Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Sitting on the front porch. June ~2018
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Sitting on the front porch. June ~2018 Next Topic
Page: of 6

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2018 :  1:59:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, here we are the first day of June. It warmed up a lot today. Glad to see the sun. Looking forward to sharing this lovely summer month with everyone!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2018 :  2:05:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy First Day of June to you Denise.

As of today I am on official Fall watch - counting the days till it's pumpkin and candy corn time. In the meantime I intend to enjoy each and every day under the A/C. All outside work will be done before and right after sunup or after sundown.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2018 :  2:30:27 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds good to me, Sara.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2018 :  2:39:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a wise plan. I too start looking forward to fall. The new baby will be here then!!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2018 :  2:53:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tried to find the posts about weather but couldn't so I'll just say it here - we're under first heat alert of the season - 94 but feels like 104 - tomorrow is forecasted to be higher. Got a feeling this summer may be a hot one if June is starting off with an heat alert.

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2018 :  03:25:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara,
Do take care. Those heat indexes can be bad. How does Annie do in the heat like That? Tybee doesn't even like to go out in it.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2018 :  04:14:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, My backyard is shady so that helps a little and I keep water on the deck for her. I don't let her stay out longer than 15 or 20 minutes. Most of the time she is ready to come in.

I woke at midnight and couldn't go back to sleep so I got up with Annie right behind me. We sat out on the side porch for a little while and it was pleasant with a gentle breeze. I was still wide awake but Annie wasn't so she went to the door and kept looking back at me. We went inside, she went to bed, and I watched TV until I got sleepy.

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2018 :  05:04:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Even though you missed sleep it sounds like a nice way to spend the time. As long as it's not buggy I will sit in the porch at night and listen to the night sounds.
I woke early this morning and put a load if laundry before everyone was up. So that is done.Today I am headed to the Amish market for a couple of things. Then back here to clean the porch before it gets to hot.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jun 02 2018 05:06:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2018 :  05:27:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise the Amish market sounds like fun. Find good things to eat.

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2018 :  06:20:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I shop there about every couple of weeks Sara. I enjoy it being so close by. They travel about an hr. and a half to twice a day three days a week to the market from PA.

Finally finished getting the porch cleaned off and straightened up. That consists of scrubbing the floor and getting the front wall cleaned. We get a lot of green on the floor when it rains as much as it has lately. Now if the weather cooperates I plan to spend some time out there this year.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jun 03 2018 06:21:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2018 :  06:34:06 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
What do you look for at the Amish market, Denise? I love the breads and quilts and ...

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017

Edited by - quiltee on Jun 03 2018 06:34:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2018 :  06:45:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I buy my meats there because they are local farms whe re they get it. Also, some bulk goods when the prices are good. They don't have any quilts but they have a furniture store. Also a bakery, vegetable stand and a restaurant.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2018 :  08:46:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise what a neat place to visit and get local meat.

It's cool this morning so I have taken advantage of it to move outside furniture around. The metal bench went from the side porch to the front porch and the two white whicker rockers are on the side porch. Also moved the white wood telephone bench to go between the rockers. Some of the knicky-knacky things were moved around too. The side porch is my main sitting area so moving the rockers made sense to me.

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3522 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3522 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2018 :  11:15:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone and Happy Sunday! Today we have had rain, sun, clouds, rain and a humidity that is hovering between dry one minute and pouring the next. sigh. Sara, you know I am with you 100% on the Fall watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hehehe, last Fall, I stowed away a bag of my favorite Pumpkin spice coffee in the freezer for when I get desperate!!! LOL!! Here has been my Fall plan that I put into effect several years ago. As you can imagine, we don't really get Fall until Thanksgiving. So........I have made the day after my birthday the official Pre-Fall season and use Apples as my theme. I bring out all of my apple decor and start planning for our Apple Festival here at MJF in September . I host a give away and a swap every year so I dedicate this time to get everything made and completed. Usually during this time I break out my pumpkin spice coffee while I am working on something. And I like to make my annual Apple Pie Flavored coffee to enjoy and give away. Then, come September 1, I bring out the Fall decorations. If I waited until the weather changed, I would miss the entire season when everyone else is celebrating!! Also, you may have heard me say that the weather people use September 1 as the beginning of Fall. It is the official meteorological beginning of the season and not the Fall Equinox date. The reason, according to weather.com is that weather predictions depend on winds and changes in sea temperatures based on the tilt of the Earth etc. The factors begin changes closer towards the end of August in many areas. While summer continues to drag on down here in Florida, much of the more northern districts start to see changes.

WE have our neighborhood picnic this afternoon so I need to go and finish my dessert. Our street is responsible for dessert and I am making a cookie pizza. Easy and usually welcomed.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2018 :  12:05:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie looking forward to the Apple Festival too. My apple mint is doing good. I want to try to use it in the apple pie I hope to make for Apple Pie Sunday. Can't say I enjoy baking but once a year I do manage one apple pie.

Fall is an attitude - a hope & dream. I live in a house filled with fall colors and all year long scarecrows and pumpkins sit on top shelve above washer & dryer. One lone scarecrow sits on a butter churn in my kitchen. Come the last of August I will decorate outside and Yellow Rose Cottage for fall.

I dearly love looking for just the right pumpkin or big gourd for front porch. Just talking about what I want to do for the fall makes me happy. Here I sit the third day of June and fall dreaming is on my mind.

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2018 :  12:25:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Girls, Fall is my favorite season and I use whatever I can to decorate my house with fall items.I also use prim so that leans towards fall for me too. I love September because to me it is the start of fall. We always started school the day after Labor day and school started in the fall for us in NY. Love to talk apples pumpkins and anyrhing fall.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jun 03 2018 12:25:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
871 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2018 :  1:19:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone, so glad to jump on here. It is so hot and the humidity is horrible. Our air condition went out. The guy came and fixed it Sat. Thank goodness. We gave him 2 pints of mayhall jelly. I think he was more excited about that than being paid. My hubby made the jelly. Made also muscudine. So far 48 pints. Nice.
Have been thinking of you all and wanted to get on an see what is going on.
My hubby has dementia but is doing pretty good. Last week we went to see our niece who gave birth to twins. Boy (Roman Tyler) and Olivia Ann( her daddy named her). And Carmen glad she didn't have to have a C-section.
So all doing good.
I am doing better. Trying to loose weight not easy when hubby is cooking good stuff. LOL

I see some of my sissies on here are wanting fall to get here. I got to say I luv fall. I always say this but love listening to the wind blowing through the pines.
Oh Sara that sounds awesome sitting on the porch at midnight , luv to look up at the stars. When I was growing we had two swings on our front porch. My sister and I would take pillows and lay down . Momma made soft foam matts on them so they were comfortable.

Well getting off now and try not to be so long getting on her. Luv you'all

HUGS Marlee

Hugs: Heavens Ultimate Good Sign

OCD: Overly Cute Disposition

Farmgirls: Sisters from Different Gardens
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2018 :  1:36:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marlee, great to see you here! Congratulations on becoming a great aunt!
Glad to see you whenever you can get here.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2018 :  04:10:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know I've a day early but I might forget tomorrow to remember D Day. The battle that turned WWII to help the Allies win the war. June 6 and Dec 7 are two days from WWII I was taught in school never to forget. Dec 7 the bombing of Pearl Harbor. When I was being taught American History all our history was important. Now there is a on-going fight here in Texas to only teach American history after WWII. What's that saying - if you don't remember you run the danger of repeating it - I've loosely stated it.

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2018 :  04:16:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes Sara, it's good to remember our history and those important days. We were also taught about both those days. Being in the military it was important and we visited the USS Arizona memorial Dec 7th every year when we lived in Hawaii.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jun 05 2018 04:17:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2018 :  10:15:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A lot of wildlife going on at my house today. Red headed woodpecker and cardinal next to each other eating the black oil sunflower seeds I put out in front yard. In the back yard I saw a brown thrasher a couple of hours before Annie got another squirrel. When she's in the back yard I check on her every so often. She had just killed it and I told her to drop it and come in. She did and then I disposed of the body. One less squirrel to dig in my herb containers and make holes I step in. We are overrun with those nasty rodents. At any given time I can count six or seven digging. Annie by breed is a hunter so when she gets a squirrel that doesn't bother me but yesterday somehow she got a baby bird and that does make me sad.

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2018 :  10:26:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spent some time our in the front porch with Tybee. He enjoys being out there laying in the sun. Was able to do some reading.Came in had lunch and I need to get a few things done before JT gets in. Just enjoying the quiet today and the great weather.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jun 05 2018 10:27:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2018 :  10:35:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise isn't it good to have a day where you can relax and not have to hurry around. Glad you enjoyed reading on your porch and Tybee could get some sun.

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2018 :  10:37:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes it sure is Sara. Its a piddling day here I guess.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3522 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3522 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2018 :  11:59:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mr. and Mrs. Wren are back at the birdhouse again after seemingly being absent for many days. I peeked inside the nest from the ladder and there were two little eggs but no Mama and Papa around. They, yesterday and this morning, they were back and forth inside the nest. Hmmmmmmmmm., will they hatch those eggs now?

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2018 :  12:00:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy June dear HenHouse sisters! Life is in full swing here on our homestead. So far we have eleven baby goats, with three more goats due in the next couple weeks. Our pigs, ducks, and chickens are all thriving! My garden is half planted... some needs to be replanted due to the mega storm that came through the end of last week. Jenni is growing and gaining weight... and rolling all over the floor. Emi wants to help with her so so much! Aly is still her cheerful self. She and Ben both are trying to learn to read. Sammi is struggling with her arthritis with the storms we have been having, but with the extra naps she has been taking, she has been doing well. Will and Lee have been busy helping with the animals, and Katie is my right hand with everything domestic. Brad is loving working with couples at the hospital - he enjoyed working with kids at the kid clinic, but he loves working with families and couples!!! And me - I'm just hanging in, being reminded daily of how blessed I am <3

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Sitting on the front porch. June ~2018 Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page