hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2019 :  6:37:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello sweet friends! Where is everyone? I have had the worst time with the internet lately, not to mention my morning sickness! Hoping everyone is well <3

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2694 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2694 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2019 :  6:43:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm here! And so thankful fall is on the way! It sounds like you have had a busy summer with your kids and 4H...congratulations to all of them!
Morning sickness???

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2019 :  6:53:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, it has been EXTREMELY busy! Sammi even won a trip to state fair! That was an adventure in itself! And yes, morning sickness!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2694 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2694 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2019 :  7:04:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How far did you have to travel to the state fair? Ours starts this week. It's about 2.5 hours away. We generally don't go. But this year we are receiving a Century Farm award for our farm and have to go to the awards ceremony.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2019 :  7:49:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So Shannon you are expecting a new little one? That is exciting. We're you surprised?

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
895 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2019 :  02:38:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon!! That is soooo exciting, congratulations!!

We started an air bnb this summer, so it’s been super duper busy here between that and gardening/canning!

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

April 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9460 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9460 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2019 :  04:00:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not quite over at least here we will get warmer Temps through September. But I do look forward to fall.

Congratulations Shannon on the new little one!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2019 :  05:46:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
State fair is about 2.5 to three hours away. This is our first time going down for it. I'm glad we all made it, as right afterwards, the suburban died, hahaha, so we are now house bound until Brad can get it fixed.

Yes, we are expecting another little one. I'm thinking I'm due the beginning of March, so about 12 weeks today. It came as a HUGE surprise, as we were talking about getting a hysterectomy, to try to help with my anemia... The iron infusions have seemed to help, but not all the way. We had even gotten rid of the crib! I'm still adjusting to the idea. The idea of another cesarean puts fear in me!!! I do NOT want to feel this one!

Joyce - oh how fun! How has it gone????? Our garden seems to be doing fairly well, though we still are not getting any bell peppers! Cucumbers, tomatoes, hot peppers and zucchini are doing great right now!

Thank you everyone for the congrats. Please don't say anything on Facebook, as our families still do n to know... Neither side is going to be happy!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2694 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2694 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2019 :  08:28:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joyce, that sounds exciting! How are you liking it? I can imagine it would be a lot of work but also rewarding.
Shannon, congrats on your new little one! These surprises turn out to be great blessings! No worries, nothing will be mentioned.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2019 :  08:39:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, God's will! When you do tell your families, tell them it was God's will! Who knows, some day this little one might be president. Hugs and love as well as prayers!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4051 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4051 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2019 :  2:24:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Congratulations Shannon on your new little one. I know you are scared of a C-Section but what a Blessing for you and your Family. Mums the word on Facebook.
And Congratulations Joyce On your Air BNB it sounds like fun and I wish you much success.
Congratulations Debbie on your Farm Award that is really exciting. I think you will have fun at the fair. Ours is about an hour away but in the 23 years we have lived in Colorado we have never been.
Denise anymore ideas on where you are going to move?
Sadly it looks like we will be moving and leaving Colorado next Spring. We are sad about it but, our Son Kent is sick with a rare disease that is not curable. It can only be treated to slow the progression, and he needs to live below 3000 feet to have a quality of life. We now live at 9000. We are so heartbroken! You ladies are the only ones I have told, we have not told even family yet. We found it a week ago. He has a Cardiologist and we see a pulmonologist in 2 weeks to start treatment. He is on Oxygen now. I tell you we can hardly believe this, Kent is only 43years old!
He misses the ocean so we are looking at the Pacific Northwest, we really like Oregon and have actually lived on the Pacific coast for a few months in 2007 so we will see.
Moving again. Ugh! Thank you for letting me unburden and share.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Farmgirl if the Month for:
September 2012, February 2018 and September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains and the Ocean.” Lord Bryon
When I am old I am wearing Purple. I am Old!!

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Aug 23 2019 5:22:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2019 :  5:03:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On Debbie, I'm so sorry your young son is so ill. Please feel our Farm girl hugs around you!
Why are so many young people sick with such incurable things? Both of my grand daughters, your young son! Prayers for him and you and your husband.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4051 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4051 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2019 :  8:16:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you so much Marilyn. And prayers for your Granddaughters too.

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2694 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2694 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2019 :  8:21:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Deb, I'm so sorry about your son. I will keep all of you in my prayers. Let's pray that the treatment will help him immensely. Oregon could be a nice place to live!!!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
895 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2019 :  05:13:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie - Congrats on your farm award!! That's so exciting! I'd love to see pictures of your farm :)

Debbie - I'm so sorry your son is so ill. Praying for him, and for you as you move.

