notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2018 :  07:27:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...but it's bright and sunny today in Indiana! We woke up to a light covering of snow this morning. Even so, it's undeniable- the feeling of spring is in the air. I can't wait for some greenery to start popping up. We only have a tiny hint of it right now.

Today I'm cleaning out my craft room/office. Not in an easy way. Everything is coming down from shelves, off of tables, out of cabinets and it may find its way back. We'll see. One of the nice things about being the go-to house for Holidays like Easter (aside from having your house full of people you love) is having so many leftovers that you don't have to cook for days! I can devote myself to this project, relatively guilt-free.

Happy April!

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Farmgirl of the Month - March 2016

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
895 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2018 :  09:41:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That sounds so fun, Erin! My house is a bit upside down, and I'm just itching to do spring cleaning. However, my husband is renovating the kitchen, so there's no point as it will all just get dusty again. I need patience :)

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

April 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2018 :  09:34:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joyce it's so hard to be patient in those situations! How is it going with the renovations? Will it be a while?

I only ended up getting through half of my craft room, but at least it was the half that needed it the most! It was cold this morning, I think it will be cold again tomorrow but we're getting a warm up after that. Spring might actually be here then (fingers crossed)! Jason replanted our tomatoes this weekend. They're getting on pretty well. I had to replant the broccoli and calendula because a mouse ate it! I was so mad. It's on a baker's rack in front of a window in my craft room, but somehow mice could climb up onto the window sill to get it. There's a trap there now. We caught 3 in a row and haven't had anymore for days, so hopefully that's done. :(

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
895 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2018 :  09:38:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't imagine planting!! Our ground is still frozen - it's still cold enough for us to wear winter boots, gloves, hat and my down jacket!! I can't believe a mice ate your broccoli and calendula :) It's quite cute - I can imagine him having a feast!!

Renovations will be 2-3 more weeks, as he's been working on some carpentry in another house recently. I'd just like to get clean :D

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

1 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
1 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2018 :  6:20:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HI Joyce and Erin!!!
I finally 'made' it to the forum!!! Thank you Erin! I too need to clean and organize my craft room but unlike poor Joyce our ground is nice and warm and last week I FINALLY got the garden weeded and this week made my rows and planted! SO happy!! Not nearly as large as last year because hubs worked out of country and left me with 15 acres and pond to ow and weed PLUS the garden. Did me in! Not as young as I used to be! So this year the vegetable garden is half it's size but my flower garden is still huge! I o so love gardening! I like mice but outside ONLY!! lol! Joyce, patience is a virtue we will continue to master all our lives, huh? I feel for you! Wishing you a speedy spring!!!

Farmgirl #7703
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
895 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2018 :  03:04:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Dianna!!! I am so thrilled you joined us! I hope you will join the reading challenge...I am putting together a nice prize for the winner! Yes, patience is a virtue!

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2018 :  05:28:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Dianna! It's so nice to have you here with us! Where did your husband work out of the country? That sounds like quite a job he left you with.

It's going to be 75 out today! What a nice warm spring day! I can't wait to open the windows, and kick the kids outside.

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2018 :  11:30:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi girls, I was looking online for some sort of tutorial to make windchimes out of a metal colander, and I came across this blog that is so cute. I had to share it with you. There are lots of cute crafty ideas for the garden in here.

https://empressofdirt.net/

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
895 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2018 :  11:51:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fun, Erin!!

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2018 :  8:03:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Erin! I've been looking for some cute ideas!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic April Showers... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page