also so done with summer but it just refuses to leave. I feel like a prisoner stuck in the house worshipping the great god A/C. Another 2+ months of this heat to put up with. We haven't been up tp Apple Hill since before covid; I'm almost afraid to go as I know part of where we used to go burned last year, missing my grandson's house by inches. Winnie is right -- cornbread and apple butter is a winning combination. I only have a jar or two of applesauce left so it is time to restock. They had Arkansas Black apples that we tried for the first time; I really liked their keeping ability, along with the good flavor.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9502 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9502 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2022 :  2:45:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have Rural King and Tractor Supply. I love stopping in to see what goodies they have.
We have definitely had summer here. The kids will start school August 15th. I have been looking at all the stuff in Hobby Lobby for a few weeks now. Waiting for their sale. Love all things apple, pumpkin and Fall!!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jul 29 2022 03:42:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1042 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1042 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2022 :  5:42:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fall is hands down my favorite! I love the transition that takes place from summer to fall. Yummy comfort foods return, sweatshirts (late fall), cooler evenings, pumpkins, apples, pumpkins, apples…lol

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9502 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9502 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2022 :  02:59:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We took our youngest granddaughter Violet to the air show yesterday. She is 5 and wants to be a pilot. She has wanted that since she was 3. She loved seeing the planes and going through them. She got to meet 2 real pilots. One who flies for the AF and one who flies for the airlines that JT works for now. The commercial pilot looked like he wasn't more than 16 but I'm sure he was in his 20s or so. He told Violet in 10 years she can start lessons. We enjoyed seeing Blue Angels. One of their pilots this year was a woman which we loved finding out. It was a fun but tiring day with all the walking after a busy morning of picking berries and grocery. shopping.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6069 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6069 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2022 :  07:00:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow Denise it sounds like you had an awesome day!
I bet that was a lot of fun for you all!
I bet she will not forget her visit
There.
Happy Sunday

Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9502 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9502 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2022 :  08:38:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope we made some great memories for her. Though I am paying today for all that walking yesterday.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Project Discussions: Previous Topic July 2022~ Sweet Summertime Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page