Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Wildflower Farmgirls
 Project Discussions
 March-ing Out of Winter!?!?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic March-ing Out of Winter!?!? Next Topic  

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2019 :  06:47:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone and Happy March! Our world here is still snow covered, in fact, we got another inch or so of snow last night! But there is a promise of Spring this month :) Even if only on the calendar, hahaha. For us, this is a month of preparing for the upcoming baby and gardening season. As long as I can work the soil some, I'll be building new garden boxes later this month and planting potatoes. Towards the end of the month, we will be getting our new laying chicks and waterfowl. I'm excited!!!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2019 :  06:54:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy March! As I look out my window this morning, it looks like the beginning of January, not March. We are buried in snow! Close to 3 feet! We don't usually get snow like this so late in the season but what a blessing!!! Our mountains and reservoirs desperately need it so we'll take it!!!
I have a stack of seed catalogs to look through. I just found some beautiful PINK sunflowers... I'm definitely going to order some of those. The local farm stores are taking orders for chicks and ducks so spring must be on the way! But I am so glad that I don't have animals to take care of right now.
Shannon, did you say baby???

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2019 :  06:58:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL! Debbie I was totally talking about baby animals!!!! No human babies!

We have around a foot of snow on the ground right now... Thankfully the roads haven't been bad at all this year! Just a day here or there! I'm thankful you guys are getting the precipitation you guys need!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4052 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4052 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2019 :  09:03:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh I wrote a whole letter almost and it was gone. Darn computers!
Happy March to all our Wildflower Gals. Debbie K. I too thought Shannon was pregnant. So what animal is pregnant Shannon.
Debbie K. We are still in full winter mode as well and will be until the middle to end of May when spring finally arrives. It is snowing now and will be all weekend.
March is one of my favorite months as it is our son Kent’s birthday and two favorite nephews. Also St. Patty’s Day, I always have celebrated the day but since doing my DNA and finding out I am 30% Irish, well we celebrate even more.
Enjoy the month my Wildflower Sister.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Farmgirl if the Month for:
September 2012, February 2018 and September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains and the Ocean.” Lord Bryon
When I am old I am wearing Purple. I am Old!!

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2019 :  09:27:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my gracious you guys are too funny!!!! With my health being the way it is, I cannot handle being pregnant again right now! I have to get it under control first!!!

As for pregnant animals - Goats! We have six goats expecting... 5 in April and one the first week of May <3

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4052 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4052 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2019 :  10:12:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, I can not wait for pictures, I love goats and babies are just so cute.

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2019 :  11:26:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, I remember the year my son and his family went to Wyoming, mid summer. The couple they were going to visit had been in Iowa visiting her parents and could not get through the pass near Sheridan until mid May. I was surprised at the stories that couple told of winter in Wyoming. Snowmobiling anywhere they wanted to go, because the snow was so deep you could not see a fence anywhere.
In Wisconsin there are trails of dirt??? They call them snowmobiling trails, now I wonder why they need a trail...maybe they don't get the huge deep shows as often.
I hope Your heavy blanket of white melts before Easter.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2019 :  11:27:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie did your book return to you?? I mailed it last Saturday.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4052 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4052 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2019 :  11:34:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, it sure did. I sent you an email, did u not get it? It was wonderful and it will always be treasured Marilyn. You truly touched my heart and I thank you so much:-)

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2019 :  07:11:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone! Got slammed with a "blizzard" last Wednesday... we were actually fortunate and did not get nearly as much snow as others, but the drifts! Oh my! Thankfully a neighbor came and dug hubby's truck out with his tractor! Now we have areas that literally have no snow, and other areas that have 5 foot drifts! Craziest thing I've ever seen!

Our family was hit hard with influenza a a couple weeks ago. We are finally starting to feel a little more human. Poor Jenni is still fighting occasional fevers! We are all battling with coughing and fatigue! Brad actually was off work a little over a week! Sadly we didn't get to enjoy it as most of us spent it in bed, hahaha.

