Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Beginning of the "ber" months~September 2020
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Beginning of the "ber" months~September 2020 Next Topic
Page: of 4

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2020 :  5:36:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda,
We loved Eureka and Warehouse 13 when they were on. We also enjoy Stargate and Marvels A.G.E.N.T.S. of Shield. We are nerdy so right up our alley.

I enjoy British shows too. Sherlock, Dr. Who, Miss Marple are good ones.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2020 :  6:41:42 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, I like Heart of Dixie, too. And Longmire. Haven't watched all of the episodes yet. Maybe now I can catch up. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2020 :  04:35:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well only a few more days and Autumn will arrive here weatherwise. We can still get warm days in October but will have to wait and see this year.
I hope everyone is getting cooler temps. I know Winnie must be drenched with rain and wind from the hurricane.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2020 :  03:52:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The weather is cooling and I am definitely getting in the fall mood. Thinking about doing some apple butter and applesauce. Need to go get my supply of apples today. Love the way the kitchen smells with everything cooking.
Also thinking about my apple dish for Apple pie Sunday!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1276 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1276 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2020 :  6:00:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Blue sky! Sunshine! No smoke! I don't know how long it will last but this is the first clear day in a month and I'm loving it. Upper 80s all week -- no more 100+, at least for now.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6079 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6079 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2020 :  6:07:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same here We had some rain this morning but blue sky the rest of the day. Much better.

Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2706 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2706 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2020 :  6:12:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hear you, Judith!!! We finally got rain and we can now see the mountains after over a week of being smoked in...so excited! I put out my fall decorations this afternoon to celebrate!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2020 :  04:27:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Loving our sunshine. We've had a lot of rain. Glad you are getting some out that way.
We have a high of 64 today. Autumn has arrived as far as I'm concerned though I know we will have in the 70s again which is also great! Hoping everyone enjoys their day!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3522 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3522 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2020 :  09:20:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hurricane Sally brought us some bad rain bands on Tuesday and Wednesday . They were the trail end of the storm but when they mixed with the already daily storm patterns, things got really wet and soggy here. Yesterday was the first day we had no rain, but today is wet and rainy again. We really need some dry days in a row to dry out!

Well, the Fall Equinox will be here on Tuesday at 9:30am. We are supposed to get a touch of change from a cooler front for the first few days of the week. It is supposed to be fairly dry and temps down in to the mid 80s and upper 60s at night. If that actually holds, it might give us the dry days we need and hold down the awful humidity we have had the past 2 months.

This week, I tried two new apple recipes that turned out pretty good. One was called an old fashion Potato Apple pie. You make a double plain crust. In a skillet you brown a chopped onion and rough chopped unpeeled apples in a couple Tblsp butter. Add 1/2 tsp salt and pepper to taste, sautés until potatoes begin to get tender, add rough chopped apples, some fresh Thyme, and 3/4 cup water, cover and let simmer about about 15 minutes. Put filling into bottom crust, add 1 C shredded swiss cheese or cheddar, cover with top crust and bake at 350 about 35 minutes for crust to fully brown. Believe me , this is simple, hearty and delicious!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1276 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1276 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2020 :  5:01:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We didn't get rain but the clear sky was welcome anyway, Today it is almost clear but the smell of smoke is back. I have this incredible urge to wash all the curtains but I think I'll wait until the last fire is out. The car did get washed even though it hasn't been driven in three months.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2020 :  7:03:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Judith, do you get any updates on how they are progressing with getting the fires out?

