Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Learning Together: Infection Control
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Learning Together: Infection Control Next Topic
Page: of 2

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6074 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6074 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2019 :  3:48:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sound like a good recipe Debbie.
I have heard about Elderberry tea for years and how healthy it is for you.
hug

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3522 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3522 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2019 :  06:03:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to add a note here regarding lingering coughs. Bad chest colds will cause asthma to flare and also linger if allergies, with post nasal drip, aggreavate your trachea as well. It is helpful to make sure your re treating the cause. If the cough is coming from post nasal drip, allergy medications should help stop the post nasal drip. If asthma is flared up, then your asthma medications should be taken as directed. For a post cold cough, plain Robitussin DM works very well day or night. Make sure you get it without added other drugs like Tylenol or Ibuprofen . Read the labels to make sure it is just the cough syrup. If you cannot take Robitussin, you might need to contact your doctor for a prescription. The cough reflex is in your brain and what helps is to take something that targets that reflex and shuts it down. You do need to clear out the congestion with coughing, but when you start and cannot stop, then you need something to quiet that cough reflex.

The real issue is to make sure you are not ignoring a secondary infection, like Bronchitis. If your cough is still lingering and or forcing you to bring up a lot of mucous, then a trip to the doctor is in order to make sure you don't need an antibiotic. If what you cough up tastes bad or is yellow or green, then you have a high possibility of infection and you will need a prescription to clear it up properly. Keep in mind that if you already have a chronic cough from allergies, COPD, asthma, or other lung issues, never try and treat a lingering cough without first makeing sure you don't have an infection. Sleeping at night is important so keeping that cough reflex asleep at the same time is helpful

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9522 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9522 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2019 :  3:52:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie the elderberry syrup does not taste bad.

I agree with Winnie on the coughing and a cough that won't go away. Elderberry helps but it is more of a preventive not a cure.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Learning Together: Infection Control Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page