Joyce - did you ever post what our March badges were? I need to go look and get on the ball with those!!!

So how did everyone's St Patrick's Day go? We made spinach and goat cheese quiche in the shape of shamrocks and rainbow fruit cup for breakfast and the Irish stew, soda bread, and creme de menthe pie for dessert. Yummy! We spent the day working on putting puzzles together. Sadly most of our puzzles are missing pieces, so I guess they are headed to the trash :'( Moving apparently was hard on them!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2019 :  3:06:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, many years ago when my son was in his early 20s, he and another young man he had graduated high school with, drove up to Oklahoma to watch a Team Roping event. As they began to drive back they realized that idea was insane, due to a big snow storm. So they got a room in Paul's Valley, Ok. The next day he probably called me twenty times! He said the drifts were higher than his head, and he is 6'5" tall. He was so excited! They spent the day pushing vehicles out of the snow. When some brave or crazy soul wanted to try to leave, these two kids who rarely saw snow, would help clear the snow off the person's vehicle, then help get the car out of the parking space, and on its way. The next day when they had to come on home. ..they drove for many miles on a solid sheet of ice, very slowly, just as all the other drivers.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Mar 18 2019 3:07:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4052 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4052 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2019 :  5:10:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love your Stories Marilyn, they are always so funny and interesting. You are a hoot.
Shannon your St. Patrick’s Day food sure sounds yummy. Wish I had been there to help with the puzzles.
We got hit real hard by the snow Storm most of our state actually. Worse we have seen in the over 21 years we have live here. Unfortunately due to all the major roads and our little roads being closed I could not get out to get some medical tests done I needed. They were rescheduled.
We had a fabulous St. Patrick’s Day, we had Corn Beef, Cabbage, Potatoes, onions and carrots, with Irish Soda Bread. For dessert I made Gluten Free Pistachio Cake. We ate well.
Now we wait for Spring, but we are due for more snow late Tuesday :-(

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2019 :  07:59:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today is the first day of Spring! And boy does it feel like it here! We are suppose to be in the mid-50s! All the snow is melting, but the ground is still super flooded, so everything is flooding, as the water has nowhere to go! It is so weird to see our desert area flooded!

So what is on everyone's agenda? I'm hoping to do more spring cleaning today... just needing to feel motivated, but I'm pretty sure the need for accomplishment is greater than my unmotivated feelings, lol. Does anyone else get like that???

Marilyn - what a great story of your son!

Debbie - did you get more snow yesterday? I think we are suppose to get some snow thi weekend, but not accumulating to much, thankfully. I'm ready to start planting!!!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2019 :  09:07:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks ladies. I hope you do get to plant your gardens soon.
We rely on our son to plow the garden with his big tractor tiller. Usually he does that in early February. He has not done it this year. Perhaps he knows how difficult it was for my husband to get out there last year. What I need from him now is to move the three holey water troughs up to my yard then scoop up some sand and fill them. He brought two up and filled them two years ago. One was our pepper bed. The other one has grown several things,and now has strawberries on one end. Mint and cilantro decided to inhabit the other end. I will probably put tomatoes in the middle.
With the economy like it is, once again people are a bit reluctant to build a brand new home, so he is doing remodeling jobs. Some are for folks who have waited and waited for him to get to them. Most of the jobs are a good drive from home. He and Bay went out west, almost to Abilene today.
His problem is when he goes to do a job, the people get to know him, they really like the work that he and his crew do, so they come up with more things for him to do. That is good, but it means he spends a great deal of time driving. He told me last week that he is trying to keep enough work for his crew, so they can pay their bills and eat. God has been good to him!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2019 :  9:09:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Judith, thank you so much for the radish seeds, the hankie, it is so sweet, and the MJF tea towel. It is a very sheer and special tea towel...like for a party! I love it all and your sweet note too. Thank you.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9463 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9463 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2019 :  5:04:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Judith, thank you for the package. I posted on the main forum.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic March-ing Out of Winter!?!? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: