Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Wildflower Farmgirls
 Project Discussions
 What is in the works ~2022
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic What is in the works ~2022 Next Topic  

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9454 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9454 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2022 :  05:25:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hi Wildflowers,
Wondering what everyone has on the needle, hook, or on the craft table? I am working on some things for the feed sack swap, making a temperature blanket, I have some ufos I want to finish and dd came over yesterday and we made a plan to do some sewing for charity. I sorted through some fabrics we can use and now need to wash those and get them ready. That won't be until the mid to end of month. We want to do it when the girls are off school as these will be sewing lessons for them.
I have a small bin with unfinished things to work on. Hoping I can stick to it and get them done. Time slips away from me and years seem to go by. I have good intentions and when I see that bin I really want to finish the things I chose. Many of them are hand stitching and so they are time consuming and I tend to get bored with them. Hopefully this is the year I will finish so I can start on some other things.
Do you all have anything in the works and what are you planning to work on this month?

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

1320 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
1320 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2022 :  12:48:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hand stitching? - UGH! LOL!! I don't know why but I hate hand sewing things. For this month I have to make a few pot holders and a feedsack project (for those of you not in the swap Denise and I are partners so we can't talk about it without ruining the surprise). It's not crafty, but I'm making butter too. Lots of it. During the winter our bulk tank temperature stays cooler for longer without the agitator kicking on so I can skim the cream off the top easily. I try to make a few rounds of butter every day to put in the freezer and stock up. Not a hard job, just takes time away from crafting LOL! I'm also still working on cleaning and organizing things around the house so I don't know that I'll get much else done this month. I do want to work on using up my stash of fabric this year so I'll be figuring out some more projects soon.

~Heather
“I would rather be on my farm than be emperor of the world.” — George Washington
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9454 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9454 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2022 :  12:56:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heather, making your own butter is something I've always wanted to try. But I've not yet had the opportunity.

Most of my hand stitching is cross stitch. I have a couple of things in hoops. Just need to get to work. There always seems to be other things grabbing my time.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2689 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2689 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2022 :  2:44:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, I love that picture! It makes me want to leave my bookwork and go into my sewing room and do something WAY more fun.....
Next on my needles will be a pair of mittens and a hat for Merit, to match the scarf that I managed to finish at Thanksgiving. I am not going to give up hope that we won't be getting more snow before winter is over! I'm also stitching a couple of wool Valentine's day hearts. I will try and remember to take a picture when they are done.
Heather, I have only made butter twice, and used my food processor. It was so much better than commercially made butter.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4038 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4038 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2022 :  6:04:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am working on my feedsack project, crocheting potholders for a swap and slow stitching a few little things for myself.
I like to always have a couple projects going so I do not get bored.
And trying to read as many of Nora Robert’s books this year.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Farmgirl if the Month for:
September 2012, February 2018 and September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains and the Ocean.” Lord Bryon
When I am old I am wearing Purple. I am Old!!

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

1320 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
1320 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2022 :  08:33:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I use my kitchen aid mixer for making butter. Just make sure to put a towel over the top!!!!! Found that out the hard way LOL!

If I had a goal to read as many books as I could I wouldn't get anything else done! I LOVE to read.

~Heather
“I would rather be on my farm than be emperor of the world.” — George Washington
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic What is in the works ~2022 Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page