Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Welcome August! The last full month of Summer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Welcome August! The last full month of Summer Next Topic
Page: of 3

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6072 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6072 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2021 :  11:53:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So much work, I need to pack things up and,ovedupstsirs but itswsitomg when I can go upstairs again. No energy right now either.
Iam sure it will be nice for you when you are all done.
Take care and stay dry and cool?

Love you ladies!
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1269 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1269 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2021 :  9:10:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also cringe at the thought of moving. DH would like to move Flagstaff but I just don't have the energy to even think about it.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9518 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9518 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2021 :  04:02:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I were 20 years younger I would probably have everything unpacked already but it is slow going because I am not. It doesn't bother me. Eventually it will all get done.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1269 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1269 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2021 :  09:57:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good thinking Denise. That which is important will be unpacked and the rest can wait until it's needed.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9518 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9518 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2021 :  06:07:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, another glitch. We were supposed to close tomorrow the 30th but the buyers mortgage company seems to have one more form they don't have so now that may change, Which won't change much except the reimbursement on our taxes. Everything else has been done early or at least in a timely manner so I can't believe they are still messing around with this. Can't do anything about it, but lesson learned on selling to someone who has to use this type of loan. Also not really their fault but makes things harder for all.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2702 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2702 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2021 :  09:35:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm glad that you are getting all settled in, Denise. You will have to share some pictures when you get things arranged and your furniture gets delivered.
We have been getting a day or two of weather in the 80s and then back up into the 90s+. I am SO ready for fall and excited that September 1 is just 2 days away!!! I was up at the neighbor's house yesterday and walked home with my daughter, a little over a mile to here. I didn't realize that it was 94 out! We were a little warm by the time we got to the house.
We were up at the neighbors because they have Brad's great grandparents' homestead house on their property. They asked if we would like to have it. Otherwise they will tear it down. My husband has hoped for quite awhile that we could get it. My daughter was so excited..she said it has been on her bucket list to fix up something like that. So now to decide what to do with it. Pay to have it moved and then what? Fix it up for fun? Let campers stay in it for a "real" homesteading experience? We wouldn't have to add any power or water that way. I don't know...it could be cool or it could be a real rabbit hole to go down!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9518 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9518 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2021 :  09:55:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That sounds like a fun thing to do as well as being a fantastic addition to your property. I wouldn't pass it up for sure!!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2021 :  10:29:26 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That sounds like fun, Debbie. And if you can rent it out or use it as a studio or something you could have a lot of fun with it.

There was another house on the back acreage of my property and I gave it away because it needed way too much work. Unfortunately, if I had waited a year, I would have met Ed and he would've LOVED to fix it up. I would have liked that, too. Moving a house is expensive, depending on the size of the house. The people that got mine paid a lot, because it took 5 trailers - 3 for the roof pieces and 2 for the house,and they paid so much per trailer or per mile and moved it 35 miles.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2021 :  10:11:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Debbie that sounds exciting. Go for it. Perhaps your daughter and her young family could live in it.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2021 :  4:50:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie, what a wonderful inheritance! Oh my, there are many possibilities of how to use it. I have wanted an old house most of my life, but alas, never had the money to purchase one and fix it up. Having a family house seems like such a perfect solution to keeping family memories in tack and also celebrating family holidays and summer vacation times there. Let us know how it all goes and have fun! Give us a photo when you can too. I would love to see it.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2702 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2702 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2021 :  07:40:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I shared you girls' comments with my husband and I'm sure that we're going to go ahead with the moving project! He's been scouting out a permanent place for it.
He remembered his grandpa having taken pictures of the house after it was moved from the original location and spent a couple of hours digging through a box of his dad's things and found the pictures. Yep...same house! It looks like it originally had a small roof over a front porch and a small lean to off of one side that was an outside shower of some kind. Both are gone now but it can be rebuilt/repaired/remodeled. It won't be an overnight project but it will be fun. I love seeing the layers of OLD wallpaper and linoleum that they used to use. It amazes me that a family with so many children lived in it....of course, it was minimalistic living back then. I believe that one year they had a bumper crop of wheat and were able to add on and double the size of the house. I will have to get some pictures once we get going on it.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2021 :  10:06:08 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations, Debbie. Can't wait to see pictures of the house.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9518 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9518 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2021 :  10:26:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie,
That is awesome that you are going to keep it! Look forward to seeing photos!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6072 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6072 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2021 :  2:08:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by darlenelovesart

So much work, I need to pack things up and get them upstairs but It will be a long time before I can go upstairs again. No energy right now either.
Iam sure it will be nice for you when you are all done.
Take care and stay dry and cool?

Love you ladies!
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Welcome August! The last full month of Summer Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page