levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9509 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9509 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2022 :  12:59:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am just wondering what we can do to get our henhouse active again. With it being Spring I know many are busy but there must be something that can get us all interested in sharing here again. Thoughts??

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2022 :  4:02:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wish I knew what would help. I miss all the chatter as well. It also seems that the newcomers to MJF are only interested in doing badges or being a part of a group that can actually get together on a regular basis. The Farmgirls who have been here for many years seem fewer and fewer. I guess their interests have changed or possibly their lives. Is anyone in a different henhouse in addition to this one? Is it more active? What do they do to keep interest thriving?

It would be helpful if we had more information or clues as to what we could do to renew current members and attract new ones who will participate.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9509 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9509 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2022 :  4:58:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There aee actually two active henhouses and there are some girls from this henhouse in that one too.
Mostly the hen hencho keeps that one going, posting photos and card swaps.

Honestly, I run out of topics to post about and if no one posts we don't know how many of our gals come to visit.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6069 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6069 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2022 :  6:25:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe we can do some swaps over again. I am here but have been very busy with my knee.
I enjoy being in this Hen house even though not active as I could be. You all have been so good to me.
I am with you even when I am other places.
Covid has not helped keep things together either.
Love you all.
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2022 :  7:16:08 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I think I'm active as much as I can be. I'm not on the computer as much as I used to be, but I try to keep up with what is going on with our members. I don't join in or host as many swaps as I have previously, because I have other activities like travel and making things for sale in the small shop here in town. I try to keep up with the subjects in the henhouse. Some of our henhouse farmgirls are dealing with health problems in their family or are busy with children and grandchildren. Our families are important to us, including our henhouse and farmgirl families.

I agree with Winnie in that the newcomers to MJF seem to only be interested in earning merit badges and in being members of local groups who meet in person. Why is this?

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6069 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6069 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2022 :  10:56:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
love you all, that is why i am able to be in a group, we are spread all over and that is why we were named Scattered Prairie Gals.
I like being with people but there aren't any here so I joined on line and I think in my lifetime it is one of the best things I have done for myself. Sometimes for me that's the best way. I love having friends all over the United States, i can't thank you all more. you have been with me all the way through my surgeries, and visited me online where with Covid going on I couldn't have visitors. it doesn't hurt to see what is going on the Farm to see what is new and for me to learn new things and have fun with all the swaps.
i really want to thank you all!

i really do love you all for being my friend! you are very special ladies and I learn a lot from you even if I am not saying much!

Your Awesome

Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2699 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2699 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2022 :  10:01:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with Linda. I love being with you girls and reading about what everyone is doing. I'm starting some new projects and am just trying to fit everything on my plate. There are days that I don't have time to be on here but it's nice knowing that I can catch up every couple of days. Our group is a constant and it's good to have that.
Some girls are excited about earning badges...I think it's a lot of fun! But many aren't interested and that's ok! We all have something to share and offer.
Everyone has different interests and needs/wants in the henhouse and it's good to come together and share ourselves and our differences and just BE.
Some people like that "in person" touch, I think...especially after so much virtual-ness of the past couple of years. I think it's great if there are groups that want to meet in person! My older relatives used to have extension meetings, etc and they always enjoyed them so much. I personally don't know of any in person groups that are meeting. I have heard of one that does Zoom meetings? That could be an idea??
I was surprised to hear awhile back that there are only TWO virtual henhouses that are active...ours and the Wildflowers. I had thought there were a lot more scattered about. There are a couple of girls that belong to both...myself, Denise, Marilyn, Darlene, Shannon and Jami.
If you are wanting a larger group, we would need to try and recruit other girls to join. Maybe you would want to have some kind of "mission statement" as to what the SPGirls are all about, if you're looking for specific kind of new members? I personally like the smaller group size...so much easier to get to know everyone.
Just my thoughts....

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Edited by - debbieklann on Mar 22 2022 10:05:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2699 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2699 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2022 :  10:49:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Swaps are a fun idea, too. I think we have enough members on here to do that. Any good suggestions?

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9509 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9509 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2022 :  11:10:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The henhouses no matter what size are only as active as the members make it. Many times it gets to the point where only a few are posting and time gets away from us and then we have a henhouse that isn't active. It is easy to let it go by the wayside. It's important that everyone participate.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Mar 22 2022 11:10:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6069 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6069 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2022 :  11:19:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree! I would love to do more swaps on here if anyone is wanting to do that.
I love this Henhouse.

I will be glad to help if I can and when I can. You all have been so good to me.
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2022 :  5:10:17 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry, but with people saying that there are only a few in this henhouse who have been responding to posts, why start a new Henhouse? 6 of the 9 Wildflower henhouse members are also Scattered Prairie Gals. Wouldn't it be better to have one nice active henhouse then doubling up between 2 henhouses? Just saying ...

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2699 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2699 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2022 :  5:15:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Wildflowers have been around for awhile but became inactive for the most part. Debbie Fischer has done a LOT of work to build it back up again the last several months.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2022 :  5:23:37 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We have 15 active members and there are only 3 in Wildflowers that aren't already in Scattered Prairie Gals and that would make 18.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9509 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9509 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2022 :  6:19:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't want to leave this henhouse. It takes a lot of work to keep the henhouses active but I believe the only way for it to be that way is for everyone to help and not just one or two. Everyone has always been allowed the opportunity to post new topics and swaps or whatever they want as long as it stays within the guidelines the farm has set forth.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2022 :  7:52:23 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Let's all do our best to keep the henhouse running smoothly; we don't want to lose all our farm girl sisters. We can't all check in every day, but every day or so would be nice.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6069 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6069 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2022 :  8:15:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let me know if I can help. I will do what I can.
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2022 :  4:18:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We do have a really nice group here and I would miss it if it disappeared. During the pandemic, I have had my share of Zoom meetings and after awhile that gets old and people drop out. I was having coffee today with a friend and we were talking about how the Pandemic has left us all a bit overwhelmed. Everyone's life was changed in various ways and we all missed being able to have regular outings. Hopefully, things are getting better and better and when people get their regular routines humming along, things like the HenHouse will bounce back as well. Maybe?

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2022 :  4:27:35 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I agree, Winnie! We will overcome and bounce back.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9509 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9509 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2022 :  05:33:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is nice to check in every couple of days and and sometimes there is nothing to catch up on. Then it becomes dormant here for a while. Which is okay as everyone gets busy with life. Just as long as it doesn't stay that way. There are many different interests and that is good. It takes everyone to keep things going.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic Spring has sprung Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: