Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 March 2020 ~ Spring on the horizon
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic March 2020 ~ Spring on the horizon Next Topic
Page: of 5

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2020 :  7:05:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise that is fancy! I like it. Did you do it yourself?

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2020 :  7:35:46 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I am so behind on birthdays and holiday cards. This move has me so behind. I have no idea how I will get all my quilting stuff into the new house. The house is larger, but I am losing a LOT of built-in storage. I keep packing boxes and there is always more stuff to pack. It is multiplying!! Lol

I hope to get this farmhouse ready to sell by this weekend.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2020 :  7:49:32 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I’m confused. Several have said they like my kitchen and I haven’t posted a picture of my kitchen. The pictures are of the living room paneling that we had painted. And I love the way it turned out. I like my kitchen, too - it has cabinets the about the same color wood that the paneling was. The ceiling in the kitchen is also wood. I’ll take some pictures when we get into the house.

Marilyn - no wood floors in the new house. The living room, quilting room, and quilting closet room are all high end vinyl that really looks like wood; the kitchen, dining room , bathrooms, and hallways are ceramic tile, and the bedrooms are new carpet. Should be easy to keep clean.

I’d like to be in the new house this weekend so I can get this one on the market and sold. This move is taking a lot longer than I thought it would. A lot will be in boxes in the garage for quite a while. I’ve been tossing quite a bit. We will have a garage sale when we get moved in completely. As I go through the boxes I will probably put more stuff for garage sale.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2020 :  8:34:05 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have been wondering why I had not been getting notifications from the sisterhood - I just looked at my spam and they have been going there. I don't know how that happened, but hopefully I am back now. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3527 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3527 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2020 :  05:14:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LInda, I know sometimes my emails from this Chatroom don’t show arrive to the person I am sending it to or to me. I have never been able to figure it out either! Recently, everything has been fine and I haven’t changed anything either. Computer quirks are always a mystery to me!

We are now having a warm wave with temps up to about 80 and night temps in the 50s and low humidity. But, man of man is the Pine Pollen awful!!!!! Everything is coated in a thick yellow dusting that is such a mess on cars and all of the porch. All of our trees now have their new green leaves and I love all the subtle green colors mixed together everywhere. So beautiful!!!
This is the time of year that my area of Florida has the best weather of the entire year. It is our dry season, however, so that is always a worry because with the low humidity and more breezy conditions, it is a big fire risk with all of our big pine forests.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1225 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1225 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2020 :  06:42:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been in Phoenix all week. It is spring cleaning at my moms. Up until today the weather has been beautiful, but today they are calling for rain showers. I will be glad to get moms projects done and spending time with her is precious. The good thing about coming this time of year is being able to take fresh lemons home from her tree and if we get time we will stop at a u-pick orchard for oranges as well.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2020 :  08:31:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Enjoy that warmer Phoenix weather Julie! I love lemons and anything lemon flavored. Enjoy them!

Marilyn, I did do them. They are from Color Street.

Linda,
It does seem like boxes multiply doesn't it? I knew that was your craft room but does look similar to kitchen counters. I know you'll be glad to get it all done and place sold. You'll need a vacation when you're finished!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Mar 11 2020 08:32:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3527 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3527 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2020 :  2:04:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Julie, glad to hear you have had a great visit in Phoenix warming up your bones and enjoying a nice vacation! Safe travels home back to North Dakota.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2020 :  10:15:20 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Wow! This COVID-19 is really running amok here - they are cancelling all large Events of over 500 people. They even say to avoid small events of 10 or more if possible. I have bunco tomorrow with 12 ladies and tonight was my quilt guild with 23 of us. They didn’t read the announcement on the news until after I got home. Are all your towns and areas doing the same thing?

