Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 March Learning Together: Spring Cleaning!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic March Learning Together: Spring Cleaning! Next Topic
Page: of 2

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2020 :  1:06:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Having to stay in, I have started Spring Cleaning! Slowly! I cleaned out the catch all drawer in the kitchen!!

Not much else! My beloved Antique Mall is closing march 31st. Most all my stuff is out already. The landlord broke the lease, they had 2 years left. We found out a antique store 2 miles away and the owners are going to try and copy what Nena and Jon built the last 3 years. They feel betrayed and hurt. They are taking some time off but they said they will probably open another one later one. They have 30 years experience. He is also and auctioneer. They made it a Family Place, Shopping, Arcade, café, painting class and ceramic class. Charity fundraisers for Special needs children and abused animals. only a handful of the 110 vendors are staying with the new owners. the rest of us cant work for someone who would take a familys business away. they have 2 kids one 11 and one a teenager. We have all cried. it was such a special place, I know the lord will open another door for them!! I opened an etsy store but took out the 4 things I had, because of this virus thing right now.
Nena and Jon are Christian people and they said they know the lord will open another door. Thru it all they have remained so respectful to the new owners. The new owners bragged about it on their face book page and then took the post down after folks in their store were sad about the underhanded deal. pray for them! I will go to their new place if its not too far. it will be this fall or next year they said.
Connie This is Nena and Jon, 2 of the sweetest people on Earth! they love VIntage, It is their heart and Soul!

Edited by - Killarney on Mar 19 2020 1:09:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2020 :  2:08:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will remember them in my prayers also.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2020 :  2:14:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today I cleaned off my kitchen counter..now don't think it is bare cause
It is not...but I moved everything and used Lysol spray and lots of paper towels. My left arm and shoulder are really fussing at me over those two falls. So I'm giving them some rest time.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2020 :  5:20:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Extra prayers Marilyn!

Connie
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3527 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3527 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2020 :  05:45:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie, I am sorry to hear about the backstory of your antique store’s closing. It is true, I think, that when doors close, new ones open in time. I will keep Nena and Jon in my prayers during this time of re-grouping. It sounds like they have a lot of skills and no doubt, when this economy recovers from the Coronavirus, hopefully they will see new prospects to open a new business!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Project Discussions: Previous Topic March Learning Together: Spring Cleaning! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page