Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 March 2020 ~ Spring on the horizon
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic March 2020 ~ Spring on the horizon Next Topic
Page: of 5

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2020 :  4:54:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you have any thing planned to celebrate the arrival of Spring this month?
I am looking forward to some warmer weather and being able to get outside more.
I enjoy cleaning up my porch and getting it ready for use as well as airing out the house and getting some fresh air inside. I also look forward to sunny breezy days for hanging out the laundry and airing out quilts. Getting some of that sunshine smell in the bedrooms.
We have a few household projects we are hoping to get done soon.
Of course, we should be getting some seed catalogs soon too.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2020 :  7:17:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I a!ready have cucumber plants that are really trying to out grow the other tiny seedlings. Every tomato seed came up. I had no idea I had put more than two tiny seeds in each little peat thingy. So tomorrow I need to divide, put into peat pots and let them grow.
My onion sets are getting little green "leaves" coming out at the tops of some. Hopefully I will see more this coming week.
I had ordered seeds in October, November and January so we only had to purchase cabbage seeds.
It was so nice today. My back door stayed open. But yes, Denise I agree with you...our house needs to air out. My clothes line is broken. My goal is to put up a new one. The old one became so over shadowed with tree limbs, one finally broke it down. I just don't know where it could be put......
I am so ready for spring too!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6080 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6080 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2020 :  5:14:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well this is different but I maybe finally having my knee surgery, On March 26

I am meeting a new Orthopedic Surgeon in Eureka, which is about 20 miles away verses 4 hours.
That would be a nice Spring for me.
It is pretty here today, just cool wind.

Have a good and blessed week end everyone.

love you all!
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3527 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3527 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2020 :  11:10:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great news Darlene!! I hope can get your surgery done in March and finally get this issue resolved so that you can be fully mobile come Summer!! Keep us posted on what is happening!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2020 :  6:05:19 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Great news, Darlene. Now that you have a doctor to meet hopefully the surgery will be scheduled soon.

I've been super busy with packing, rearranging, more packing, unpacking some of it, getting the granite put in, and this past week the painters removed all the popcorn on the ceilings, textured and painted the ceilings, and painted the picture-frame paneling in the living room 2 colors - Natural Linen on the paneling and Pure white on the trim. The living room was pretty dark because there are only 2 windows on the north side and we have large trees there so not much light gets in. Now it is a lot brighter! YAY! Ed still has to paint my sewing areas and the bedrooms, but they can be done a little at a time. He says he will be staying at the new house this week so that he can get a lot done. After my quilting rooms are painted I can start organizing them. I am having trouble packing everything in my current sewing/crafting house - it seems when I pack another box, more stuff appears - on and on again.

I have been selling things on Marketplace to try to reduce what we have to move. Made $480 this week. Hope more sells, too.

I'll post before during and after pix this week on the picture frame paneling in the living room.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2020 :  10:02:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
March arrived like a sweet little lamb. It was a beautiful day. Some sunshine, some clouds, but no big wind...thank you God!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2706 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2706 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2020 :  4:36:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene, that is great news! And wouldn't it be great to not have to drive so far!! Please keep us posted!
Linda, what a job!!! We have been in our house for 35 years. One thing about moving every so often is that you get to clean and purge. I think that will be a project for this coming year...taking a cupboard at a time, cleaning, donating, hoping that my husband doesn't notice....haha!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2020 :  4:47:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene that sure would be wonderful if you could get this done and behind you!

Our March came in very windy so hopefully it won't go out that way.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Mar 02 2020 4:48:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2020 :  12:13:09 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well, got the picture frame paneling painted and the granite countertops in, so at least 2 things are done at the new house. Ed is going tot paint my quilting rooms, the bedrooms, and bathrooms himself. They are okay, just want them painted a little lighter color.

Here are before, during and after pictures of the picture frame paneling:

I love the Natural Linen (pale beige) and Pure White (really has a few drops of umber in the gallon) on the paneling. The cabinets and shelves then are also the white. We removed the wood countertop and put in the same granite as the kitchen (and master bathroom).

Sorry I haven't been on much. Going between these two houses is taking a toll on the gas mileage and computer time. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2020 :  1:39:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda that is beautiful. Are the floors wood throughout the house?

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2706 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2706 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2020 :  3:07:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, that is beautiful! I'm going to show my husband how pretty paneling can be when it's painted. We have it in our living room (circa mid 60s) and he loves it....

