Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Sitting on the front porch. June ~2018
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Sitting on the front porch. June ~2018 Next Topic
Page: of 6

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6079 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6079 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2018 :  7:44:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ooo Bonnie are going to make raspberry jelly? I had a friend who used to make freezer jelly, that was so yummy.

Hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2018 :  03:13:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bonnie they have had the Fall stuff here at H L since the beginning of June. It's the only season I don't mind if they rush. But they will have Christmas things out in August! I am waiting for our wild blackberries to ripen. I think we need more sunshine for that. Red raspberries are so good!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jun 28 2018 03:15:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2018 :  8:37:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will be in high picking mode tomorrow. Raspberries are so good in so many things. Wish I could share.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6079 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6079 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2018 :  9:12:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me too, well enjoy your picking out there.
Have a good day tomorrow.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2018 :  08:52:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Headed to the Amish market for breakfast this morning.
My grandson stayed over night and helped me get a lot of things done.
He just finished weeding the front flower bed for me. It helps me and him because he is trying to save up some money.
He does a great job so I sure don't mind paying him some.
It also gives me time to work on some projects!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6079 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6079 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2018 :  2:00:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have fun shopping Denise and a great week end.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2018 :  9:23:13 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ed ad I got back from our week in Arkansas earlier this evening. We had a great time. We met a very nice couple on Saturday night a week ago, and they were staying in one of the timeshare condos right next to ours. We ended up doing quite a few things with them - thrifting, taking the tours through Blanchard Springs Caverns, going on a UTV adventure, feeding the fish, and listening to folk music on the square. We had a great time getting to know each other.

While we were gone, on Thursday a college student who helped with some weeding and gardening a few weeks ago came over and finished weeding and put out 16 bags of mulch. The beds look great! And we don't have to do it.

Now Ed and I have to do some work around both of our houses. His needs a LOT of work to make it habitable. One of his sons may be moving into it for a while and helping to clean it up. That will be a blessing to have his help when he is not at work.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3522 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3522 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2018 :  11:48:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, glad you and Ed had such a fun vacation and met another couple to enjoy!

Yum Bonnie, ,Raspberry jam and fresh raspberries just to eat!! Lucky you! Raspberries are one of my favorite fruits.

Tuesday, I am having a little hand surgery to fix this stupid recurring right trigger thumb! I had it injected in early March but the fix didn't last more than about 7 weeks before it started coming back. The hand surgeon said it is only about a 10 minute procedure and they will just numb my lower arm so I won't need general anesthesia. Afterwards, we are going over to the beach for 3 days with friends. This time I won't be able to enjoy the pool or ocean water, but I really want this thumb fixed because it hurts all the time and I can't do much of anything before it starts to lock up and make it difficult. Since I am right hand dominant, everything I do is effected!! I think it might make it hard to type for a few days, so you might not hear from me. Maybe not? I am not sure how big a bandage I will have to keep on for a few days. Maybe nothing. We shall see what happens. I am hoping for less restriction as it makes everything harder and slower for me if I have to use my left hand for everything!! I am looking forward to getting this thing fixed once and for all!!

Our little Wren family has been so basic the last week feeding a couple of babies. I don't know how many are in there but there were originally 3 eggs. Yesterday, Warren went to the bird store and got some meal worms and we put them out in a shallow bowl this morning and when we got home from church, they were all gone!!! Apparently the Wrens are pleased with these new nutritional baby feed and they are so easy to get! Nothing like making a Mom and Dad's life with the youngin's a lot easier!! LOL!!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2018 :  2:03:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie prayers for your hand surgery. Your little wren family will never leave when mealy worms are served up. Enjoy your visit with friends.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2018 :  08:23:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie, I hope your hand is doing better!

Linda, sounds like a wonderful trip!

Denise, Great you had your Gandson to help! I miss that all the kids around here, are all grown up now, I sure could use some helping hands and they love to make money when they are too young to work at a job.

I am still hoping to get some Strawberry jam made.

Our Hobby Lobby has all the Christmas decorations out!!

I had Lily June from Friday until 6 pm last night and this Ganny is worn out! I am trying to catch up today, but too weak to do much. So hot here, but if It don't change, Saturday's projected high is 82!!! A cold front coming by!! Lord I pray it stops here!!

Connie
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2018 :  1:14:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie I hope your hand is healing nicely. My hair dresser had both hands done at the same time several years ago. Here are great.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2018 :  10:40:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If anyone sends me any mail and I dont thank you. Cause its getting to me late. Mail sub. Is leaving our mail at other houses. Takes a while to get it back.

Edited by - Killarney on Aug 06 2018 10:41:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2018 :  10:45:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie how is your thumb now? I'm having trouble with both of mine. They don't lock up but hurt and I've been known to drop a lot of stuff...some breakable.
I made plum jelly from some small plums my husband brought in. Then later on I made some grape jelly from wild mustang grapes. I always share with my son's family and now this year with the third household: our newly weds! They are enjoying nesting in their tiny apartment. She told him he could decorate one corner of the living room. It is not very big. I laughed! They enjoy cooking together and have discovered that most recipes lead to leftovers when only two are eating. It is fun to hear their stories. I love this part: she gets up early and makes his lunch, when they are working out of town of out in the country. Her mother has NEVER gotten up to make a lunch for anyone but herself! I have fixed every lunch my son has ever taken. Hadlee always made her own lunch. Baylee often did without! In winter I make lots of soups, and always called the kids to see if they wanted some for their lunch the next day. I don't think they ever turned me down.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2018 :  10:07:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw Bees all over my garden! too many to count! I took a video, I was so excited! I have nor seen that many in years and years!!!!!!!!!! We have a bee keeper nearby now. It won't upload here. Just 1 minute long!I get an error code 404. Anyone know if I can do it another way?

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2018 :  8:12:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We've had tons of bees all summer. Try purple Angelica. They love it!
I sure hope those with hand issues are ok. My husband had several fingers on both hands done. It looks rally painful. Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2018 :  09:40:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got to do something I have not done in 15 years!! I went to the County Fair with my family! It was cloudy, and 68 and cold breeze blowing.( It is usually close to 100 degrees when the fair comes here every Labor day.) Some folks had on jackets! I was in Heaven. MS and heat don't work at all! I used my Roller bot walker and Lily June and I sat while my husband and daughter rode the big rides! I rode Dumbo the elephant with Lily June! It went very slow, so Ganny could ride with lily june. I'll never forget it. I am sooo stiff all over today, but it was soo worth it!!!!!!!!

Connie

Edited by - Killarney on Sep 10 2018 09:43:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3522 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3522 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2018 :  10:31:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is so cute of you and Lily June!!! I am NOT a ride lover, but I think even I could manage the little Dumbo ride!! LOL!!! Lily June is adorable in her jeans and teeshirt. What a cutie pie!! Glad you had such wonderful weather for the fair too.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2018 :  5:22:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Winnie! It was a Great for me!
Connie
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2018 :  7:31:45 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nice one, Connie.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2018 :  8:03:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie, great pictures of adorable Lily June! So glad you could go to the fair. Ours is a huge 10-day affair and I used an electric cart. Such fun! I even volunteered for 3 hours in the dairy barn's educational exhibit.

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2018 :  1:50:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bonnie. That sounds wonderful. I am going to get an electric cart soon. Enable me to do things I miss!
Connie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Sitting on the front porch. June ~2018 Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page