Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2021 :  06:23:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today, Spring arrived at the 5:37 AM EDT. When I looked up the information yesterday on the internet, the Vernal Equinox, the official name of Spring, occurs when our day length is roughly the same. Depending on where you live, Spring may or may not be visible yet. Here in Florida we have Spring in full gear and some trees are now fully showing off their new leaves in the various shades of green. The coloring of the landscape in greens, mixed with flowering trees is simply glorious! Since we do not grow bulb flowers down here well, I really miss having Tulips, Hyacinth, and Daffodils. This week, I found a few little single pots at a local grocery store each having a Tulip, and a pink and purple Hyacinth. I repotted them in a larger pot and presto, they were so happy to get out of the little tiny pots that they instantly started shooting up and opening their blooms. I was so happy and now I have a plant with two pink Tulips, a purple and. Pink Hyacinth all opening up . What a perfect way to start the official beginning of Spring.

What signs of Spring are you having right now? Do you have any flowers that are must haves ? I would love to hear how Spring unfolds in your life and what you like to do to enjoy it’s arrival? Strawberry shortcake anyone??

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9522 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9522 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2021 :  07:02:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The one thing I love about Florida in March is the strawberries!

Here I have daffodils starting to bloom. The pussiwillows have put out their furry little paws and I have seen leaf buds on the magnolia. There are also buds on the peach trees in the backyard. I love when the apple blossoms come and the trees have their mist of green showing. Then comes the wild cherry blossoms making themselves pretty in pink. It is a burst of colors then. Of course, my favorite is lilac time.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Mar 20 2021 3:23:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6074 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6074 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2021 :  12:32:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My daughter is talking about moving from Washington to Florida her husband has family there.
Maybe in a year.

Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2021 :  10:20:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The red bud trees are so pretty.
Pecans are so careful. They are reluctant to show any green until they are pretty certain all frost danger is past!
Crepe Myrtles are also very careful.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2021 :  07:43:09 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Some of our trees are budding out which is so nice to see after our freeze and snow we had a month ago.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1272 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1272 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2021 :  1:09:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our fruit trees and almonds are blooming. We had a little rain this week that put the end to the daffodils and have the tree blossoms covering the ground like snow. I love this time of year.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2703 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2703 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2021 :  2:44:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are slow coming into spring. We always seem to have lots of wind. I have 2 daffodils blooming and blowing in my flower bed. My butterfly bushes are starting to green up. The lilacs shouldn't be too far behind.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6074 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6074 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2021 :  5:25:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My butterfly bush is leafing up too. Its a white one. When I moved to this house I found a deal on them and bought 4 of them all colors but they wanted to take over my little yard so had to cut them out. of course the one that I kept ended up being white blooms. It is still growing but no color.
Things will start soon.
Have a great evening.

love
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9522 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9522 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2021 :  06:13:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So beautiful here today! Spending time with the Ohio Littles and yesterday was gorgeous so we, (Tori the littles and I ) all spent some time outside in the sunshine and fresh air. That sun felt so good! It always energizes me to come here. I go home rejuvenated and ready to clean and pack more. Lol.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2021 :  4:45:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am enjoying how Spring is unfolding in all of your homes. Spring arrival means different things depending on your Latitude and growing zone, and I find the details of each area interesting. One comment that seems universal is how ready we are for the arrival of each season. Certain events happen in seasons and we all have fond memories of them and look forward to making new ones with friends and family. Even though we always have green down here in Florida, I always look forward to the deciduous trees, which lost their leaves, grow new ones. When you look out over a wooded area, there are so many shades of green from all the new leaves growing, It is just beautiful!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2021 :  8:15:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I too love all of the different shades of green in God's water color box.
I love a late autumn, winter landscape, because you get to see the "bones" of each species of trees.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic Spring Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page