Loleta California
USA
6078 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2020 :  4:01:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Autumn Everyone!

Love you all!

Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9532 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9532 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2020 :  4:35:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie, Wish I could share some of this cool weather. I am enjoying it. It brought rain last night and a migraine for me. I always forget when I hear a major front is coming through, But I'm not sure I can really prepare for it.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9532 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9532 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2020 :  4:37:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lots of outside work today. Took some stuff to donate. Cleaning up what we can use and feeling good about getting 2 outbuildings cleared out and cleaned up.
Lots of work ahead this week but going to take time to relax tomorrow.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2020 :  8:16:13 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well, we are having a garage sale next weekend (Oct 23-24), so today I started trying to get things at least localized so I can put them out in a day or two. There are some boxes and items in the garage attached to the house and some in the shop/garage in the back. The GS will be under the carport by the shop/garage, with some things migrating out to the driveway. LOL! Hopefully, we will have no rain, and especially hoping that a lot of the stuff sells! Wish me luck!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2020 :  8:04:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, sorry to hear about your migrane. I have had a few of those and they are awful! It snowed here for the first time on October 16. Didn't stay but it is always a shock to see winter at the door. We are below freezing at night and 40s during the day. But it was the most colorful fall we have ever had.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6078 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6078 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2020 :  07:01:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would love to clean out my garage, last earthquake we had went a different direction and things moved all to the floor. Well someday!
Have a great day, just wanted to say Good morning to you all!.

Love you all!

Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9532 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9532 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2020 :  07:55:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, hope you have good luck with your sale. Be careful lifting anything.

Bonnie, we used to get snow on Halloween when I was a kid. Hated wearing my coat over my costume. Here it is usually cold and windy by then.
Today I'm dealing with sinus/ allergy issues. Not uncommon for me this time of year.
I have been going through our dvds and getting rid of some. They have been going like hotcakes on the swap site. Feels good to have more space. Round two today depending on if I get other things done that I need to do. So far the energy level is okay but usually by afternoon it's lagging.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2020 :  09:01:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OMG, not sure where my mind is at but I read Denise's first picture quote: "I can smell autumn dancing in the beer ...." thinking it was somewhat odd but hey Octoberfest! lol Then scrolled back up to read it again ... Not what it says! lol

Did break open my Pumpkin Spice syrup for my latte. I've been taking one of those to work every day ... yummy:

Did enjoy a wonderful zoom quilting meet last Friday after work. It was wonderful to catch up with friends fomr New Zealand and Australia.

Really, not much going on at the moment. Did just receive some yarn for a new project I shall be starting ... probably should post that in "what are you working on".

Keep well everyone ... Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Oct 22 2020 07:43:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9532 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9532 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2020 :  3:16:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Carole pumpkin spice! Yum. Great way to start the day.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3522 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3522 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2020 :  12:28:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Carole, glad to hear that you are doing well up there in upper NY state. Quiet seems to be the trend down here as well. We too are keeping a low profile these days.

Since it is so hot and humid out, I have decided it is time to go through "stuff" again and loading up books for the Friends of the Library and unused whatevers into boxes. Also, I have been trying to finish up several books I had started and think about some knitting projects for the future. i completed an easy knitted neck cowl with a thick and soft cotton/acrylic blend . Maybe I can even get a chance to wear it before Spring hits?? LOL!! By the way, last year we were almost all bloomed out by Valentine's Day since we had virtually no Winter.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2706 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2706 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2020 :  4:08:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It sounds like October is very popular with all of us! It's my favorite month, too!
Bonnie, the trees are beautiful! We don't have color like that in Oregon.
Connie, what fun decorations!!!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9532 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9532 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2020 :  5:25:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, we just returned from celebrating our youngest grandsons 2nd birthday. These grands are too cute for their own good. Saturday morning we had an opportunity to take the two youngest 2 and 4 out for a walk around the block. Or so I thought. They don't really have blocks so it was a two mile walk. By the time we got back, little noses and cheeks were rosy and cold and my leg/hip was really screaming. It wasn't your normal walk on the sidewalk leisurely stroll. I was pushing a stroller and JT was pulling a wagon up and down hills. Ugh! But I survived and felt better for it later. When we got back we had hot drinks and the older two done with their chores and ready to spend some time together. They always hate when we leave as do we but it is nice to come home.
On a surprising note, about an hour before we got home my daughter here texted and said our road was closed off due to something going on at and they gave the street number. My son in law had been out hunting and when he was coming back to pass the house they wouldn't let him through so he asked the address. They told him and it was our neighbor but they didn't know what was happening. When we passed the fire house we saw the trucks were missing so had an idea. By the time we got home they had the road open and there were fire trucks at the neighbors. We can't really see their house even though it is fairly close, due to all the trees around them and us. We believe it was his garage where he housed his wood burning furnace. Not sure but hopefully it didn't go any further and hoping no one was hurt in there.
So back home and waiting on the kids to bring the dog back home. I'm sure he will be happy to see us and be back. He likes their family but doesn't like being away from me.
Lots on my to do list tomorrow. Looking forward to my cup of tea, book and bed.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6078 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6078 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2020 :  6:02:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad your home safe a Denise!