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2020 :  10:39:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, I know that you he college said they will be closed next week, so spring break will now be at least two weeks. I've had emails from Starbucks, wal mart and MSQ about their plans.We talked about shopping for a few groceries. So we went to Wal-Mart at 9pm. We were hoping there would not be too many shoppers...wrong! I did notice of here was no toilet tissue, no water, no bread, and no baby wipes. The advil and Tylenol displays were empty. So I guess people bought it all. Laundry detergent was pretty scarce...I did not need any of those things but as we walked around that was what I noticed. Oh yes the
peanut butter was empty...but by moving the empty boxes I found a double jar of creamy Jif. Yes! I had shopped for stuff at the first of the month.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2020 :  07:33:11 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I was at Aldi’s last night at 8:30. There was only about five other people in the store. I asked the man as I was checking out though if they had been busy and he said they had three cash registers with lines from the cash register to the back of the store most of the day. I have gotten emails from almost every company CEO about what they are doing to enhance cleaning procedures, make their customer safe, etc. A friend in Chicago said her Costco every cash register line went from the front to the back of the store. It was a madhouse.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2020 :  07:59:06 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I found a great deal at our favorite thrift shop yesterday. We went in there to look for candle sticks for decoration on my fireplace mantle, but we found something else. My quilting room has shelving workspace made with container store Elfa products. I found a 3-drawer alpha rolling cart with a table top - It was marked $35, but all furniture was 50% off so I got it for $17.50. The baskets, the metal frame, the top, and the wheels, bought separately, would cost around $130. I think I scored pretty well.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2020 :  10:51:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, you did good!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2020 :  11:07:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, I saw a video, from Spain. Someone on the second or third floor of an apartment, or hotel made the video. It was looking down on a crowd of people, many with grey hair. They were waiting for an Aldis store to open. The shopping carts were lined up across the front of the store, leaving only one glass door to be opened, for entrance. When two employees came to open the door the flood of peop!e rushed inside. Those employees came back to try to move the carts but they could not do it. The crowd had pushed that !omg line of carts into the store in a big backwards C. i guess they had broken the mechanisms on most of the other doors.There were still more people trying to get inside. I would estimate there were about 1,500 or more people. It was crazy.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2020 :  4:40:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, it depends on the area here. When I went to our local Walmart there was plenty of everything and I only saw a couple buying water which is not unusual here anyway. By the next day when my daughter went the toilet paper was gone as was hand sanitizer but there was plenty of hand soap. I buy my cleaning supplies online but still have plenty. We are being careful. I was at Target today and there was plenty of everything there. We are not in a highly populated area so that may be why a lot was still available. I haven't heard mention of anything about groups meeting though we may take precautions on attending services as we need to be careful with our grandson being type 1. He is very susceptible to sickness and things.
I haven't been listening to much and I know many people are all over the urgency. From panic to indifference. I think just as with any contagion it is better to be safe.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1225 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1225 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2020 :  05:50:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone. There is no place like home. I haven't been to the store yet, so I don't know what our shelves look like, but it sure seems like the whole country has gone crazy buying paper products and pantry supplies. Since we only have 1 case of the virus in the state we tend to be a little more relaxed about it I think. I am hoping to get some seewing done today. Have a great day.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2020 :  08:01:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Funny thing here in our town as well as the town 30 miles away there is no toilet tissue, or other "essentials". But in the little community where the guys are working...there is plenty. Farm folks are calmer, more prepared and believers.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1276 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1276 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2020 :  6:12:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Every year my daughter takes me to the Santa Barbara Orchid sow; it's our major mother-daughter event. Thursday we had almost completed the 450 mile drive when we were notified the show was cancelled. Major disappointment but we drowned our sorrows by visiting every nursery in the area. We had lots of homemade hand sanitizer and lysol wipes and only used ATM cards. This morning I went to walmart for kitty litter and was amazed at the empty shelves. I'm glad that I have squirrel DNA in my blood and have a good supply of necessities. I look upon this situation as a challenge.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1276 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1276 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2020 :  6:14:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

oops

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24

Edited by - StitchinWitch on Mar 14 2020 6:19:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1276 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1276 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2020 :  6:17:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok, lets try that again:

