hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - May 12 2020 :  07:26:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone else busy getting their garden ready? I have been hardening off my brassicas over the last couple weeks... they will be going into the ground hopefully on Wednesday. Tomorrow we are also suppose to be getting our trees delivered... pear and apple. They will be planted tomorrow evening, if all goes well. Then on Friday I am hoping to plant my potatoes... I guess I need to go ahead and cut those so they can crust over... maybe I'll do that today. I also want to plant more carrots and lettuces, along with other greens. I'm thinking I may start hardening off my other plants this weekend, such as my tomatoes and peppers.

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/

LauraBell
True Blue Farmgirl

281 Posts

Laura
Kingsville TX
USA
281 Posts

Posted - May 13 2020 :  09:52:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have started a couple containers here - tomatoes and cherry tomatoes, yellow squash and zucchini, cucumbers, radishes, arugula and spinach. Some herbs in pots too - basil, mint and rosemary.

We have an old chicken coop my brother built and we have repurposed it into a planter - we planted some zinnias there.

There is no danger of frost (ha) here so we already have tomatoes and squash on our plants!

Laura

Laura

Happy to be Farmgirl #7286
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic May Garden Happenings Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page