Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Fireworks, fireflies & fun-July 2019
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Fireworks, fireflies & fun-July 2019 Next Topic
Page: of 6

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2019 :  10:40:55 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good for you, Sara. I usually go to the linens and kitchen areas, too.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2019 :  03:12:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie I saw two long range forecasts yesterday. They both said it is about to get a good bit cooler for folks in ND, SD, wisconsin, Ill., IN, all the way down to Arkansas. So you may have a long cool early August. They both predict it will last 5-8 days. Meanwhile we are sitting in a warmer spot.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3522 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3522 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2019 :  10:20:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are back home from Canada where we enjoyed time with friends at various locations. Three of the days were spent at a simple cabin on Otty Lake, which is about an hour outside of the capital city of Ottawa. We had 3 days of temps in the upper 70s and mornings in the upper 50s!!!!!! It was so wonderful to escape the Florida heat! Toronto and Montreal were both back to being hot and a bit humid. Everyone up there is happy to have a warm spell because the winter months are brutally cold. Canada is a beautiful country and the people are all very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed the week a great deal !!

Meanwhile, back here at the home front, these teeny little ants, that have been here off and on for years, were back in droves in my kitchen!!!! I spent the day yesterday dealing with the cleaning up of all drawers while setting out Terro Bait in strategic locations. The ants came in huge lines for the bait areas for hours. Today, however, there were just a few so I put out fresh bait and hoped for the best. Terro always works to push them back, But I think they live outside and/or in the house walls, so every so often we get an outbreak in a room or two. Farmgirls, I have the CLEANEST cabinets and kitchen drawers since I moved in here in 1985!! LOL!! My favorite Ace Hardware store had gallon Ball canning jars. Happily, I got six and stored all dried items, like rice, beans etc, that were not already in jars. This should help prevent spills inside the areas that attract things like ants.

I can tell you that Florida is awfully hot and humid! Apparently they had rain everyday last week and the place looks and feels like a swamp. UGH! This next week is supposed to have afternoon storms but there is nothing wide spread about lots of rain for everyone. Thank Goodness!!! The next 8 weeks down here will be when the Hurricane season catches on and we will see more storms form in the Atlantic and Gulf. It is the longest and most miserable stretch of Summer down here primarily because it is relentlessly rainy, humid and hot. STEAMY HOT~!

Slowly today, I have plans to use the afternoon for several pending projects. The morning was devoted to Church and now I have promised myself to get into gear!! I am very happy to be home and able again to be inside our HenHouse for daily conversations!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015

Edited by - Red Tractor Girl on Jul 28 2019 10:23:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2019 :  7:09:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie, I have also chosen to put things in jars with screw on lids...because so many food grade products are in paper or cardboard boxes...like cereal, flour, sugar. I have mine in 1/2 gallon jars, just a few gallon and some quarts. I love the white plastic lids now available at Walmart. I have some food grade buckets with gamma seal lids that my hubby purchased at home depot, for larger quantity items.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2019 :  8:26:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie so glad you got to enjoy cooler temps! We had the ants a few years ago even in the mailbox!! I keep things in jars and tupperware!
Connie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Fireworks, fireflies & fun-July 2019 Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page