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2020 :  6:24:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You and me too. I gave our DIL four big packages of toilet tissue. Tomorrow I will give them gloves to keep in their vehicles...even tho my son said they don't need them. I have been trying to get him to buy storage food for ten years. Of course he never got around to it. He said recently that if we had to have meat...there are deer and cows. She spends quite a bit of money at the grocery store. If things take a while to get better I am sure they will be at our door. Do you remember the old saying when company arrived, unexpectedly at dinner time? There always seemed to be plenty of biscuits...and the lady of the house would add some more milk and a bit of water and 'stir the gravy a little thinner'. Problem is the kids today like fast food. And they have never been without food. They have never had to eat the way we may be eating in the future.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Mar 14 2020 6:31:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2020 :  6:46:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was watching a homesteading family in Wisconsin on you tube the other day. They went into a big box store. The daddy found a manager and they began to talk. The daddy wanted to know when they would get more of some product. The manager told him he was already not able to get certain things from the suppliers. So those raiders who maxed out their credit cards and bought food and Toilet tissue for two weeks....may not find much of anything when they return near the end of the month. In fact I heard that some companies may close some of their store's, just because of low or no inventory. Buy some seed. Dig up that grass and plant food. Use the water you usually put on the grass to water the veggies. Then store some water also.i have some empty milk jugs that I washed out with soap and water then filled with tap water. Did you know you can bathe or shower with less than one gallon of water???

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3527 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3527 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2020 :  10:59:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We see the same kind of shortages here in Florida. People don't even prepare for Hurricanes like they are doing for this virus! The toilet paper seems out of synch with it's rating as most important and the same with bottled water. Our water system is not a risk like in a hurricane and most people will never use all the toilet paper they have stashed away. What I do think is priority are any must take medications that can be ordered more than one month at a time, a working thermometer , Tylenol or Ibuprofen for fever control and plenty of liquids and easy to fix foods.

What seems to make the most sense right now for everyone besides handwashing is social distancing so that potential coronavirus carriers are not infecting others who then take it back and spread it to the most vulnerable family members and neighbors. They talk about social distancing as the most effective tool we have right now to help flatten the upward curve of the increasing outbreak. By social distancing, we can all help to prevent the spread which will help all of us overall by keeping more people safe and fewer deaths. Also, as soon as the testing sites become available, anyone who is showing symptoms or knows that they have been in contact with an infected person, can go and get tested. But, we all have to remember, the test is just a snapshot for that day. You can get exposed and test positive the next week. If we are staying out of crowds and practicing good handwashing and keeping our hands from our faces, we can help ourselves and our nation. If only people had known about these very simple and easy ways to stop the spread of diseases like Coronavirus and Flu, the pandemic 1918 flu epidemic might not have taken as many lives. I read that more soldiers died in the 1918 Flu pandemic than they did on the battlefield. The close quarters fo soldiers fighting in trenches was a huge incubator for the quick and massive spread. It is horrifying to imagine that in such an awful war, that Flu became a greater threat than the fighting did the last year of the war.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2020 :  12:54:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The problem is that folks buy a whole lot of what they think people will be desperate for. Then they jack the price sky high, and hope to sell it to those who have need. I just read about two brothers in Tenn. Who are sitting on 17,700 bottles of hand sanitizer, due to their greed. Ha ha! Amazon and eBay began to crack down on these price gougers. I'll bet they claim to be Christians too. I do not think anyone who takes advantage of others will be going to heaven.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Mar 15 2020 12:56:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2020 :  12:55:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TexasGran

The problem is that folks buy a whole lot of what they think people will be desperate for. Then they jack the price sky high, and hope to sell it to those who have need. I just read about two brothers in Tenn. Who are sitting on 17,700 bottles of hand sanitizer, due to their greed. Ha ha! Amazon and eBay began to crack down on these price gougers. I'll bet they claim to be Christians too. I do not think anyone who takes advantage of others will be going to heaven.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Project Discussions: Previous Topic March 2020 ~ Spring on the horizon Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page