Winnie,
Glad that Sally is passed you now.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Sep 19 2020 7:04:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1276 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1276 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2020 :  3:53:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Three of the biggest up here in northern California are 98% contained. There are a couple dozen others burning that are 5-49% contained including the one started by that idiot couple and their gender revealing announcement that has already killed one firefighter.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2020 :  04:56:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2020 :  04:58:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Found this cute picture. Rabbit is my favorite Pooh character!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3522 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3522 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2020 :  05:05:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is here this morning, Farmgirls!! Fall arrives at 9:30am and all of our talking and sharing about this season will be here . Amazingly , we had a cool front pass through on Sunday and we had temps at the upper 70s all day. It was wonderful. Yesterday it was sunny and not as cool but we have had lows in the upper 60s and lower humidity so it has been a welcomed change. Today we heard back up to the 80s and by the end of the week humidity and rain will be back. But I am typing this note this morning with our windows open and a light sweatshirt. Of course that will have to come off by 10am but at least I can welcome in my favorite season with decent Florida weather for a change!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2706 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2706 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2020 :  11:27:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Even though I have been telling myself since Sept.1 that it is fall, it is officially here! My favorite season. Summer seemed to leave us when we got smoked in. I have been doing some fall cleaning and have been surprised by how much ash is in the house! I'm getting ready for the gradual slowing down of life and enjoying the cooler weather and looking forward to spending cozy time inside.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2020 :  03:46:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Getting out in this cooler weather and doing some yard clean up before the leaves start falling. We have little to no color change here yet. But October will make that happen.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2020 :  05:11:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We do have colors appearing! We also have some leaves falling.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3522 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3522 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2020 :  10:18:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have been lucky that the past 4 days have been lower humidity and temps in the upper 60s at night. It has been a welcomed change but today we are on the march back up to 80s with increasing humidity. This weekend will be a return the the previous pattern we were having with the thunderstorms returning during the afternoons and evenings. Even with warm sunshine, it is amazing how a lower humidity can make it more comfortable.

Today, a disturbing thing is happening to a house across the street from me. It is on a beautiful wooded lot and the new owner is having the tree guys take down ALL THE TREES!!! Have you even heard of such a thing?? All of the trees? Why would anyone do such a thing? Trees are our natural helpers here in HOT Florida to provide shade and comfort to our houses and yards. These are beautiful oaks and pines too. It breaks my heart and I hate to see them all coming down for no good reason that I can come up with.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1276 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1276 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2020 :  1:25:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see this happening all the time and it really upsets me. The house across the street had a big beautiful sycamore tree in front. I loved that tree, not only was it attractive, it shaded the front of our house on hot mornings. They cut it down. I cried. There were two redwood trees a next door neighbor planted 35 years ago that I watched grow to big lovely trees between our houses. During the drought I carried many buckets of rinse water from the washing machine several times a week to water them. New people moved in last year and cut the trees down. Once again I cried. I don't know what people are thinking; our earth needs the trees. We need them to help combat global warming. Enough trees are being burned that we certainly don't need people intentionally killing more of them.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2020 :  1:56:07 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Our new house has a lot of trees - 2 pears, 1 peach, 1 plum, 3 pecans, and 6 oaks. And I love trees. Unfortunately, Ed says one of the oak trees in the front yard may have to come down, because it is too close to the house and can cause foundation problems. The branches already extend out over the roof. Hopefully this won't happen very soon. When they build a house the contractors don't think when they plant young trees too close to the house perimeter; they don't consider how much that tree will grow and expand. I've read that the roots of a tree extend as wide as the upper branches spread out.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2020 :  4:19:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We had a cool week this week. Mostly 78 for highs. Warming back to 85 for this weekend. Our little Farmstand on the Jones peach orchard opened.They are in Full Fall mode! I bought some Fugi Apples today and 2 pumpkins for lily JJune to decorate with paints.
Connie
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2020 :  4:25:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This has been the nicest Sept. I can remember, ever. Your haul is beautiful.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2020 :  5:13:01 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
WOW! Love that stuff, Connie.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2020 :  7:07:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda do you take your pain meds about 15 to 20 minutes before they begin to manipulate your shoulder and arm?

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Sep 27 2020 07:06:07 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Beginning of the "ber" months~September 2020 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page