Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Learning Together: Bees, Butterflies and Plants
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Learning Together: Bees, Butterflies and Plants Next Topic
Page: of 4

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - May 04 2019 :  6:01:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gorgeous flowers gals. I can't wait until the weather is better for ours to bloom.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 04 2019 :  7:10:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have the most beautiful display of wild flowers this year! Yellow daisies, yellow dandelions, yellow wild mustard, and some tiny yellow flowes, then the Mexican hats, Indian paintbrushes, then the reds enter the picture, then there Are some purples and blues. Pale pink butter cups and today I saw a white flower grouping. Pastures, road sides, they are abundant. All this rain has made God's handiwork really stand out. I have never seen such large wild flowers or so many different kinds and colors.
The other thing I've noticed is that the wild flowers are early, blue bonnets came out in March, and today I saw a purple thistle, which is usually a late June or July bloomer.
They are pretty.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2703 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2703 Posts

Posted - May 05 2019 :  10:18:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful flowers, girls! I can't wait for ours to start blooming here. We're supposed to get into the 80s this week, hopefully things will start blooming soon.
I just got home from 6 days in southern CA and the flowers there are SO pretty! There is a white blooming jasmine that grows everywhere and smells so good! I wish I could remember its exact name. I had found some at our Home Depot last year but it didn't winter well. I'm going to try to find some and replant. I would love to have it growing by my back patio.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9521 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9521 Posts

Posted - May 05 2019 :  11:20:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie, enjoy those temps we can't see to make our way to far into the 70s. Tomorrow is supposed to warm up to 76. I'm enjoying it in between raindrops here. This is the wettest May we've had in years. We usually get a 90 degree day sometime by the middle of the month. I'm enjoying what we have in our flowers and I've seen some bees around. The lilacs are all done now but I have 40+ buds on my rose bush. I cut it back last year and it has grown fuller but I've counted over 60 buds at one time on it.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on May 05 2019 11:21:10 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Learning Together: Bees, Butterflies and Plants Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page