hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2018 :  12:26:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today is a hard day for us... it is my father-in-love's birthday... the first since he passed in April. So in my sorrow, I decided to change those thoughts to grateful ones... Today I am grateful for memories. Memories of how he would get in the floor and wrestle with the kids. Memories of how he loved to visit and go places with the kids. Memories of him grilling dinner. Memories of him cuddling the littles. Memories of his love. Yes, today I am thankful that though he is gone, his memory still lives within us <3

So what are you thankful for today? Each day I challenge us to try to come on here and write what we are thankful for... not as something to check off our list of things to do, but rather in our times of sorrow, anger, remorse, etc, that we turn those negative thoughts into what we are grateful for...

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2018 :  12:45:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today I am thankful for the life God gave me, parents who made us feel safe and protected, loved, well fed,and taken to church. I
I am thankful for my adult family. I'm thankful that I was able to retire and devote the past 18 years to my family. (I have had part time jobs, but now my jobs are at home. Yes!!!)
I am sad that Baylee has been diagnosed with Lupus, but am coming to grips with my own RA. For almost 40 years I have dealt with pain, popped over the counter pain meds and never taken the big bad drugs like those Baylee was offered. I am thankful that I can walk, think, cook, etc...although everything seems to be in slower motion. I am thankful that the chickens need to see me each day, because that means I can walk out to their pens and talk to them as I feed and water them.
And because today is a day to vote, I am thankful for that right. I'm also thankful that God is in control and His will shall be done.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Nov 06 2018 12:56:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2018 :  12:20:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today I am thankful for the hard lessons in life... for learning that sometimes friendships are only meant for a season... that sometimes our weaknesses are learned through run-ins with others. I am thankful that if we accept hard times as lessons to learn from, we can grow <3

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic November Thankfulness Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page