Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 What we are working on ~ 2020
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic What we are working on ~ 2020 Next Topic
Page: of 24

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9575 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9575 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2020 :  04:53:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie she does. In fact I forgot to take a picture. This is one she put on Facebook. She loves purple and she saw a baby one I did a while back. She said she'd like one but just joking so she was happily surprised when she opened it.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2020 :  08:51:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Every day this week, I have been taking on a daily small project of cleaning up, putting away, and sorting out what to send to thrift store. I decided to take it in small bites so that I don't lose momentum and it has worked pretty good. right after Christmas, I made a long list of little changes to declutter areas, a bit of rearranging things here and there, and new ideas for future projects. Anyone thinking about a new badge to work on?? I really enjoyed doing the two this past Summer and I am trying to keep up the interest and discipline to do a few more this year. They are such great opportunities to learn, have fun and improve. I have gotten so lazy since I retired and so, I am challenging myself to think about another badge to work on. Seriously, when I think about all the interesting pursuits that swirl around in my head all the time, I need to do something more concrete about making those ideas happen. Anyone else find they need to give themselves a push?

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2718 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2718 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2020 :  10:17:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie, that sounds like a great way to spend some time during the cold months. I have a couple of projects that I want to work on here in a couple of weeks. I need to finish going through pictures and weeding them out and putting the rest into an album. I'm also doing a huge purge of my cookbooks! I love cookbooks but I want to simplify. I'm going to go through each one, mark a recipe if it looks good and photocopy it. Then I'll put them in a file and make an effort to try a new recipe every week or two from the file before I add it to my recipe binder. I don't think that I'll tell Brad that he's going to get to try some new things...you never know, sometimes they are a winner!
I read on the main forum yesterday that the new badges will be announced in our new sisterhood issue, hopefully in our inboxes by tomorrow. I'm excited to see what they have come up with for us! I haven't done any badges all year and I really miss doing them. I enjoyed learning new things and having a focus and a goal. I am definitely going to finish ones that I haven't completed AND start some new ones, just haven't decided which, yet. I'm really thinking about the basketry badge. We have so many pine needles and I want to try and make a basket from them. I need to go through my planner and see what looks interesting!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9575 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9575 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2020 :  10:34:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah, just lost my longish post. Will have to post later.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2020 :  11:18:20 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I hate when that happens, Denise. I really need to weed out, but I have been in bed for 2 days with my allergies or a cold or something. I had to get a Covid test this morning, because when I canceled my PT for last Monday, they said I had to have a negative Covid test before I can come back. I haven't felt like doing much. Ed has been a good nurse. Lol!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017

Edited by - quiltee on Dec 31 2020 11:19:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2020 :  12:10:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, sooooo pretty!!!!

Connie
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9575 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9575 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2020 :  7:34:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, putting you in my prayer list.

We cleaned up the last bit of craft area tonight. My dd and granddaughter were here and we were looking for something to do. Mainly we straightened and cleaned so I still need to go through things and purge a bit more. They just left and didn't think they could make it till 12. We probably won't either. Everyone worked today so we are all tired.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jan 02 2021 3:24:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2021 :  2:18:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, you are blessed with a hubby who is a nurse!
Prayers!!
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2021 :  8:49:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, I hope you feel much better. Allergies have been bad this winter. My husband got sick before Christmas. His went quickly into his chest. So he went to get a little bottle of musinex, the first of four! Then he began to cough. So we had to go get a bottle of whiskey, some lemons and honey to stir up some cough syrup.
Funny thing I got a headache. Because I tasted the product to be sure it was ok. I only tasted twice as I adjusted the honey and lemon and very little, but my head was not happy!
Anyway he is fine now. So I hope you are fine as well!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1290 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1290 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2021 :  12:02:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn -- we make the same cough syrup only I use rum instead of whiskey. I keep a couple of those little airplane-size bottles around for emergencies. It works as good as any of the commercial stuff and has the added benefit of having a little vitamin C from the lemons.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2021 :  12:47:08 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ok I'm out of rum, but have some whiskey. What are the proportions for this cough syrup? Lol.
Also, I have COVID. Ed just went to Walmart pharmacy for 2 prescriptions for me.

