Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Happy Spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2019
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Happy Spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2019 Next Topic
Page: of 2

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2019 :  9:29:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, do you have a water well? City water is not good! It contains chlorine and flouride. Bottled water comes from city water sources. Unless you read your labels carefully, I think Hadlee found one that she believes is safe.
I bought an Alexa Pure water filtration device. It is similar to the big berkey.
We are in the five mile circle where a plant was located with some barrels that contained ??? And over the years leached into the ground. We are on the line but it is better to be safe than sorry.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2019 :  9:33:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie I love that y'all had such a beautiful day to play out doors. Sunshine does ones heart so much good. God bless you.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2019 :  11:54:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This afternoon, I experimented with using our paper shredder to create paper Easter grass. I used yellow and green craft paper I had on hand. Here is how it turned out.

The shreds are shorter than I anticipated, but I like the idea of paper grass and if I used more pastel shades of paper, I think the paper grass would be very nice in an easter gift basket instead of the plastic fake grass in the stores. Real pretty paper grass is kinda expensive and this might make a much nicer option. I would like to get some purple and light yellow paper and make them together.

I also made up a dye bath using turmeric and dyed some small fabric pieces and some reeds for a small basket. Two weeks ago, I dyed some reeds with beet juice that I saved from cooking real beets. The reeds turned out to be a nice light pink. The Tumeric is giving a much brighter result so far. The two might be pretty together for a spring basket.

It is a beautiful day here with warm temps and a light breeze. The windows are open and it is just a beautiful Spring day!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2019 :  12:28:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have cut shreds of paper with my paper shredded also. When the girls were in school I would make orange paper grass to make my donations for the fall festival booths pop. A few cookies, wrapped in Saran wrap or a plastic bag... nestled in a bed of paper shreds looks better than just a bag of cookies.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2019 :  12:31:30 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Marilyn - Neither my place nor Ed's has a well. We are both on city water. My refrigerator has a filter, though I do not know how well those work.

I will get some of the Turmeric powder, green tea, and candied ginger and try your recipes. Thank you.

Connie - I found that tea at WalMart. I can't wait to try it.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9521 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9521 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2019 :  04:36:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The best filtration system is an RO unit. They use them to make the purest water. We have small one under our sink we use that water for drinking and cooking.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Mar 25 2019 04:37:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2019 :  05:53:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Reverse Osmosis is awesome, but we don't have one, wish I did! Our local water shop does sell RO water for 50¢ a gallon. So we go there for water for our coffee maker. In fact Hadlee took several big jugs to fill for their house last Saturday, so along with my ten one gallon jugs we had to come home and unload, before we could go get groceries.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2019 :  05:55:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
People who have kidney stone problems have been cured by drinking RO water.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9521 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9521 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2019 :  06:02:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't know that about the RO water Marilyn.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2019 :  06:23:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The water shop man told me about two of his customers, one I know personally. He also told me that the coffee pot they use at the water shop is six years old, cost $16 at walmart, when they bought it. It has never stopped up. I buy two coffee pots a year. So RO water is the best!!!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Happy Spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2019 Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page