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2020 :  4:42:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My living room is paneled and was an ugly brown when we moved in. Several years later I painted it white. You know it looks like ship lap run the wrong way. Ha!
Ever I time I mention painting the kitchen my husband says no. No! So I have left it. It is much prettier, a honey color.
So Debbie if your husband loves wood, like mine does he may not like the idea of painting.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2020 :  06:56:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda,
That is just beautiful. So nice to get it done and move in all fresh and clean and just the way you want it!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1276 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1276 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2020 :  10:33:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"painting the kitchen" is a touchy phrase around here. Back in 2002 it was our turn for the family Christmas. I decided we should paint the kitchen so two weeks before Thanksgiving we started. Then we decided to remodel since nothing had been done in the kitchen since 1950. We tore the place up. The week before Thanksgiving my car died (it was only 27 years old). DHs truck broke down next. Shopping for building materials became a problem. Christmas was fast approaching and we had a torn-apart kitchen. My son loaned us his truck for a day. DH quickly enclosed the patio and we hung pretty sheets to cover the plywood, got a big Christmas tree, moved the wood stove out there and added chairs. Since our family holidays are always potlucks there was plenty of food, so with that and our tiny living room we managed quite well. It was definitely a Christmas I will never forget, but anytime I suggest painting something I get "the look" from DH. Painting the kitchen has come to mean starting something simple that turns into a major thing. The kitchen did get finished about 6 months later with new cabinets, appliances, removing part of a wall, and some major electrical work.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2020 :  12:54:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, Judith, that is a Christmas to remember! I think you must be enjoying that new kitchen too!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6080 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6080 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2020 :  3:17:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda how beautiful! It looks lovely!

Have a great evening

Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3527 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3527 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2020 :  05:51:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, your new kitchen is pretty and I know you are going to enjoy having such a new and upgraded space to function in! You must be anxious to get this all done and move and get settled. Keep us posted on how things move forward, and pictures are always the best when you have time to share!! Good luck ! When is move in day?

Judith, I know what you experienced with t seemingly simple project now up to a several month project with a lot more money before it all got done! Every big project that we have done blew past that 2-3 week estimate to a 3-4 month duration!! It never seems to happen on schedule for one reason or another. And I it gets tiresome to have the house in a state of upheaval for so long with endless frustrations along the way. It all makes we shudder when I think about doing any sort of brig project in my own home these days and there are several I would like to take on.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2020 :  06:33:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm with you gals on the projects. Nothing is ever easy around here. One thing always leads to another.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2020 :  10:51:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been standing here looking out the kitchen window for the last 20 minutes watching a wonderful show. Regardless of the rainy weather there was sitting all alone on a branch for the last twenty minutes, a cardinal. He showed up yesterday too. A little wren stopped on a branch nearby and the cardinal flew to another tree where a suet cake hangs. Almost as soon as he landed a red-headed woodpecker showed up to taste the suet. After a bit he headed off to find bugs in a tree near. In swoops another red cardinal on a tree of his own. He left and headed for the other suet cake while the first one flew down to find something interesting on the ground with the wrens. It's almost like someone called lunch and they all headed in to see. This went on to make quite an entertaining half hour.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2706 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2706 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2020 :  10:57:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Judith, I know exactly what you mean! Years ago, I took Brad with me to look at a small kitchen table. Of course, he got under it and then told me how poorly it was built, etc. and we shouldn't spend the money on it. That somehow opened up a whole can of worms and we ended up getting new floor, tile, sink, wallpapered over the kitchen paneling and added a couple of new cabinets and a hutch. He also cringes now whenever I suggest a "small project"!
Marilyn, Brad LOVES wood! And of course, the wood paneling in the living room is REAL WOOD, not the "fake stuff" that they use for paneling now! haha So, to paint it....probably not going to happen! We have oak trim in a good part of the house. A few years ago, I repainted out upstairs bedroom and bathroom and decided that oak trim plus the bathroom cabinets were going to be painted a pretty creamy white. It looks great! But the first time he came up to check on what I was doing, I thought he was going to keel over! He's used to it now...I said that oak has never looked better!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2020 :  2:06:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene: So glad you are scheduling your knee surgery. I had mine done in the spring and it went well and the weather kept me upbeat.
Linda, your kitchen is delicious! So glad for you. When we had ours done, I went from dark walnut cupboards to white with white floor and white marble formica. Just love it. The walls are a soft grass green.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2020 :  3:47:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, several years ago we watched and laughed at the cardinals in our front yard. I had a sprinkler going and they had a blast, they bathed, played, and preened. It was delightful entertainment!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2020 :  3:48:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, several years ago we watched and laughed at the cardinals in our front yard. I had a sprinkler going and they had a blast, they bathed, played, and preened. It was delightful entertainment!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6080 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6080 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2020 :  4:19:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are foggy and cool today, not so pretty!

Hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2020 :  4:29:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn,
I just love bird watching and I couldn't believe that first cardinal sat there on the branch in the rain just looking around for 20 minutes. He had been here yesterday too but there weren't any others around then, just him.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2020 :  5:48:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Decided to do some fun on my nails to celebrate!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Project Discussions: Previous Topic March 2020 ~ Spring on the horizon Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page