My doctor also said that many people that think they have allergies, also have Covid. She has had more cases were people thought they had allergies and waited to get tested then when they finally did they had Covid. The symptoms are the same.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Jan 04 2021 12:48:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1290 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1290 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2021 :  9:08:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda -- equal parts of each.
We are hoping that you will have a very mild case. Just keep telling yourself it is only allergies....
DH saw your name on the Christmas card and wants to know if your husband is related to a Ruth Bullard. She was DH's grandma. Maybe we are kissing cousins :-)

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2021 :  1:26:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, I juice the lemon into about 1/3 cup of honey and 1/3 cup of whiskey...I do not measure, so that is why I had to taste to see if it was ok. Usually two tablespoons is plenty for me. The best thing...I learned when I was young...it knocks me out or makes me sleep! When you are sick, often times you need sleep so badly...but between coughing, etc, you an not get enough!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2021 :  1:47:46 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Judith -

I'll ask Ed - most of his relatives are in Michigan, or at least grew up there. There are a lot of ballards where we are living now that we don't think are related. LOL!

I will try to make some, though Ed won't use it - he doesn't drink at all.

I read in an old cookbook my mother had once that cough syrup was made with gun powder in it and I wondered what happened if someone took it and then coughed. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Jan 06 2021 12:33:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1290 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1290 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2021 :  4:02:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda -- I think Dana said his grandparents lived in Hamilton Texas. He quit drinking some years ago but will drink the cough syrup if I give it to him. In small amounts, like a tablespoon at a time, not in a tall glass over ice :-)
Drinking gunpowder doesn't appeal to me at all. Could be an explosive moment if you had metal fillings and used a metal spoon. Women probably gave it to their men because of the saltpeter ingredient - LOL

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9575 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9575 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2021 :  04:24:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I, like Winnie, will have to take sorting and straightening my fabric and project stash in small bites. With granddaughter's help I managed to get one drawer sorted through. A little rabbit trail of what I could make with this or that but not a project already so didn't bag any of it. The next drawer looked like a doozy of a job so we left that for later today.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jan 08 2021 04:26:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2021 :  09:28:27 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Judith - We have a local news page and I can ask about Ballard relatives here for your husband if he wants. Since this is Texas you may get some. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

mbenton16
True Blue Farmgirl

190 Posts

Maryellen
Denver North Carolina
USA
190 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2021 :  6:59:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda I hope you are feeling better. My mothers maiden name was Ballard and she was born in Michigan. So many people have been touched by this Covid so sad. Maryellen

Maryellen Benton
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9575 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9575 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2021 :  07:35:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Still working on sorting and organizing fabrics. Seems never ending but it will be much easier when I go to get something for a project.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6088 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6088 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2021 :  11:29:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

This is my project of the moment.

It’s raining here!
Have a good day.

Hugs
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2021 :  9:59:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been reading and reading...so much my eyes need a rest. After I read the information, reread it, let it sink in...then I read it to my hubby. Call my son to ask what he has learned about the subject.So when there internet goes down my eyes will get a nice rest.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2021 :  10:07:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Judith, ask your husband if he remembers the Wood and Robinson grocery store on the corner of the square in Hamilton, Texas. Mr. Robinson was my daddy's brother, making him my uncle. He was a very nice man! My mother was transferred from Snyder to Hamilton, after I was married. She was the old age assistance lady. Her name was Kay Robinson.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2021 :  10:09:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene your painting is beautiful!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1290 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1290 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  9:02:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn -- DH never lived there. His mother moved to California before he was born. What's left of his family is now mostly in and around the Fort Worth area.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2718 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2718 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2021 :  07:40:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene, you're going to be having your own art show one of these days!!!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 24 Project Discussions: Previous Topic What we are working on ~ 2020 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page