hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - May 12 2020 :  07:22:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the hopes of getting more conversations going, I figured I would start a couple additional threads. What is everyone doing this month in their kitchen? Yesterday was a huge kitchen day for me. We made twenty breakfast sandwiches for the freezer on sourdough English muffins. Then we made over forty breakfast burritos, consisting of eggs, hashed browns, green chilies, and homemade sausage. YUM! All of those went into the freezer for busy mornings, where we need to get out the door. Then we made four loaves of banana bread. We are enjoying one of them for breakfast this morning, and the other three are headed to the freezer. And finally yesterday we canned 16 half pints of strawberry jam. My goal is to get another 16 jars canned today. I think I may also make some goat cheese... but the verdict is still out on that one!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/

LauraBell
True Blue Farmgirl

281 Posts

Laura
Kingsville TX
USA
281 Posts

Posted - May 13 2020 :  09:48:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow Shannon!

That all sounds amazing. We have been trying out some new recipes - found some keepers and some we won’t do again. This weekend we tried sourdough pretzels - we will try a different recipe next time. English muffins are this weekend.

Winners so far have been a taco Mac skillet dinner, fudge brownies and almond banana bread.

I haven’t been stocking the freezer - I should really do that!

Laura

Laura

Happy to be Farmgirl #7286
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic May Kitchen Happenings Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page