Carole pumpkin Spice is so yummy enjoy your drink.

Hugs
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3522 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3522 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2020 :  08:41:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, glad you had such a fun time with your family's birthday celebration. Family visits like that are the best!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9532 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9532 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2020 :  5:53:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Winnie! They sure are, especially when it involves the little ones.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1221 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1221 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2020 :  06:08:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning Farmgirls,
Seems like forever since I have visited the hen house. It's been busy here on the farm. We finished bean harvest and are combining corn now. I managed to get everything buckled down for winter. I will miss the garden, but I do have the extra fridge full of cabbage and carrots and have the last of my tomatoes ripening in the downstairs kitchen. I am starting to think Christmas and have pulled fabric for a few gifts. I also followed a Facebook virtual quilt shop hop across North and South Dakota for a couple of weeks and got several ideas, saw a lot of the new fabrics and ordered a few goodies to add to my craft room. Most were free shipping or very reduced shipping so it was a nice way to support small businesses. I have to run to town for combine parts this morning and scheduled a grocery pick up so I had best get chores finished and get going. Have a great day everyone.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3522 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3522 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2020 :  4:29:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Julie and great to hear that your annual harvest work is wrapping up and that you have veggies stocked up for awhile as well. Just in time for the cold weather's arrival I think as well??

I also wanted to share that over on the main Forum I am doing a fall giveaway so pop on over and if you are interested, sign up. I enjoy doing giveaways because it feels like a simple way to have a little fun. Fall is a great time to add some extra fun since many enjoy this season.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2020 :  5:38:18 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That's great Julie that you are done harvesting and have lots of veggies. we went shopping today and bought lots to stock cupboard and freeers. It costs so much to eat out now - it seems like $25 or more for the 2 of us even for a fast food meal apiece. You can buy $100 worth of groceries and have 20 meals, especially having soups in this nice wet and cold weather we are having right now.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1275 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1275 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2020 :  6:01:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's definitely getting to be soup weather. We did our monthly shopping this week and yesterday I made a big pot of chicken soup with matzo balls and rice pudding. Comfort food. I haven't had any fast food or restaurant food since March. I thought I would miss it but I don't. We have been cooking at home and eating healthy. Saving money for sure. Now I can dream about what I'm going to spend that money on.....

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3522 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3522 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2020 :  08:01:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Halloween everyone! We finally got a cool front down here and it is dry, cool days, chilly nights, and open window weather. What a delight and perfect for children attending the various city events planned for safe trick or treating and family fun. Here I am in 1953 at age 2 wearing my first Halloween outfit my mom made. I loved Halloween then and still do!! My favorite candies were those little put butter bars, Neco wafers, Sugar Daddy lollipops, and MaryJane bars. I remember not getting as much chocolate but all sorts of other things we don't see now. What did you like as a child for Halloween candy?

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9532 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9532 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2020 :  08:54:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie,
You looked adorable! I remember going to my aunt and uncle's place as she babysat for me when mom worked. Anyway, my uncle used to call me pumpkin and when Halloween came around I took a pumpkin treat holder and showed him that is what a pumpkin looked like. He still called me pumpkin right up until he died which I think I must have been around 8 or 9 when he passed.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1269 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1269 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2020 :  2:33:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Halloween Everyone, Hope you are having a spooky fun day.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2706 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2706 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2020 :  3:43:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie, you look so cute in that picture!
Linda, how did your garage sale turn out? I'll bet you were glad to get things moved!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1275 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1275 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2020 :  5:59:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I called my grand daughter Punkin when she was little. She was born the day after Thanksgiving.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2020 :  6:03:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Halloween everyone!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Boo to you ~ October 2020 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page