I LOVE the Air BnB - I didnt' realize I would love it so much! It's going extremely well - we opened August 1st, and we are booked solid for the month, except one day. Exciting!! Here's a link to it:
https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/37075713?preview_for_ml=true&source_impression_id=p3_1566648775_a4MhFS8rHcUH9%2Bh7

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9460 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9460 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2019 :  07:08:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Debbie so sorry about Kent and his having to go through this. Praying for all of you and for your upcoming move.

It is my desire to move closer to to our Ohio family but it would be difficult to be so far from the grands who have been growing up with us here. So I don't know but I know the Lord has a plan for us and where we go we are depending on Him to show us. It has to involve a job for JT.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4051 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4051 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2019 :  11:44:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Joyce, Debbie and Denise we certainly do need all the prayers we can get.
This is such a struggle for Kent accepting that he is sick as it is for us as his parents. But, we are a close, strong family and we will help him accept the disease, start treatment then fight it!

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2019 :  4:33:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So Joyce, I looked at your linked information. That is so cute. Did y'all build the cottage specifically for airb&b? How big is the cottage? Do you have plans to build another of more cottages???
Once upon a time a out 32 years ago I left teaching for one school year plus two summers. My great adventure was managing eight cabins and a 100 seat Restaurant for our friends. It was on Lake Whitney, in Texas. Many times, when I was getting salads and desserts made for the evening crowds, the phone would ring. Some guy in Dallas would ask " Is the wind blowing? How windy is it? " He was itchin' to go fishin'. So I guess I was also the weather reporter. No two days were alike, each filled with fun, long hours, & great folks.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
895 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2019 :  5:17:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ahhhh....I love that story, Marilyn! My husband built it all. It’s a building that he gutted and re-did. It was intended for air bnb, but that’s only June to September here, so September to May I will be teaching piano in it.

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2019 :  08:52:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my gracious! So much going on in all of your lives!!!

Debbie - I don't know that I ever told you congratulations on your farm! And yes, pictures would be lovely!!! What is the award for your farm? I so wish we could come up and visit!!! I'm sure this wee one is quite the blessing - it was just such a shock, hahaha.

Marilyn - sadly our families do not agree with it being God's will... they say God gave its the ability to prevent and we should. Sigh. My thing is, God didn't need us to figure out how to prevent... if it wasn't meant to be, He would prevent it Himself! But that argument doesn't go over well with our families!

Deb - Oh how my heart hurts for you, Tom, and Kent! I am so so sorry sweet friend!!! Most definitely praying for all of you!!!

Joyce - LOVE it!!! We need to come visit and use it <3

Denise - I missed you are moving!!! Why? I can see why you would be struggling so much!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2694 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2694 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2019 :  08:54:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joyce, your cabin looks so cozy and cute! I love all of the reviews....fresh jam, eggs and brownies! It makes me want to pack my bag and head to PEI! I am excited for you!
I would be happy to post some pictures of our farm. Does anyone know if it's possible to post more than 1 photo per post...I've seen some where it looks like a picture collage? I don't know how to do that...I should ask my daughter for some computer help.
The award was for becoming a Century Farm. There is a LONG application and you have to provide records, pictures, documentation proving that your family has either farmed or ranched on the property for 100 years. 15 farms received the award this year and 5 received their 150 year status! Our daughter did all of the paperwork and my husband wrote out all of the family history. I will get a picture on here soon. I'm waiting for some pictures that were taken at the state fair but Brad is wanting to get a picture of the whole family here at home.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
895 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2019 :  05:01:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How exciting, Debbie!

I do wish you would pack your bags and come visit :) Oh - the fun we would have!!!

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9460 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9460 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2019 :  10:45:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joyce,
Your cottage is just beautiful. Would love to be able to take a trip to PEI and stay a weekend. Maybe for our anniversary next year!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
895 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2019 :  12:12:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh please do, Denise! It would be such a pleasure to host you on your anniversary!

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2019 :  10:37:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is an awesome award Debbie. Congratulations.
Well Shannon, every child is from God and a beautiful gift. I think your families are concerned for your health...but God takes such good care of us...I believe you will be fine. Pioneer women had large families.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2694 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2694 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2019 :  10:26:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, your comment about pioneer families teminded me of this. I took a picture of this display at the Oregon Trail visitor center last fall. Those pioneer women were tough! I cannot imagine a day like this woman had....

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Summer is gone???? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page