Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 August ~2019 Dog Days of Summer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic August ~2019 Dog Days of Summer Next Topic
Page: of 5

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2019 :  11:47:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie, my daughter in law grew up in Wisconsin. Several years ago she came home with some dishes. She was quite proud of them. A few were from her mother's left overs but most she picked up at antique or junk shops. They have wheat on them. Not what this flower lover calls pretty, but Julie likes them.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1273 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1273 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2019 :  1:06:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fuller brush man -- had wonderful pine bubble bath, Watkins man had good vanilla, and my kids loved the pudding from the Jewel tea man.
My sewing room won't be restored to me until we find a home for the orphan kittens who are presently living there.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9531 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9531 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2019 :  4:18:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Winnie that is not a picture of me. I have very few pictures of myself as a youngster. Being the 4th born by then they didn't take to many pictures of me. I found that one online. I do have two baby pictures of me but that is all.
I remember when the rag man used to come around. He also happened to be my uncle. He always had something and my mom always had lots rags she would save for him. I always wondered what he did with them and how they could be worth anything.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2019 :  7:54:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Judith, perhaps the kittens can live out side your back door like ours do. I asked my son if they could sleep in the igloo he had for Shadow. So now it is also by the back door. I love those two, sweet yellow Tom cats.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1273 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1273 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2019 :  9:12:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately, none our cats can go outside anymore. They jump the fence to sit in the morning sun in the front yard. About six months ago one was horribly mangled and killed by a dog. I'm currently trying to come up with some "catio" plans so they can safely enjoy the outdoors again.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9531 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9531 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2019 :  06:06:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today is Customer Appreciation day at our local antique/junking shop. So, I am going to pick up my Victoria and go see what they have. We always seem to find some goodies. Either there or at another shop on the way back, Acorn Village. Then I am coming home to tidy up and put out my fall decor.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2019 :  08:18:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
August is winding down and cooler days are ahead but for now it's hot. I ordered groceries today to be delivered tomorrow. Oscar Myer Lunchables are on sale so I stocked up to see me through this heat. Got enough for about 2 weeks. They will make a quick and easy lite supper when I am too fatigued to mess with a proper meal.

Talked with my next door neighbor when I went outside for herbs. She is delivering groceries for Skipcart that delivers for Walmart. Paris now has two companies that home deliver. Instacart delivers for Brookshires, Kroger, CVS, and Aida.

I ordered pie crust and instant tapioca for my Victory pie for Apple Pie Sunday. I don't like leaving things to the last minute. My kitchen and myself runs a lot smoother if I plan ahead.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9531 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9531 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2019 :  2:17:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is so handy to have delivery for groceries now. My daughter does a pick up after ordering and she doesn't have to take anyone out of the car. Much easier for those who need it.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9531 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9531 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2019 :  5:29:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I finally got to do my peaches and peach freezer jam today. It came out really well. Glad to have that done. Tomorrow if it is cooler is going to be bread baking day. Coming to the end of August. I can't say I am going to miss it though it does seem to have gone by rather quickly.
I did get a few fall things out today but not everything as I didn't have the time. Was working on a few swap packages and now have everything ready to go.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6078 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6078 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2019 :  6:17:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear about your kitty Judith,
Sara your pie sounds good.
Denise your freezer jam sounds good and cold, I could do with that right now, it is hot here.
Marilyn it is fun to go to junk shops, I miss that.

Hugs
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Project Discussions: Previous Topic August ~2019 Dog Days of Summer Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page